cjrose

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Have you heard "Holy, Holy" by Phatfish, Purple through the Fishtank - the original? It's awesome.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/25/1962

Have you heard "Holy, Holy" by Phatfish, Purple through the Fishtank - the original? It's awesome.

No I haven't heard that version; however I do have a version by Keith Green. He is an artist who passed away I believe sometime in the 80's; I was very blessed to find this album (Oh Lord your beautiful). I've hunted for His stuff before, and I couldn't believe it when I found this album on a pile of CD's for like 5.00

Almost every song on this CD is focused on worshiping the Lord, and Keith was not afraid to say the name Jesus, and Lord, like some of the Newer watered down stuff.

it's kinda sad, when I listen to what is suppose to be Christian music, and then hear it at a shopping mall, and there is no threat of anyone getting coverted from it.

cause you can't tell whether the artists are singing about Jesus or their boyfriend.

Spiritman

• Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/25/1962

Rose; I want to share something I do, when I feel down, and depression sets in. I put on my favorite Christian music, music that praises the Lord, and I begin praising Him along with the music, and within a couple of days, everything looks different.

I hope this will help you.

Your brother in Christ

Spiritman

That's a really good idea! I love music and it speaks to me so much!! I have lots of songs of encouragement that help lift me up whenever I am down. One of my favorites of late is "Voice of Truth" sung by Casting Crowns. It always speaks to me, no matter how many times I have heard it.

enter His gates with thanksgiving, enter His courts with praise....Amen.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,580
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Birthday:  04/13/1960

Rose; I want to share something I do, when I feel down, and depression sets in. I put on my favorite Christian music, music that praises the Lord, and I begin praising Him along with the music, and within a couple of days, everything looks different.

I hope this will help you.

Your brother in Christ

Spiritman

That's a really good idea! I love music and it speaks to me so much!! I have lots of songs of encouragement that help lift me up whenever I am down. One of my favorites of late is "Voice of Truth" sung by Casting Crowns. It always speaks to me, no matter how many times I have heard it.

enter His gates with thanksgiving, enter His courts with praise....Amen.

So right, worship music that is really spiritual does lift me up. Worthy, Worthy, Worthy, Holy, Holy, Holy, sometimes I like it soft and light and other times I enjoy some slightly heavier stuff. When I was born again, I used to listen to Andre Crouch. He got me going and a few others some of you probably don't know about like Kelly Williard and the wonderful singer musician who is blind and his name escapes me at the moment. But you are right, spiritual music is joyful. I am doing so much better now though as the Lord has taught me a lesson through all of this. At least I accept them as lessons and I learn from my struggles and I will share in a more appropriate thread. :emot-fail:

I dont know if I should put this in this thread or not, but I had a terrible nightmare last night.

In this dream I was a zombie and I was out of my mind and eating a corpse. I remember it like a personal experience, just like any other memory almost. I don't know how long this went on before somehow something in me realized it wasn't right and cried out for Jesus to help me, and then the dream ended.

That is horrible but even in your sub concious you knew the Lord was with you and all you had to do was cry out His name and He responded. Amen! Try and forget the dream though and just remember that the Lord is always there for us in our time of need. :emot-fail:

I had a dream the other night that I actually fell from a cliff onto the sand and died and there was the most beautiful light. Now, I've had so many dreams, all vivid color, all seemingly so real but this was different and soothing. Not sure what to make of it? A sign? Do I want to go to be with the Lord so badly I would fall from a cliff? I'm perplexed by this. :emot-fail:

Here is my opinion. You have been hurting inside lately, and desiring a way of escape. In the dream, you die and then encounter the type of thing you hear others claim they have gone through during a near death experience. I don't think it is a sign as much as it is a deception. I don't doubt you would like to be with the Lord and experience peace and joy, but God has placed us all here for a reason, and it is up to him to decide how long our pilgrimage is to last. There are lessons he wants us to learn, and things he desires for us to do in this life, and when the time is right according to his wisdom, he takes us home.

