• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  1

I am so glad you worked out the situation with your sweetheart... :21:

it is a pretty normal response to rise up against someone who is telling us not to do something we want to do... :24:

It took me a lot of years to really learn to give my husband the respect I should have been giving him..

I learned in some very hard lessons that my husband was loving me with his decisions for our lives and I did not have to fear trusting him...

Now in our relationship I am very trusting of him and I sure hope it is an easier lesson for you to learn..

I not only trust him but I trust God to give him the wisdom to lead our home..

If he makes mistakes then God will work it out for our good...

Sounds like your husband is a great guy and loves you and wants what is best for you.. :24:

... ;)

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Maybe your husband would like it if he saw you more often than the Pastor does? Churches, Sister, will work a willing horse to death!

• Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,580
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/13/1960

Without getting too wordy about it, it looks like control issues to me.

Sis, I think you know my husband is the same way. But I know he is controling. Has been since we got married. It's only gotten worse. Is it that your hubby doesn't want you to be away from home? Would that leave him more responsibility to take care of the children? Is he insecure that you'll get so involved, he won't feel important anymore? If it is specically a control issue, don't wait as long as I have (over 18 yrs) to let it get worse. If it due to insecurity or just not having you there then he really needs to open up. Maybe your pastoral counseling? I know it's frustrating and I am praying for you dear sis :):noidea:

Okay, update:

I talked to him, and the reason he doesn't want me doing things outside the home is because there are some things in the home(housework)that he feels I'm not doing as well as I should, so until I get here under control, he doesn't want me putting anything more on my plate.

I actually think that's pretty fair. It's nothing like what I thought it was. I'm so glad I talked to him. Now reprioritize the housework schedule, and I should be off of being grounded. :) Sorry, just joking.

You must live in a really big house.

Guest RiSiNg VoIcE

Don't give up on your faith because you have duties to your husband. God comes before all, even the sacred duties of marriage. Instead, if you really must not go to church, try to make church come to you. Invite your pastor over for dinner. Watch christian television while you clean. Listen to christian radio as you make supper. (I don't mean to sound sexist, but you said you were a stay at home mom, so I figured you do things like that. In my life experience, anything I say can get me slapped for being insensitive :) ). The important thing is youre trying to get god to be even more in your life than he already is, and that's a task more americans should aspire to reach. After all, the people that most need the lord are the ones who reject him. (oh, and as an added bonus to bringing the church to you, the children will be even more exposed to a christian atmosphere, and will be better prepared to ignore rationalist views later in life)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Perhaps he was really involved in a church previously and got hurt/offended/etc.

But if this is across the board - no activities anyplace - then is he concerned there will be a lot of expense, "responsibilites" won't get done, perhaps he really wants you to get a part-time job instead- there's a lot of "what ifs."

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

Anita said

After all, I married someone who pretended to be a Christian but deceived me. So I know all about that scheme....

Forgive me, Anita, but your quote above just made me roll over :wub: Men can be quite the "performers", huh? :wub:

If you don't mind me asking, are you still married to him?

My Web Blog

Unfortunately yes, but I'm no longer living with him. I left him in January. Right now I can't afford the divorce, but I want one badly and quickly.

Anita

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

You must live in a really big house.

No, I just have two really little, really messy kids, a dog, a cat, and a husband...oh, wait, and sometimes his two kids......a white tile floor.....