VRSpock

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

"Under no circumstances is it ok to view someone as your enemy when they wish you no harm. "

Who says we call them our enemy? We know very well who are enemy is and it's not homosexuals.

And even if we DID view them as our enemy, as Christians we're supposed to PRAY for them, not bomb them.

So the comparison is way, way, way out of line.

"Evil is so loosely define in Christian reasoning, it is allowed on the altar of the cross to indiscriminately shun people just on their inability to function normally."

So you admit they aren't functioning normally?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lovinghim4ever
"Under no circumstances is it ok to view someone as your enemy when they wish you no harm. "

Who says we call them our enemy? We know very well who are enemy is and it's not homosexuals.

And even if we DID view them as our enemy, as Christians we're supposed to PRAY for them, not bomb them.

Amen to that! :41: :41: :41:

:thumbsup::wub::wub::wub::emot-hug::emot-hug:

:wub::wub::emot-hug:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

In any case, comparing a beleif that calls to PRAY for people to a religion that calls people to KILL them is not a fair comparison. Period.

You should read the 'born gay' thread and comment there, after you've read the whole thing.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  06/24/1971

Here's what I think we should do:

1) Preach the gospel to all the nations.

2) Build up the Body of Christ on the earth.

3) Anxiously desire for the Lord's return.

Sorry, but the rest is a waste of time. It's fruitless to try and change a world that's going down the tubes. It is going down the tubes - the Lord promised it would. No sense in delaying the inevitable.

No...I'm not a "glass is half empty" kind of guy. I'm more a "Lord come soon" kind of guy.

The world's flooding folks. We need to get more in the boat before it's too late.

Amen, there is NO WORLD PEACE until the evil one is gone from our midst! Anything else is a lie.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  06/24/1971

Under no circumstances is it ok to view someone as your enemy when they wish you no harm. Evil is so loosely define in Christian reasoning, it is allowed on the altar of the cross to indiscriminately shun people just on their inability to function normally.

Actually God laid out what is and isn't evil in black and white. God's Word very plainly states what is and what is not evil. There are no "loose terms" in God's Word with regards to this....it is the world that has adopted relavant morality......so much so that 3 9-year old girls in our county are pregnant! This distorts what people perceive to be "normal" and the world's concept of "normal" is so distorted that it is rediculous.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Under no circumstances is it ok to view someone as your enemy when they wish you no harm. Evil is so loosely define in Christian reasoning, it is allowed on the altar of the cross to indiscriminately shun people just on their inability to function normally.

Actually God laid out what is and isn't evil in black and white. God's Word very plainly states what is and what is not evil. There are no "loose terms" in God's Word with regards to this....it is the world that has adopted relavant morality......so much so that 3 9-year old girls in our county are pregnant! This distorts what people perceive to be "normal" and the world's concept of "normal" is so distorted that it is rediculous.

I agree

• Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Romans 5:10 NIV

Edited by Press Forward

Guest LadyC
I disagree. Even with the Bible passages. So since I disagree, I am now an enemy to Christ? I disagree because it doesn't make any sense. Not to make enemies. And if Christ wants to make me an enemy if I cant make heads or tails out of it, then it is out of my hands. I cant say i agree with something when I know deep down I disagree. If my heart isn't in it, then whats the point? How can that be evil? That just doesn't makes sense. Some stuff in the bible can discredit itself.

What ever the Bible says, homosexuals can't help it. They can abstain the activity, yes. But they will suffer and live their life a lie. Especially to their wives.

just as "darkness" is the absence of light, "evil" is the absence of holiness which comes from God.

God doesn't make you His enemy. if you reject Him, you make yourself His enemy. if you want understanding of His word, seek Him. if you choose not to, your ignorance of His word and your lack of understanding is your own responsibility. not His. it is not out of your hands.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I disagree. Even with the Bible passages. So since I disagree, I am now an enemy to Christ? I disagree because it doesn't make any sense. Not to make enemies. And if Christ wants to make me an enemy if I cant make heads or tails out of it, then it is out of my hands. I cant say i agree with something when I know deep down I disagree. If my heart isn't in it, then whats the point? How can that be evil? That just doesn't makes sense. Some stuff in the bible can discredit itself.

What ever the Bible says, homosexuals can't help it. They can abstain the activity, yes. But they will suffer and live their life a lie. Especially to their wives.

just as "darkness" is the absence of light, "evil" is the absence of holiness which comes from God.

God doesn't make you His enemy. if you reject Him, you make yourself His enemy. if you want understanding of His word, seek Him. if you choose not to, your ignorance of His word and your lack of understanding is your own responsibility. not His. it is not out of your hands.

Yes! :)

And may I add that the suffering that one undergoes in the choice to be homosexual and still marry is not just your own. You cause the wife and subsequent children to suffer immeasurably because of a cowardly lie. Sin brings terrible suffering...it is a promise of God.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I don't reject god. I worship God. I reject people who call themselves god. And the people who are telling you that if you are steadfast of the 1st commandment, you are evil. That doesn't makes sense at all.

There is only one God. The Father of all of us. He demands our full attention. No one else.

I haven't met too many people who call themselves "gods".

Can you explain further what you mean about the first commandment?

Exodus 20:3...

You must not have any other god but me.