I know life can be hard. I have been through my share of trials and tribulations as well, but things are never as bad as they seem. Psalm 30:5b "weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning." I know I am not telling you anything you don't already know with this scripture, but I am always comforted by Romans 8:28 which says, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Whenever I am going through hard times, and don't understand the reason why, I always take comfort in the fact that I know that God will take that trial and turn things around for my good if I will keep my trust in him. Isaiah 26:3 says, "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee." Just keep trusting in God, and he will see you through.

I know that some dreams have meanings and especially those like the one I described and I agree with you J about my emotions and the connection and the possible deception. Perhaps I learned that I am to shed a part of me that is not so good that I want to be gone as if in death but not truly physically die. But it is so rare that I ever have disturbing dreams that this one kind of stuck with me but I haven't been dwelling on it as much as my situation with my sister which the Lord has given me some knowledge to relieve the burden of sadness over it. As I said, I will share all that He has been revealing to me through this difficult time and it has allowed me to grow even more. God is so Great! :21:

This is not a good dream. It is not a sign. It should cause you concern. Yes, there is a way to tell what is prophecy, from God, from Satan, from yourself, visions.

I agree it was not a good dream but I am now looking at it in a positive light as I stated in another post, I need to shed or let die the part of me that is not of God so I can be more obedient and still be with Him in Heaven here on earth with my family and those that love me who would mourn. I have given it to God and am no longer burdened with it any longer.

But your statement is rather vague. Why should it cause me concern and how do you tell what is prohpecy from God, from satan, from myself? Could you explain what you mean by that?

I'm not doing well at the moment and it's not just because of my sister. My heart is heavy as if bursting with sadness and feel like I can't pick myself up and live life. I know some of you may be shocked but maybe I really do just want to die.

cjrose,

I know how you feel - been there many times. I know this is going to sound trite, but it was because I did not understand the Sovereignty of God. I did not understand that all things that happen in my life happen for a purpose. It does not mean I did not grieve or that we should not grieve - I did and we should, and I am so sorry that you are going through this. Jesus was wounded not only for our transgressions and bruised for our iniquities, but by His stripes we are healed!! That means emotionally, too! He is right there with you. None of this has taken him by surprise. Cry it out to him and allow his loving arms to hold you close and yield to His Sovereign will for your life, because there, and only there will you find true peace in your heart in this situation. I know. I spent many years not understanding this and I struggled so. I thought God was somehow limited by my circumstances or by other people, but he's not! All things are possible with God!! He is in all and over all and through all and all things exist because of him and have their being and you are beautifully and wonderfully made by God and his works are wonderful, I know that full well. Your frame was not hidden from him... he knit you together in the womb of your mother and all the days ordained for you were written in His book before one of them came to being. He has a plan for your life, so DON'T GIVE UP! NEVER!! He loves you so very much!!!!!!!!!

((((((((((((((((Sue))))))))))))))) Thank you sister :emot-fail:

I'm not doing well at the moment and it's not just because of my sister. My heart is heavy as if bursting with sadness and feel like I can't pick myself up and live life. I know some of you may be shocked but maybe I really do just want to die.
Dearest sister, your pinnacle highs and death valley lows are frequent and alarming quite honestly. Taking nothing away from the healing power of the Lord, have you considered being checked for bi-polar disorder? I lost a dear friend who exhibited this same heartbreaking behavior and refused to seek help for it.

Or at the least possibly check with a trusted physician to see if some sort of possible chemical imbalance needs medicating?

It seems you are always looking for help from everyone in "talking you off the ledge".

