• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Peace and grace , and mercy to you,

No obscurity. I have plainly told who the gorilla is.

He is anything, or one ,or emotion, or thought, or institution, or prince, or bond, etc...

That seperates you from where Jesus is going!

I would therefore let Christ circumcise the gorilla! His arm is not short.

In Judaism the gorilla was the letter of the law! It would not allow them to see Christ. Even though He was standing right in front of them. In perfect fulfillment of that law and the scriptures they spent many hours interpretting. Interpretting yet not understanding. Who is understanding? Who brings all the Glory of G-d into the light?

To Abraham the gorilla was his very own son. His beloved son! Yet he layed him on the alter. He layed his precious son . The promised heir from G-d Himself on the alter. His very future. For he was very old and had waited a long time for this promise. He layed him there and was prepared to go all the way. He left Gilgal. Because wherever G-d was going was much more important! Sure he might die! Ah' but it was better to die to himself and go where G-d was going.

The Gorilla could be yourself! Who is he to you?

The gorilla to Sampson was himself. Also his very hair. When he returned to G-d and repented of his sin. He regained the strength. Sure he could have stayed in Gilgal and been an instrument of play for the Phillistines. Ah' but the promise was so very much better!

Ec

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peace,

You just in your last post prior to mine painted Christ into a chalk box!

Does Christ need your Church?

Isa

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  251
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/31/1943

BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN JESUS...

I have a dear freind that wrote a book named WHO WILL CROSS THE JORDAN. his name is DOUG STRINGER.

IN his book he ask who will cross the Jordan... Not to look at what is on the other side.... or to worry about what any person ever says only what the LORD LEADS.

To go foward in the LORD no turning back no tuming back. . can we cross the jordan can we....... ARE WE UP TO THE TASK. of servng the LORD

DOING ALL THAT HE ASK US TO DO. not complaining. not worrying about what even our own mother or father says only to serve him.

DO WE HAVE THAT GOAL IN OUR HEARTS.

DO WE HAVE THAT DESIRE IN OUR HEARTS

DO WE...... ARE U SURE THAT YOU DO........

CAN U WALK AWAY FROM YOUR COMFORTABLE HOME AND SERVE HIM

GIVE IT ALL TO THE LORD CAN YOU DO THAT.

It is not about any church or denomination or group of people....

that my friends is not where it is at.....

no church, no denomination, no doctrine of man will get us to crossing the JORDAN......

THE WHOLE ANSWSER IS IN SERVING THE LORD, MAKING THE LORD JESUS TRULY LORD OF OUR LIVES....... NOT THE CHURCH NOT MAN, NOT FAMILY BUT THE LOIRD JESUS.

DAVE , HIT IT RIGHT ON THE NOSE. GET THE GORILLA OUT OF OUR LIVES..... AND ALLOW THE LORD TO BE OUR ALL AND ALL....

MANY TIMES WE GET SO INVOLVED IN OUR OWN SELF AND WHAT WE WOULD WANT OTHERS TO BELIEVE... THAT WE FORGET ABOUT WHAT BOUGHT US TO SALVATION........

AND HOW WE GOT THERE......

I KNOW I DO AT TIMES.

WHEN I FINALLY GOT SAVED I WAS TRULY BORN AGAIN... FROM AN ALCHJOLIC TO A PRIASING BIBLE READING MAN IN ONE SWIFT SAY LORD FORGIVE ME WILL YOU SAVE ME.

I HAD NO CHURCH NO MAN ONLY GOD AND I IN AMOTEL ROOM....

HE IS WHAT SAVED ME...... AND BROUGHT ME OUT OF DEATH IN TO HIS MARVELOUS LIGHT..... AND ONLY HIM KEEPS ME OUT OF THE DARKNESS. AND IN HIS MARVELOUS LIGHT....

DO WE STAND IN HIS LIGHT ALLOF THE TIME .... OUR SINS STOP US BUT

THROUGH ASKING HIM FORGIVENESS WE RETURN TO THE LIGHT.

FRIENDS I PRAY I MAKE SENSE... AND I PRAY THAT YOU CAN UNDERSTAND...

IT IS ALL ABOUT BRING GLORY TO GOD

NOT TO MAN, ONLY TO GOD........... ALLOWING HIM TO GET RID OF OUR GORILLA.

AM I RIGHT BROTHER DAVE.

PEACE AND BLESSINGS ON ALLOF YOU CHRISTIANS

DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO CROSS THE JORDAN???

Guest Angeledei
Does Christ need your Church?

Christ doesn't "need" anything for He is all perfect. Can Christ USE His Church that He established? You bet!!

Does not Christ use others to lead people to Himself? Perhaps it was a person who "witnessed" to you that "led you to Christ". Would you not say that Jesus "used" that person for His glory?

Christ is alive in Holy Mother Church. He uses Holy Mother Church to minister to the faithful.

