• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

A couple of months back, there was a thread on the satanic bible.

I said it was something that should be left alone.

Others argued in favor of reading and studying that book.

I guess my point is....if it's ok to study satan's bible...why is it not ok to dress up and ask for candy?

That thread by the way, can be found in Controversial Issues.

Well this isn't exactly parallel.

It would be... if it's ok to read satans bible in an attempt to understand satanism so that sometime in the future you can wittness to satanists, why is it not ok to dress up and ask for candy in an attempt to understand paganism and possibliy sometime in the future wittness to pagans.

Of course I would not forbid either.

However, I find the study by a strong christian of erroneous beliefs for the purpose of wittnessing or teaching other believers how to wittness to have some value to the body of Christ and possibly to the world at large.

Other than raised glucose levels I can't see any purpose to celebrating halloween.

Other than raised glucose levels I can't see any purpose to celebrating halloween.

My wife simply changes the name of halloween to "fall festival" and that somehow makes it OK. :blink:

I call it "christian halloween" when she does that... ;)

And I feel the same way about Easter.

Why hunt painted eggs and celebrate a day based on the Spring equinox (adopted from paganism) when we have the feasts of Passover, Unleavened Bread, and Firstfruits to celebrate the sacrifice, burial, and resurrection of the Lord?

:)

Like christian halloween, I don't really have a problem with it but there is a better way

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Why don't we chnge the name to "Goofy dressup and get candy day" and then change the date to Oct 30. Then we can leave the 2000 year old pagans to their thing and Christians would no longer have to live in fear of ticking off the ghost hunting demons. :wub:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

November 1 is All Saints Day, when the Church honors all Believers of generations past.

In Old English 'saint' was 'hallow' (or 'holy one'). So the evening the day before 'All Hallows Day' was called "All Hallow's Even" Over the years, it simply came to be pronounced "Halloween."

Prior to Christianity, many pagans in Northern Europe celebrated that day, or around that day, either in honor or out of fear of their dead ancestors. I assume, however none of us will be doing so......

Neewollah is a celebration in Independance Kansas....

go some time and have a good time....parade, rides, like a city fair........

that is right, it is Halloween backwards.....

mike

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

My family (and a couple of friends) and I are going to call one of the local hospitals and see if we can come visit the children who are hospitalized and bring them candy that night. Not sure if it's allowed yet, but we're going to check and see. Just thought it would be a unique way to be a blessing to kids who aren't able to do anything fun while all their friends are trick-or-treating or whatever.

we have done this for easter.... brought home made paper sack baskets with a bit of easter grass and indifidually wrapped candy in it and a note for the kids.... even left some at the nurses station.... did all three hospitals one year.....

mike

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

Why don't we chnge the name to "Goofy dressup and get candy day" and then change the date to Oct 30. Then we can leave the 2000 year old pagans to their thing and Christians would no longer have to live in fear of ticking off the ghost hunting demons. :wub:

You're such a rebel Ger....

My family (and a couple of friends) and I are going to call one of the local hospitals and see if we can come visit the children who are hospitalized and bring them candy that night. Not sure if it's allowed yet, but we're going to check and see. Just thought it would be a unique way to be a blessing to kids who aren't able to do anything fun while all their friends are trick-or-treating or whatever.

we have done this for easter.... brought home made paper sack baskets with a bit of easter grass and indifidually wrapped candy in it and a note for the kids.... even left some at the nurses station.... did all three hospitals one year.....

mike

AWESOME!!!

Now that is the kind of Feast the Lord is pleased with!!!

Isaiah 58:5-7 (New American Standard Bible)

6"Is this not the fast which I choose,

To loosen the bonds of wickedness,

To undo the bands of the yoke,

And to let the oppressed go free

And break every yoke?

7"Is it not to divide your bread with the hungry

And bring the homeless poor into the house;

When you see the naked, to cover him;

And not to hide yourself from your own flesh?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

A friend of mine has in past years, dropped a piece of candy along with a Bible tract into the goody bags of kids who come to his door on halloween.

:wub:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I'd suggest you do a little research into the origins of Halloween, then decide if it's something you want your children to be celebrating.

Doesn't things change? Halloween is mainly known for free candy for childern. Wasn't the Roman Catholics evil people many years ago? They were not men of God, they were greedy and murderous. Nowdays are Roman Catholics the same as they were years ago? Things change.

Yes, things do change. Let me ask you a question. Does the world celebrate Christmas? Or, do the celebrate Santa Clause and Presents? Now, ask yourself this: What do you celebrate on Christmas day? The answer in probably not Santa Clause and Presents, is it?

• Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

I'd suggest you do a little research into the origins of Halloween, then decide if it's something you want your children to be celebrating.

Doesn't things change? Halloween is mainly known for free candy for childern. Wasn't the Roman Catholics evil people many years ago? They were not men of God, they were greedy and murderous. Nowdays are Roman Catholics the same as they were years ago? Things change.

Here's my post about origins :)