• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Are we not all God's creation? Are we not all descendants of Adam, and even further up, Noah? I would rather marry someone of a different race who truly loved God than someone of my own race who didn't.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

The thing with Miriam and Aaron was they also was prophets of God you can see that in Numbers 12:2 as both of them came out against Moses for taking the Ethopian women to wife which was forbidden in the law unless she became a Jew outwardly and lived according to the law.

Both Aaron and Miriam knew the law and were interpreters as prophets of God themselves so in their eyes they chided or was rebuking Moses for something they thought was wrong in God's eyes. And in verse 2 it just happened that the Lord heard it.

then in verse 4 of numbers 12 the Lord called these three to a conference about this matter and in verse 5 the Lord comes down and calls both aaron and miriam aside. then in verse 6 the Lord says you two listen to me and listen to me good if there is a prophet among you then I am going to speak to that prophet in visions and dreams as he was doing with aaron and Miriam. Then in verse 7 God tells him that it wasn't so with Moses who back in verse 3 you can read where he was a very meek man meaning a humble man and he was the humblest and meekest man on the face of the earth above all men that's how humble and meek Moses was and back in verse 7 God also said that Moses was faithful to Him.

then in verse 8 God says it isn't so with Moses whenever I speak to Moses it's mouth to mouth and not in dark speechs that come through visions and dreams as I do you two. Also God told these two that Moses in verse 8 the similitude of the Lord shall he behold in other words the glory of the Lord like back in Exodus 33:19 which is a display of God's mercy in Moses taking the Ethopian women in the first place as this is God taking in the Gentile nations if they are willing to become a Jew outwardly and seperate themselves and live and abide by the covenant they too was a Jew but outwardly. Which is a picture of Christ who was to come and die so that the Gentile nations could be a Jew inwardly as God takes out our stony heart and give us a heart of flesh with the laws of God written on the tables of our hearts.

And because both aaron and miriam were not afraid of God's glory that rested with Moses and spake out against him for what he did. it made God mad in verse 9 and God smote miriam with leprosy and then aaron when he see this leprosy on miriam he calls out for mercy to Moses as he was on the other side of the room as God had called these two aside from him. but aaron cries out for moses to forgive them for what they done so God want kill Miriam in verse 12 then Moses cried out in verse 13 for the Lord not to kill her but heal her.

then down in verse 14 is the truth of the matter revealed in why Miriam was judged so by God and not aaron. As God told Moses if Miriam's own father had but spit in her face which is pretty rough should she not be ashamed seven days? let her be shut out from the camp seven days then let her come back into camp. and in verse 15 she stayed outside the camp for seven days and came back in again after her punishment was over.

the thing here is Miriam even after she was struck with the leprosy was not ashamed for what she did and said to Moses she never cried out for forgiveness not one single time. But aaron on the other hand who also spoke out against Moses for taking the Ethopian woman to wife cried out in verse 9 for Moses to forgive them for what they done so God want kill miriam. And when Moses heard aaron calling out to him then Moses called out to the Lord not to kill her but heal her instead. So Miriam was not ashamed for speaking out against Moses not one time did she cry for mercy or forgiveness. Had it not been for Moses intreating the Lord on her behalf she would have died.

Moses wasn't like any other prophet was for he spoke to God face to face and mouth to mouth. Moses was the man and ya had to have respect unto Him and his very high position with God.

As God was having mercy on whom he was having mercy on as back in Exodus 33:19 as even the Gentiles back then could become a Jew but it was done outwardly.

There is no where in the word to my knowledge where it forbids interracial marriages it has gone on for centuries even in fact.

OC

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  206
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/25/1978

If you both love each other, you are both Christian and you have God at center of your marriage then what ethnic background or race you are shouldn

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  206
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/25/1978

Are we not all God's creation? Are we not all descendants of Adam, and even further up, Noah? I would rather marry someone of a different race who truly loved God than someone of my own race who didn't.

That makes sense brother :)

Guest lovinghim4ever

That makes sense brother :thumbsup:

Amen to that! :24:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  01/30/1983

When I was growing up I lived in a town where there were NO black people- all white people (including me). My mother told me when I was a teenager that she didn't have a problem with me dating a black guy, but that I shouldn't marry him because then the children would be mixed and they would be confused about which race they were. :) I thought this was really silly, and I still think it's really silly.

When I moved to the city and started university I dated a black guy for a while...it didn't work out due to the cultural differences along with the fact that he was extremely aggressive toward me (although I'm not saying that ALL black men are like this- just that this particular one was).

If people want to have an interracial marriage or relationship I think that's cool. You shouldn't be picking someone based on skin color anyhow- you should pick them based on how you feel when youre with them and how they treat you! :)

sierra

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  02/01/1992

I think it depends on the person. If you feel that you understand eachother and you can trust eachother, then by all means pursue your relationship. But if things can get chunky between the two of you, maybe you should see other people. I doubt that if you stood before God on judgment day, that he would love you less because of the people you marry. And I also think the deeper problem is different beliefs. I have heard of more divorces over beliefs than of different races, and if you love eachother, what's race got to do with anything??? If you love them, and they love you, and you feel that this could be a good thing between the two of you, don't let their race stop you from true love.

-kate