• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/08/1967

I agree with everything David Wilkerson said in his 1989 sermon. I think he is a really gifted minister called by God for our day. I used to subscribe to many of his teachings, but no longer have them, because I did not have room to store them all. Here is one article he wrote that I popped upon accidently and I liked it so much that I saved it on my computer. Its called Pillow Prophets. Because of copyright law, only the link to the article can be posted, so just click on the link to read the article.

http://www.worldchallenge.org/pulpit_serie.../ps85_0200.html

Thanks tmrfiles, I was stumped earlier when I was called a "pillow prophet" according to what you shared with us through this link...I know for a fact that I am NOT a pillow prophet...I am not a prophet at all..do believe in prophecy but not that fluffy comfortable stuff that so many hope will tickle their ears..

Blessings

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow cobalt1959!..you sound like me..some will hear you, most will not..but keep right on talkin'.... :emot-handshake:

by the way...WELCOME

Edited by jackie d

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

:) Yep. That's about what I thought. I give up.

Marnie, I make my reply here so as not to clutter the board with a large quote.

First of all, I did not say I had a trained eye, I said, "its plain to the UNTRAINED eye."

So you misquoted me, then attacked what I said for like 3 paragraphs.

Second, I definitely HAVE seen it hundreds of times, and I feel confident that I am not exaggerating in any way.

While I never have much of anything good to say about my country, you on the other hand never seem to have anything bad to say. You just let anything go on the basis of "at least we aren't as bad as such and such a country..."

*sigh*

We live in a sinful world, regardless of where you live. And because we live in a sinful world we are subject to the sin around us--read 1 Peter. What galls me is how the self-proclaimed prophets at Worthy rag on America constantly, as if out of all the nations of the world, we are the worst. It's easy to say anything on a Christian forum, claim G-d spoke to you since most people here are respectful to take you at your word. I am not that respectful. I seek proof. Anybody can say anything, stick G-d's Name on the end of it and you're a prophet. I just don't buy it. Especially when it's the same few people.

I believe G-d speaks to us three ways: through His revealed Word, through providence and through dreams and visions. I believe in the present day working of the Holy Spirit. I just have yet to be convinced that any "dream" on this forum is from the Lord. I have read Mr Wilkerson's sermon before when his Times Square website was still active. He's been preaching that same message since the early 1970's from what I can tell. He did wonderful work with the street people of NYC; there is no denying that. Many of his books are out of print, but you can buy a lot of them here. Now he is a man who speaks for G-d, but he does something about it. The minute one of the "prophets" or naysayers-against-America quits their job and goes on the road preaching their message or woking with the poor and drug addicted, etc. then I will believe their message is from G-d. It's easy to shake your finger at the country and point out "our" flaws, but until you do something about your own and about "ours," you're spitting in the wind; your words have no credability.

My point is that you and the other people in this forum who long for G-d's judgement on America need to travel around the country a bit and see the good that is being done. And you need to travel to other countries and see conditions there. I have been to Europe and seen the shoddy healthcare there. Have you? I have been to Africa and seen real poverty, have you? I have been to Israel and seen people living in real fear, have you? My guess is no, you haven't. You don't know how good you have it here. In fact, the poor in America are to be envied! The poor in other countries don't have a pot to empty out the window!

As far as the ignorant statements made by Cobalt...NOBODY is denied essential medical care in America. BUT, citizens have a responsibility to play by the rules and make sure they are covered for more than what Medicare/Medicaid covers. It's not rocket science; it is personal responsibility to make sure your needs are met in terms of health insurance and retirement plans. And Cobalt, your constant use of "WE" is highly offensive. I am NOT morally bankrupt, I do care for the poor and there are millions of people just like me. So don't lump us all in together.

The poor in this country have access to social programs galore. If they are living on the streets it's because that is where they want to be. If an elderly man who worked all his life has nothing in his sunset years, it is because he didn't plan for his retirement. That is not the nation's fault. Do people slip through the cracks, of course they do. But there are government agencies and private agencies all over ready to help such people. But you have to find them; they won't come looking for you.

This is not the Millennial Kingdom and never will be. There will be rich and there will be poor. The Bible says that.

Instead of ragging on the rest of us who work, provide for our families, plan for our retirement, save for ours and our kids college, pay for our own health insurance, own our homes....instead of ragging on us, why don't you do something to help those who don't have instead of ripping the rest of us who do? Perhaps G-d is calling you to do just that. Spouting your views here won't get the job done. Get up off your assets and lend a hand. Some of us actually are doing just that. It might surprise you who, because we don't talk about it and we don't criticize others. And we actually think that America--not a perfect nation by any stretch of the imagination--is a blessed nation, not a cursed one, that allows us the freedom to do great things for people.

I agree with everything David Wilkerson said in his 1989 sermon. I think he is a really gifted minister called by God for our day. I used to subscribe to many of his teachings, but no longer have them, because I did not have room to store them all. Here is one article he wrote that I popped upon accidently and I liked it so much that I saved it on my computer. Its called Pillow Prophets. Because of copyright law, only the link to the article can be posted, so just click on the link to read the article.

http://www.worldchallenge.org/pulpit_serie.../ps85_0200.html

Thanks tmrfiles, I was stumped earlier when I was called a "pillow prophet" according to what you shared with us through this link...I know for a fact that I am NOT a pillow prophet...I am not a prophet at all..do believe in prophecy but not that fluffy comfortable stuff that so many hope will tickle their ears..

