• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,692
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1952

Have you ever been attacked by what you felt was a demonic spirit while you were in a sleepy, euphoric state, or while actually sleeping?  A feeling of something/someone trying to smother or choke you, and all you could do verbally or mentally was cry out to JESUS?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Can people be demonic spirits?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  252
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

That happened to me once many many years ago. It was not pretty.

Hey Bob!

I've found that not only did it happen to me, but also my wife.  When she told me about it I'd never told her what had happened to me.

Here's what interesting about it....when I was unsaved I cannot ever recall anything like that happening to me, except for the "falling dream" many of us have had in our youth (some older).

Every since I've given my life to CHRIST, in particularly over the pass several years it has happened to me at least on four separate occasions.  It seems to me the deeper I get into our FATHER's Word and the MORE I understand about the Enemy and his demonic horde my senses are keener.  I'm NOT afraid (2 Timothy 1:7)...just MORE aware.

Guest Sword N Spirit

I have ever had that happen to me, but a friend of mine once told me that it once happened to him almost word for word as what you wrote Wisdom!

Sword:

Two out of the approximately four times this has happened to me I couldn't move!  I could sense everything that was happening and I could feel the signal from my brain to my arm/leg to move, but couldn't.  I mentally cried out to JESUS and was awakened.  I pleaded the blood and went back to sleep.

It wasn't that easy the first two times.  I clearly remember being shaken up, but then after I pleaded the blood a calming peace came over me.  What it has done for me is made my awareness of the spiritual world sound and solidly based on biblical beliefs.  I realize how important it is to be in full armor at all times (Ephesians 6).

Satan wants to attack and kill us at our weakest moments.  Speaking for myself, I believe GOD has allowed me to go through these situations in order for me to see just how real the Enemy is.  Also, to show me the importance of keeping my heart/mind on my LORD 24/7 (Psalm 1:2...121:7).

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Once I had a dream that a demon came to take away my husband...in the dream, my husband could see something coming, but I could not at first, and he didn't say what it was. Then I could see what it was and I knew that it was a demon, although I never got a very clear look at it, and I started praying and I told my husband to pray with me...however just a few seconds into praying my husband looks at me and just says, "I'm sorry...I'm so sorry...I love you..." and the demon rips away his soul. I start shreaking and crying. I woke up terrified, sobbing and my husband woke up and he just held me. I couldn't go back to sleep for a while, so we went and watched tv for a few minutes to try and take my mind off of it.

I don't know if this relates to what you are talking about or not, but it was a terrifying experience... :rofl:  ;)

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  252
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

My experience was only slightly different. I was dreaming that I was laying on the bed I was actually sleeping on. A demon or maybe satan himself showed up and said he was going to take my soul. I became paralyzed and I couldn't move. I swear I could actually feel my soul trying to be pulled out of my body at my feet. I told this demon to get away in the name of Jesus Christ. I repeated this 3 or 4 times then there was this violent explosion that faded to black at the end As I woke up. Some kind of dream.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  455
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Mine was similar to yours Bob.  I was at the ceiling, about 2" from it with my face. Then the darkness was coming for me(a devil), and from the right side of my spiritual vision came the light(Holy Spirit) and the devil left. It was short and that simple, but sooo real. I also was sore in my right side of ny chest(where I think I "came" out), and there was a LOUD buzzing noise going on.

I have some dreams also against evil spirits.

Strange but true.........

Peace and sleep tight, Carl.... :rofl: