sport123

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

:noidea: Is it ok to ask God to show you if a certain person you know is your future mate? And how would you know? Is that throwing out a fleece. Also, is it wrong to ask God to bless you physically to be pleasing for them and expect this to happen.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

I think it is always appropriate to ask for God's guidance. I thibk where we get in trouble is when we ignore the less miraculous channels He sometimes uses to give such indications, and the clear statements in scripture that should serve as a starting point for us.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  145
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  07/23/1973

I agree with you, for the most part, there sport123. I do not see anything wrong with asking G-d for a mate or guiding you to the proper time place. Which HE will do regardless. I would like to know when I get there so I can be ready. For what I do not know. But ready none the less.

But the whole pysically pleasing part will take care of itself. Plus why pray for a physically pleasing compatable mate? Worry about the heart and mind. Not the outside. She will be for you to love. And when that time comes, and it will. You will see the most beautifull lady in the face of this Earth.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Just another thought. When I was a teen, I had a whole check list of physical and spiritual qualities I wanted in a mate. Many of the physical qualities included things that teenage boys typically lust after. By the time I got married, I was more concerned with qualities of character and devotion to God. My wife is beautiful, but if she was disfigured tomorrow, the things that attracted me to her would remain.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

:blink: Is it ok to ask God to show you if a certain person you know is your future mate? And how would you know? Is that throwing out a fleece. Also, is it wrong to ask God to bless you physically to be pleasing for them and expect this to happen.

I think you are ok, what is WRONG (for a Christian) is to pursue someone WITHOUT concern for God's leading ! :noidea:

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

:24: Is it ok to ask God to show you if a certain person you know is your future mate? And how would you know? Is that throwing out a fleece. Also, is it wrong to ask God to bless you physically to be pleasing for them and expect this to happen.

God Bless You

I think it is best to ask Him only for what is best for you and leave the rest to Him

And God Bless All His Peoples.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  09/25/1988

:24: Is it ok to ask God to show you if a certain person you know is your future mate? And how would you know? Is that throwing out a fleece. Also, is it wrong to ask God to bless you physically to be pleasing for them and expect this to happen.

I don't think it is wrong to ask God anything, but why ask God for a pleasing physicall appreance? That would only attract the one's who are shallow. Would you really want to spend your life with someone who is shallow? We have our appreances for a reason, He will give you someone, patience is all you need.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Dear Brother,

I have seen some many people both male and female do this. They think they have heard from God and haven't not. One I knew was a man in his late twenties and one day he saw this new young girl (19) at church and was so smitten, he convinced himself that he had heard from God. When she rejected him and later married another man, he was devastated and felt God had let him down. When it was just his hormones going wild over a pretty girl. Please be careful, I have seen some many hearts broken.

Kate :noidea:

:) Is it ok to ask God to show you if a certain person you know is your future mate? And how would you know? Is that throwing out a fleece. Also, is it wrong to ask God to bless you physically to be pleasing for them and expect this to happen.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

I was done with women, did not want one living in my house..... (not saying i did not like them, just was not goiing to marry again.....)

a lady friend of mine, was seeking the Lord (unknown to me, she was trying to fetch me) about me, and the Lord told her, that I was not for her, that He had some one for her and me, but not for each other...

we are still friends, and will be for a long time to come......

I told her that I was not interested, and that i didnt want anyone.... she pressed the issue, knowing that i would..... sheesh, how stuborn can a person be, me mainly..... so, after a fairly lengthy conversation over it, (not just once, but several times) i finally said.... Look, if there is.... IF.... just for arguments sake, here is what will have to be met..... requirements.....

she will have to be some one that will not just follow me as I follow the Lord,

but some one that will walk hand in hand with me as we follow the Lord together......

not some one that will stand back and watch as I do the Lords work,

but some one that will be right beside me as we do the Lords work together.....

also will have to be some one that will allow me to serve them by serving the Lord,

and serve the Lord by serving her.....

and last but not least, not just some one that I can just live with,

but some one i can not live with out.........

pretty tight requirements....

since then, i would have to add, they must go through a trial period.... a period of trials....

they would be scrutinized, on how they treat other people....

how does she treat her mother, her father, her brothers and sisters... does she talk about them behind their back? if she does, you can be assured that she will talk behind your back also.... if not, then move on to next question.....

does she down talk, put down a peoples education, job, family upbringing, does she treat anyone as though she is better then they are??? if she does, she will treat you the same way....

is she uplifting to everyone she meets and then talks about all their problems when they leave? she will be doing the same thing about you also.....

does everything others do seem to be substandard? so is your work then, substandard in her book...

if you can not get some thing right the first time does she blow up? not a good thing....

if some one makes errors, or mistakes, does she keep bringing them up after they have been corrected, or during a disagreement?

is she the only one that knows how to do a task the way it is suppose to be done?

these are actually some abuse warning signs, maybe not red flags (acouple are) but yellow flags, like in soccor, a yellow card is a minor penalty, a red card your out.....

by the way, i did not really think there was a lady around that would meet the requirements i had set above, we have been married now, and yes, very happpily, for about 3 1/2 years.... this does not mean everything has gone as we expected, just that we are happy to be together, the hard times we are both there for each other, one does not bail out just when the going gets a bit rough.... then if it does not go right, blame the other for not doing a good job... we have had times, we have worked through it and grown stronger and closer together.....

just like we are suppose to do with the Lord, not every trial are we suppose to be asking the Lord to lift the burden from our shoulders, but asking the Lord how to get through it.... and become stronger....

seek the Lord first, and when the Lord see's it is time, He will place the right person in your life..... now, when He does, it will be up to you to do your part.... we can not just sit there and wait.....

there is only one thing in the Bible that is given with out any condition, that is Gods Love..... God loves you so much, that He wants the very best for you.... He will allow you to settle for less, but He really wants the best for you.....

mike

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Thanks for all the advice.