Common sense would tell you that what comes first is the Church and then her writings. We must not get the cart before the horse. The Jewish Church or Synagogue existed before Moses wrote a single line of the Old Testament and in the like manner the Catholic Church existed before a single line of the New Testament was written. Pentecost Day, the Birthday of Christianity, was not the coming down of the Holy Ghost in the form of a book, for there was no book as Johannes Jorgensen, the famous convert writer of Stockholm, Sweden, declares. The Holy Ghost came down in the form of tongues of fire symbolizing that Christianity was to be spread not through the written but the spoken word. It is reasonable that Divine Providence had the Jewish Synagogue to protect the Old Testament from mutilation and it is logical and reasonable that the Church that gave the Bible to the world should be set up by God to preserve and perpetuate the inspired writings of the New Testament.

The books of the New Testament were scattered around the Mediterranean civilization for 300 years before the writings were gathered up and compiled into one collection. It is a fact of history that the Council of Carthage (397 A. D. ) settled the Canon Table of Contents of the New Testament as we Catholics have them today.

Were the Apostolic traditions part of the Christian faith then? Is it therefore impossible to know the full Christian truth now? Did Christ mean it when He said that He would be with His Church all days till the very end of the world? Or would you suggest that He meant it, but could not accomplish it? He sent the Church to teach all things, yet you say that it is impossible today. Be sure that the Catholic Church has all necessary traditions embodied in her teachings. Within her fold each succeeding generation of Bishops has taught faithful men who have been fit to teach others also. But you refuse to be taught by that Church. You rely upon your own fallible judgment. And as long as you adopt that method you will never be sure, not only of the Christian traditions, but even of the true Christian doctrine to be derived from Scripture itself.

GET THE GORILLA OUT OF OUR LIVES..... AND ALLOW THE LORD TO BE OUR ALL AND ALL....

The only Gorilla that I know of had but one name - Martin Luther.

Blessings to you,

Re

Bless you,

I ask again? In Hope and faith!

What religion was Abraham?

What religion was Adam for that matter?

What is G-d looking for in a man?

Peace,

Dave

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  251
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  10/31/1943

WHY WAS DAVID CALLED

Act 13:22 And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the [son] of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will.

WHY WAS HE SAID TO BE AFTER GOD'S OWN HEART..... MAY I ASK

Guest Angeledei

I shall answer your question and would appreciate you answering mine.

What religion was Abraham?

Abraham was Jewish.

What religion was Adam for that matter?

The Jew exists in two dimensions. On the one hand he is an individual human being with his own individual destiny, but on the other hand he is also an appendage of the Jewish people. In fact, it is the Jewish people as a collective entity that is called Adam by the Torah, not the individual Jew. [see Talmud Yevamot, 61a and Tosefot ibid.] This comes from Rabbi Noson Weisz.

And I ask you this - Did Jesus Christ establish His Church? In case you would like to know

--> Matthew 16:18

Matthew 18:17

If you do not believe Christ estalished a living breathing Church, how do you explain the above vereses?

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

the will of God for our lives, a great big secret, that everyone knows, is that we be obedient to Him.....

that was His will from the very begining, that we be obedient.....

when we start changing things to meet our comfort zone, so that we make believe that we are being obedient, changing things to suite us, then we are no longer being obedient to the Lord....

when we put limits on what we feel God should be able to do, or should not be able to do, we are limiting Gods work in our lives...... we say that He can heal, well, when we limit the ways that we want Him to heal, we get disappointed when we do not see the healings..... we say that God can work miricles thru us, but if we limit what miricles we want to see, we find that God wont step over the bounds that we set,

God is a gentleman ( persea ) we ask for blessings, but yet, do not keep our part of the deal.... we dont approach God unless we are in trouble, we seek Him more when we are in trouble, needing to be bailed out, then when every thing is going smooth again, we slack off, that is when we should be continuing to praise His Name above all others, for He alone is Worthy of our Praise...He alone is worthy of our prayers, He alone is worthy of our worship....

what have you allowed God to do in your life this day?

what have you allowed God to do in your life yesterday?

what are you going to allow God to do in your life tomorrow?

yesterday (literally one day back), God filled our house, God touch my wifes body to free her from some pain, God kept my family safe during their travels....

today, God has granted me some time of rest, God has provided me with work that inturn, provides for the missionaries and food for this family....God has allowed us time to spend with Him, in person, talking to Him in person. and God has continued to show Himself to us....

Tomarrow ( any day after today/future ) God has already seen to it that all our needs have been met ( yes, already )..... God will continue to use us and be with us, as long as we remain obedient to Him.....

Tomarrow, ( litterally, the day after today ), God has granted me enough work, provided me enough work that the house payment is covered ( his house, for it belongs to me not, but to Him ).......

can a house payment be earned in one day??? absolutely, with God anything is possible, and all things are possible......

mike