• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  206
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/25/1978

I did know of bathsheba but not that she was of African Descent.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Well it never specifically says that, thats just what her name means! :emot-heartbeat:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  145
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  07/23/1973

I for one would be in favor of inter-racial marriage. There is nothing wrong with it to my mind. Nor is it forbidden in the Bible. The only color that matters is the color of ones heart. And wether or not both the man and the woman are believers in JESUS CHRIST!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  206
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/25/1978

Well it never specifically says that, thats just what her name means! :emot-heartbeat:

Is it true that back in the day (2000 years ago) that people were given names sometimes reflecting the area they came from?

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

Guys i am currently on the fence on this issue , so i am asking for advice here. I used to think that the races should marry within their own race. Please do not get me wrong i am no racist and for that matter most of my friends are non white, and i myself am of Indian Descent. So please understand i am not racist but this issue is prevelant in Modern society.

I know there are scriptures in the bible that speak of forbidden marriages, of not allowing sons to marry woman from a certain clan, of fathers sending delegates to other areas so their sons could find a bride of similiar ilk/clan - but in general the bible is silent on this matter. I have seen in South Africa even in Modern society where children born out of interracial marrriages being segregated because they do not fit in with the whites and they do not fit in with the blacks. I have also seen interracial marriages break up because of a lack of understanding of the partners culture / background. On the flip side i have seen interracial marriages succeed . Look i am not saying that conventional marriages are all beautiful and rosey no on the contrary but lets have your oppinions here I would love to hear your oppinions and please lets try to stick to the subject.

I do not beleive it's a sin. It's something that should be taken only after serious thought though, due to society.

It's more important that a person's faith, personal culture (by this I mean lifestyle and goals and beliefs and personal preferences for different things) be similar, honestly.

Children of interracial marriages can have problems, but alot of it depends upon the families involved. My sister is dating outside her race. Our family is not apt to accept HIM but will not look down on the child (yes, I was sired and reared by prejudiced people). His family has intermarried with many races and their family photo looks like a mini united nations so neither my sister nor any child from that union would be uncomfortable if they married from HIS family.

Guest lovinghim4ever
LightofJesus

God dosen't see color He sees Jesus' blood!!! So I really do not think it really matters to Him about what color you are or race He made you that way for a reason and also brings us together for His purposes so let us rejoice in the Lord!! Amen?

mikado5001

I for one would be in favor of inter-racial marriage. There is nothing wrong with it to my mind. Nor is it forbidden in the Bible. The only color that matters is the color of ones heart. And wether or not both the man and the woman are believers in JESUS CHRIST!

Best Answers Yet! :wub:

God's major concern is that our hearts are covered and washed in the blood of His only begotten Son, Jesus! He doesn't care what color skin our spouse's have.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

There is nothing in Scripture that forbids it. Anyone who is uncomfortable with the idea should examine their reasons as to why and be careful that they don't try to use Scripture to support their opinion. There may be some practical reasons why it might not be the best option, but there is no biblical reason for making an absolute statement that it is wrong.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  469
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  09/21/1967

If you both love each other, you are both Christian and you have God at center of your marriage then what ethnic background or race you are shouldn

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,072
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/27/1948

My daughter just married a man whose father was English and mother Japanese. All the Japanese relations came to the wedding and there were some lovely kimonos. My husband and I found we got on really well with his Dad and Mum and count them as friends. So here's one Mum who isn't against mixed race marriages, although I'm not sure what MY mother would have said (being of the war generation) but that's something else!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/02/1983

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in scripture when people were warned against marrying different races/ethnicities, those that they were warned against, wasn't it a warning because of the beliefs, over the fact that they were different races/ethnicities? The different countries were worshipping idols and such, right?

And seriously, how many of us are actually of pure blood or any type of descent? Very few nowadays. I'm a good 'ol mutt. I find beauty in the differences of races and cultures. I'm white, but tend to be primarily attracted to black men. Doesn't mean I don't date white men, just that my preferences lie elsewhere.

There's nothing wrong with interracial dating/marriage.