Blessings

Hi jackie... I just read your post previous post, and what a coincidence... hee..hee :wub: You referring that you are not a "pillow prophet", and the I put up a link by David Wilkerson about "Pillow Prophets." That is surreal !! At any rate, it certainly was not directed at you. I believe David Wilkerson is speaking of your mega churches who are in the Jesus business and preach the prosperity gospel, including your TV Evangelists, which is the majority of Ameican "churches", IMO. I do have one question, for you, though. After I read your post, you referred to the Amish as a cult. What makes you think that? Here is their core belief:

http://www.religioustolerance.org/amish3.htm:

Amish beliefs which are shared by Evangelicals:

The Amish are a very conservative Christian faith group, with an Anabaptist tradition. Many of their beliefs are identical to those of many Fundamentalist and other Evangelical churches, including:

Adult baptism is done after one makes a commitment to the church.

Belief in the Trinity, the virgin birth, incarnation, sinless life, crucifixion, resurrection ascension, and atonement of Jesus Christ.

One lives on after death, either eternal rewarded in Heaven or punished in Hell.

Salvation is by grace from God.

The Bible's authors were inspired by God. Their writings are inerrant. The Bible is generally to be interpreted literally.

Satan exists as a living entity.

Etc.

And they most assuredly displayed an outpouring of the forgiveness of Christ during their tremendous loss last week in the school killing of their children, the likes of which this country has never seen. Only a person or people who have Christ within could ever do something like that and I think we all can take some lessons from them.

My Web Blog

I know that the article you posted "pillow prophet" was not directed at me..it certainly was funny to see after the things that were said to me...I got a chuckle out of it..smiles

Never mind about the Amish..I did not say what I said start a debate on the Amish..it was a statement. I did not say I was down on them, I feel that they have given an excellent example to the rest of the world in the way they live and how they have handled the horrible thing that happened to them.

However, they live a cultish life, one that I (just me..not speaking for anyone else) could not live with. God bless them in their lifestyle, it is not for me..I would have been more politically correct to have said they live a cultish lifestyle..instead of actually stating they are a cult.

In Him

Edited by jackie d

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

I agree too, we could all be a lot more forgiving.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

From what i can tell, as long as America defends Israel, America will be under Gods Protection. Yet the minute it fails to deliver Israel her protection, maybe if Hilary Cliton or some Liberal is voted for president, the chances are all support for Israel will be cut back. This is the green light for terrorists/suicide bombers... and if Israel starts to get pounded then, it will be America's fault and i believe God will judge America then, starting with its churches (1 Pet 4.17).

To AndrewA:

I agree - the UK is a more Godless nation nation than the U.S... Islam and secularism are growing fast here.... and most churches are lukewarm.

Peace

Jai Patel

I agree with this, up to a point, but I don't think it is a free license to behave in any way we see fit. We need revival, and we need it quick. . .

then let us each one pray personally for revival to occur within us. And that God bring them one by one through revival of new found belief. We have too many churches that are seeking "revival" but then they are also praying for unity, one world religion and world peace.....none of those things are truly biblical at this time. In fact Christ said I did not come to bring peace, but a sword...He has taken on the authority dividing the goats from the sheep and it will begin in the house of the Lord, the Church.

Now, I bet with what I just said the fur is really going to fly....shrug

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

George Bush has nothing to do with neither my salvation nor anybody else. Countries come and go; it does not mean they are under any more or less judgment than any other country. I have salvation in Jesus Christ, regardless of what happens in Washington or Israel. Our Lord saves individuals, not nation states. It does not matter where you live.

I do agree with those of you who point out the problems in the USA though. We are certainly not a Christian nation and I think the more we talk about that, the more hypocritical we sound. The more we become a part of this culture the more we do indeed share in its sins and anti-Christ nature. But we don

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,227
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  08/19/1964

"NOBODY is denied essential medical care in America." I love this one, and you are totally correct there, but once you get it, what are you going to do to keep the hospital and/or collection agencies off of your back? They are like rabid wolves, and they will come after you if all you have to your name is one thin dime. You then go on to say that people really should have nore health insurance, basically. How are they supposed to afford it? That cracks me up. "I know you've only got a minimum wage job, but you really need more health insurance." Are the poor here in America to be envied by the poor in other countries? You better believe it, but I doubt that that is what they say to themselves as they go to sleep. That is not germane to this discussion.

Sorry but I have to take offense with this statement. I run a hospital, I and my CFO have personally worked with countless individuals on their medical bills. We have people with payment plans that are so low it will take them literally 50 years to pay off the Bill. I have personally authorised thousands and thousands of total write offs. The ones who go to collections make absolutely no, zero, zippo effort to even acknowledge that they have a bill. And contrary to your broad sweeping assessment, my Hospital is not an exception it is a common practice. This is not to say a few Hospitals have not behaved improperly, for they have. If it seems like you have pushed one of my buttons....you have...Countless wonderful deeds happen because of our hospitals, and it's not just the Doctors and Nurses. There is a very liberal agenda to take over the Medical care here in America, and one of there tactics is to demonize the Hospital. That way you have no choice but to rely on your good ole Government to be your savior from those evil Hospitals.

Ok Done Ranting,

God Bless,

Kansas Dad

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  02/08/1966

I'm pretty new here and I read all the different posts in this thread and I would have to say Marnie that you aren't a very nice person.

Maybe you need to get off your own asset and find something to do besides climbing up the assets of others :)