Adstar

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  316
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I've been reading little bits and pieces about this comet and was wondering if you have heard anything like this?

Now, lets consider the size of this comet. I had to take a double look when I located the diameter of comet "C/2002 V". It is approximately 176,000 miles across. This is twice the size of Jupiter. Twenty two times the size of Earth. Remember, the size of the last known "planet buster" asteroid 65 million years ago was about 6 miles in diameter. Any celestial orb 1 kilometer or (.6 miles) is considered a great danger to Earth. This would mean even a small particle from the tail of this comet could be devastating.  

I do not believe there is any danger of a near miss, however, there is no doubt in my mind, a celestial orb of this size coming into our solar system will have an effect on ever planet. Just what that will be, no one in the science community really knows.  

This story is only beginning to develop. I believe some of our astronomy colleagues will be coming forward with new information in the coming days. Hmm, nothing like a war to distract a person looking to the sky's. But perhaps this surge of energy we witnessed last Friday will continue. Perhaps an invasion of Iraq can be avoided, while at the same time safety of all countries can be secure. Again, only time will tell how this plays out.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  438
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  12/07/1969

I don't think we Christians need to be worried about the planet being destroyed by a comet.  We know that the earth will be destroyed by fire because 2 Peter 3 tells us so.  However, I don't think it will be destroyed until the rapture occrs, and if God chooses to use a comet there would be nothing we could do to stop it.

As for the war, I don't know if it's avoidable or not, but I do believe that the stage is set and act one has begun.  Ladies and gentlemen, prepare for the end of the end times.  I hope you're prepared for the show.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

:rofl: Could this be wormwood? :???:

No, we don't have to worry about the earth being destroyed by a comet-but I did think about the Revelation to John when he talks about A HUGE MOUNTIAN, ALL ABLAZE falling into the sea and killing one-third of the sea creatures and destroys many ships.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

byHisGrace do you have a link to this information? Could you give it to us please? I have been thinking of the great earthquake foretold in the Book of Revelation, that is will be the biggest one that has ever been experienced in History. Now if this "comet" is the size that you have reported and if it comes anywhere near our planet then the Gravitational affects would cause our planet to warp and thus could literally cause mountains to be thrown into the seas.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

You probably would be better off doing a search for "Comet Neat"

Be careful though, lots of newage junk on it too.  I did find this site, but I don't know how reliable it is http://www.timothy3.com

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  438
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  12/07/1969

One more thing about the original information.  There was no 65 million years ago.  The facts that secular science lays claim to aren't even worthy of serious theory.  In regards to the Bible, it is only fitting that the last ice age we had occurred after the great flood.

Today, secular scientists base their calculations on assumptions that cannot be proved, yet they give credibility as though it were absolute truth.  One instance of this is carbon dating.

Guest okiejack

"""""""Now, lets consider the size of this comet. I had to take a double look when I located the diameter of comet "C/2002 V". It is approximately 176,000 miles across. This is twice the size of Jupiter."""""""""

I think the tail is 176,000 miles long. The comet's nucleus is two or three times the size of earth. It's a big comet. But it will cross the eliptical plane of our solar system close to the orbit of Mars. I doubt that we even pass through it's tail.

Boy, I sure hope not!  Even a fragment would cause major problems.  Here are a couple more links:

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/aste...ecy_030224.html

http://spaceweather.com/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

When is it supposed to come this way?  :rofl: