IGNORED

Christ's Body -

Guest Angeledei

Guest Angeledei

I would like to start a discussion to explain how Catholics see the institution of the Holy Eucharist. The Holy Eucharist is the center of our spirituality and what we base everything upon. It is Jesus' ultimate gift save the cross.

I read on the other thread where someone called His Sacred Body and Blood "crap" and I was really offended as I am sure was Our Lord. Perhaps we can enter into this discussion fresh and without hostility and in a manner pleasing to Our Lord upon which He has called us to a spirit of humility and meekness.

Maybe, you may see some aspect of Holy Eucharist in a way you never knew or maybe you never fullt understood the belief; so I will try, with the help of the Lord to convey it.

One suggestion - before you post a reply - say a prayer to the Holy Spirit and beg for the spirit of meekness and this may help avoid heated uprisings.

--------> The basis for Holy Eucharist is taken from Sacred Scripture in St. John's Gospel chapter 6 starting right around verse 47 (in reality the whole chapter)

47 Amen, amen, I say unto you: He that believeth in me hath everlasting life.

48 I am the bread of life. 49 Your fathers did eat manna in the desert: and are dead. 50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven: that if any man eat of it, he may not die. 51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven. 52 If any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, for the life of the world. 53 The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying: How can this man give us his flesh to eat? 54 Then Jesus said to them: Amen, amen, I say unto you: except you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you shall not have life in you.

55 He that eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood hath everlasting life: and I will raise him up in the last day. 56 For my flesh is meat indeed: and my blood is drink indeed. 57 He that eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood abideth in me: and I in him. 58 As the living Father hath sent me and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, the same also shall live by me.

59 This is the bread that came down from heaven. Not as your fathers did eat manna and are dead. He that eateth this bread shall live for ever.

60 These things he said, teaching in the synagogue, in Capharnaum.

61 Many therefore of his disciples, hearing it, said: This saying is hard; and who can hear it? 62 But Jesus, knowing in himself that his disciples murmured at this, said to them: Doth this scandalize you? 63 If then you shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before? 64 It is the spirit that quickeneth: the flesh profiteth nothing. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life. 65 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that did not believe and who he was that would betray him. 66 And he said: Therefore did I say to you that no man can come to me, unless it be given him by my Father. 67 After this, many of his disciples went back and walked no more with him.

68 Then Jesus said to the twelve: Will you also go away? 69 And Simon Peter answered him: Lord, to whom shall we go? Thou hast the words of eternal life. 70 And we have believed and have known that thou art the Christ, the Son of God. 71 Jesus answered them: Have not I chosen you twelve? And one of you is a devil. 72 Now he meant Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon: for this same was about to betray him, whereas he was one of the twelve.

Just a few points to consider:

1) Jesus tells His followers and listeners that His FLESH is food indeed and His blood is drink indeed.

2) Notice that Jesus made no attempt to soften what he said, no attempt to correct "misunderstandings," for there were none. Our Lord

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  520
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/07/1974

I think I am going to be sick... :P

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  520
  • Birthday:  09/07/1974

Yup....

By the way....I love you and all the other Catholics that are here now.

I hope you will see that we can get along. We all have a love for Jesus.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

I ain't saying a word. It makes me sick as well. Probably for different reasons though.

Angel,

I wish we could have a civil discussion but I don't think it's possible. Not only do you purposely misinterpret the Bible with the sole intent of proving supremecy over non-Catholics, you also misquoted me. I never said the Body & Blood of Jesus was "that"

I said the ridiculous interpretation you have swallowed "is"

Here is your proof-text for transubstantiation;

Mark 14

23 And when He had taken a cup and given thanks, He gave it to them, and they all drank from it.

24 And He said to them, "This is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many.

25 "Truly I say to you, I will never again drink of the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new in the kingdom of God."

Here are some questions for you again;

1. Since when did Jesus blood become fruit of the vine?

2. Are you of the belief that grape juice becomes blood or does His blood become grape juice?

3. Will Jesus drink His own blood when He "drinks it new in the kingdom of God"?

4. How do you explain the overwhelming contradiction against the commandments given to Noah, Moses, and the ORIGINAL church at Jerusalem who ruled AFTER the resurrection of Yeshua that gentiles (and jews) should never ingest blood?

5. Why didn't the Apostles say, "except when performing the ritualistic magic trick of transubstantiation" if that is what they meant?

Any intellectually honest person would admit that the myth of transubstantiation is clearly not possible within the realm of God's will.

But your god is an institution that claims to know better than the Bible...oh yes....we peons can't begin to fathom what simple fisherman and farmers in Israel understood before there were Catholic priests, right?

What a load....

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace , grace to you!

One question and not to be gross? What happens after the body and blood leave your digestive tract and are disposed of?

Does the Spirit flee from you? Are you without Jesus until next Sunday?

Give this some thought? :t2:

Hag

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

One question and not to be gross? What happens after the body and blood leave your digestive tract and are disposed of?

That's a good thought. I always thought communion was supposed to be a rememberance ceremony.................at least that is what the Bible says isn't it?

Isn't the Spirit supposed to be in us at all times?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  511
  • Birthday:  03/08/1975

Jake and GodsLove26, I echo your sentiments.

My tummy actually turned while reading.

Yod....I agree that civil discussion might not be possible. In fact...it more than likely is impossible. It seems to me to be the trend is that as soon as someone disagrees with what a Catholic says....we are labled ignorant....childish...and unable to see the truth. To be fair...we don't react to that in the best of Christian spirit either. We say the same thing to them...they are blind , ignorant and childish. It is a never-ending cycle. I have stopped giving my lend to arguments like this. I will only post small replys to posts I think are God-filled so as to encourage and strengthen my brothers and sisters. I see no love.....and this is something that also sickens me.

Jake....I used to say I don't have a problem with Catholics. And for the most part...I can still say I don't. Most are loving and tolerant of other people. Even if they don't agree. I always thought Catholics were a people defined by great love for humans...I always thought they were mindfull of peoples feelings and was completely unaware that they were quick to label "un"believers as childish and stupid.

I have to admit to everyone that my taste for Catholics have started to go sour. I am prying about this and don't doubt that the Lord will work on me concerning this trial in my life. Until then though...I think it best not to say anything to our Catholic friends here on this forum.

I applaude our moderators for their wisdom and patience. I know if it were me...there would be three people banned....but then again....I am emotional right now...and not thinking with the Spirit given me by our Father. I would ask that my brothers and sisters that read this pray for me. Thank you and everyone.....have a good day....

~a servant in Christ

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  287
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

If I were the moderator I would ban you. You try to sugar-coat all of your hypocritical sentiments that profess hatred for Catholics, yet love for Catholics you don't know or some crap, grow up, nobody wants to hear your take on what you think is going on. Do you think that Catholics don't expect attacks after they leave their parents house? Do you think that they won't realize the purpose of Protestants is to protest the Catholic Church? Why don't you go post about something else?

Douay