• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Mercy to you all!

Considering the long dragged out debates we have been having here over doctrine.

I would desire to ask a few questions?

What religion was Abraham?

How was Noah just and perfect in His generation?

Ge

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  511
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/08/1975

GRACE BROTHER!!!!!!!

IT ISN'T WHAT WE HAVE!!!! WHAT WE CAN DO!!!! OR WHAT RELIGION WE ARE!!!!

IT IS LOVING GOD AND WALKING WITH HIM!!!

OH PRAISE YOU, FATHER!! FOR YOUR GRACE ENDURES FOREVER TO ALL GENERATIONS!!! YOUR MERCIES ARE NEW EVERY MORNING!!! YOUR JUDGEMENTS ARE TRUE AND JUST!!! LORD GOD OF HEAVEN AND EARTH!!!

OH PRAISE YOUR NAME ON HIGH ABOVE THE EARTH!!!!

HALLELULIA TO THE LORD OF HEAVEN AND EARTH!!!

got grace?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

IMHO

What religion was Abraham?

None He walked with God. There was no organized religion.

How was Noah just and perfect in His generation?

By Gods Grace.

Wait a minute? What ? There was no Church then. Grace?

God was giving out grace then.

Wait one minute? How on earth did he know the Lord was coming with ten thousands of His Saints?

My guess is God told him. There didn't have to be a church to have prophets. Following God was the way to go (and still is)

How on earth did Sampson regain his strength and kill the Philistines? Was it really his hair?

Gods grace. The hair was just a symbol.

Hey 200 pound gorilla? You got any idea?

Who is the 200???????????? I gotta ask...............now I gave my stupid answers. LOL Can anyone do worse than me?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

I Love you all seriously! In His Love!

Great answers! :cool:

200 pound gorilla?????

Suppose Elijah said to you. Stay in Gilgal I go to Beth-El (house of God). Then the sons of the prophets said "you know your master will leave today from you?"What would you do? Then he said stay here I go to Jericho (fragrant). then the sons of the prophets said"you know your master will leave today from you?" What would you do?

Then he said I go on to Jordan (descender). What would you do? then he ascends to heaven. You go back to the sons of the prophets in Gilgal. It's real nice there . You read, study , pray, sacrifice. Not much else but it's so very nice! It feels like comfort! It makes you all cozy and warm inside! isn't that what the sons of the prophets do? NOT ELIJAH! What would you do?

Would you stay? Or would you do the improbable and leave? Maybe you would whack the Jordan and cross over? Maybe you would raise the widows son? Maybe you would make an axe head float? MAYBE? Maybe you would walk under the Mantle of Elijah? Boldly speaking like John! Making straight the pathways to Righteousness!

Back to the gorilla!

Suppose that there is 3 people in a room?

Jesus Christ, You, and a 200 pound gorilla?

Jesus says to you,

"Am I the desire of your heart?

Will you follow Me?

Do you really Love Me ?"

You say ,

"Yes, Yes, You know I Love you Lord!"

Jesus says,"than who is he?" Then He leaves to cross the Jordan. Right thru the East gate He goes.

Scenario No.#1

You and the gorilla are gonna stay and pray, read, study, sacrifice. You really like eachother! It's kinda nice there. Yeah nice!

Scenario No.#2

You get up to go, but the gorilla is really big and mean! He pushs you back down! He keeps you from Jesus. This you allow.

Sceanrio No.#3

You really don't Love the gorilla more than Jesus. He try's to block you. You call on the Lord and He gives you the power to knock the gorilla on his hairy you know what! After he goes down you spring off his forehead and leap across the Jordan. Imbued with the power of the Lord! You feel insecure and a little scared as you knock on the East Gate! You might die out here. Yet you might die in there as well! The Lord says," SHHHHH! don't be afraid!"

Isn't anyplace Jesus is going so much better?

Who's the gorilla to you? :blink:

Peace,

Dave

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

No one better than Dr. Luke to get everyone back on track!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  520
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  09/07/1974

Let us not forget that the time frame here....Adam (the first man) lived for a long time, as did his descendants.

Before Adam died, Methuselah was born.

Methuselah died the year of the Flood of Noah.

Noah and Methuselah lived during the same years--for over 500 years!

Before Noah died, Abraham was born.

So from Adam to Abraham, there was only 3 generations upon the earth.

Adam was able to tell his great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandson that he walked with God in a perfect garden and there was no sin.

You could learn a WHOLE lot in the 930 years that Adam was alive! And Adam could have been in the Garden of Eden for over 100 years before getting kicked out!

How does this fit into this discussion? Grace!

God surely told Adam enough about his grace that it would pass down to whoever believed in Him.

Guest Angeledei

are you referring to me or my Catholic brothers with the 200 pound Gorilla thing?

Was there an organized religion in the early Church?

YES.

How do you know. Hmmm. Read Sacred Scripture and read the writings of the early Church Fathers. Oh, but no, don't read the writings of the early Church Fathers because that might reveal the Truths found in the Holy Catholic Church.

Judiasm not an established religion? Was not Jesus presented in the temple in obedience to Jewish Law?

Did not the Holy Family travel to Jerusalem in observance of the Law?

I am not sure you are making a point. If you are perhaps come right out and say it instead of using obscurities and "gorilla" anecdotes.

Sheesh - say what you mean.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  287
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Judaism may not have been established until later with Moses I am not too sure.

Douay

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

God gave Moses the law and the commandments. These were the laws by Which God's people were to live and conduct their lives. It was God's sanctification of His people from that which was common in the world. The children of Israel were called Hebrews in Egypt, but were not called "Jews" until much later.

As far as "organized religion" is concerned, there was no religion until the tabernacle was built.

Yet what would you do with those hundreds of years before the tabernacle? God considers faith to be much higher than religion. It is rightly said that God gave Moses the law and the commandments for their sake not for His own. God delights in men of faith, not in men of works alone.

Guest Angeledei

From the little time being on here I think there is a common misconception about Catholics and in what place we uphold what is called "Church".

If I am wrong, I beg forgiveness from the start. I have known non-Catholics who claim that Catholics think because they go to Mass or they lean on Holy Mother Church that they are shoe-ins for heaven. THey erroneously think we look at the Church, without seeing Christ.

For us, the Church is Christ for Christ lives and breaths through Her. Our spirituality comes from the Church, which is Christ. The Catholic Church has an abundance of practices and customs which sole purpose is to bring the Christian closer to Our Lord. So for us, it is not the Institution, but Christ in the Institution called His Church.

The "Church" in and of itself, cannot save and I mean"Church" in the way you all have been applying it to us (the Catholic on board). Christ, through His Church and by the means the "Church" gives to us, is salvation. For Christ is salvation, not the mere man in the "Church".

I am not sure I have explained that well. It's all what is in the heart and soul and yielding our will to be in union with the will of Christ.

I am not sure of the point - I think what you all must be saying is that prior to the "establised" Judaism, that "faith" is all that is needed and not Church. If this is the case - then why did Our Lady and St. Joseph obey the Law and present Jesus in the temple. Surely their faith should have been enough and the "customs" of the time needed not be followed. Or were these customs what brought the Jews closer in harmony with God Almighty?