I'd much rather get you to close the window quite honestly sister and stay off the ledge !!! :P

Love to you,

Your S.D. :21:

-C-

Dearest brother, I know I still get the highs and the lows but in the past months, I've been growing so strong in the Lord that the lows don't get so low and are not as frequent because I am listening to Him and learning every day to be more obedient and I am on medication but sometimes events, circumstances or situations affect me that I am actually thankful that I can still "feel" sadness as well as laughter. Some medications don't allow you to feel anything at all but numb. And honestly I want to feel my emotions and the depression is just a disorder, not bi-polar as I see a doctor every few months to check in and make adjustments as needed. My birth mother was so emotionally handicapped that she couldn't take care of me and yet knew enough that she did not want to relinquish me until I was nearly 2 years old. I am sure it pained her to let me go knowing that she wouldn't sign the papers until she realized she couldn't take care of me. I believe I may have inherited some chemical imbalance and there are so many people that do have nuerological disorders that don't get taken care of when there is help.

I love you so dearly, S.D. for your fellowship and concern but I am also being healed by the Lord and His Spirit and the teachings and messages I've been getting these past months that I am amazed and excited if you can believe that. Even through those depressive stages, I know there is a message for me and there was. I will reveal just a hint here and now but He let me feel and cry because I hadn't cried in so long I needed to release and then He said "enough, now get up and clean house, get rid of clutter, fill up bags of garbage and toss it, get rid of useless things" basically, CLEAN HOUSE inside and out and I felt cleansed and unburdened and another one of His divine lessons. I know what to do now. The Holy Spirit guides me to remedy this situation with my sister. In every storm, I now see a reason and a purpose and that gives me strength.

I am so sorry about your friend who refused to get help because we often do need medication to balance our chemical imbalances. It is vital. But honestly, God has been healing me as well, I know this because of the evidence and work He is doing in my life.

I cherish you so much S.D. God Bless you always, bro! :emot-fail::21:

Cj

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

Dearest sister, your pinnacle highs and death valley lows are frequent and alarming quite honestly. Taking nothing away from the healing power of the Lord, have you considered being checked for bi-polar disorder? I lost a dear friend who exhibited this same heartbreaking behavior and refused to seek help for it.

Or at the least possibly check with a trusted physician to see if some sort of possible chemical imbalance needs medicating?

It seems you are always looking for help from everyone in "talking you off the ledge".

I'd much rather get you to close the window quite honestly sister and stay off the ledge !!! :)

Love to you,

Your S.D. :mgqueen:

-C-

Dearest brother, I know I still get the highs and the lows but in the past months, I've been growing so strong in the Lord that the lows don't get so low and are not as frequent because I am listening to Him and learning every day to be more obedient and I am on medication but sometimes events, circumstances or situations affect me that I am actually thankful that I can still "feel" sadness as well as laughter. Some medications don't allow you to feel anything at all but numb. And honestly I want to feel my emotions and the depression is just a disorder, not bi-polar as I see a doctor every few months to check in and make adjustments as needed. My birth mother was so emotionally handicapped that she couldn't take care of me and yet knew enough that she did not want to relinquish me until I was nearly 2 years old. I am sure it pained her to let me go knowing that she wouldn't sign the papers until she realized she couldn't take care of me. I believe I may have inherited some chemical imbalance and there are so many people that do have nuerological disorders that don't get taken care of when there is help.

I love you so dearly, S.D. for your fellowship and concern but I am also being healed by the Lord and His Spirit and the teachings and messages I've been getting these past months that I am amazed and excited if you can believe that. Even through those depressive stages, I know there is a message for me and there was. I will reveal just a hint here and now but He let me feel and cry because I hadn't cried in so long I needed to release and then He said "enough, now get up and clean house, get rid of clutter, fill up bags of garbage and toss it, get rid of useless things" basically, CLEAN HOUSE inside and out and I felt cleansed and unburdened and another one of His divine lessons. I know what to do now. The Holy Spirit guides me to remedy this situation with my sister. In every storm, I now see a reason and a purpose and that gives me strength.

I am so sorry about your friend who refused to get help because we often do need medication to balance our chemical imbalances. It is vital. But honestly, God has been healing me as well, I know this because of the evidence and work He is doing in my life.

I cherish you so much S.D. God Bless you always, bro! :):wub:

Cj

Praise God. Those low times drive us to Jesus don't they Claudia-I know they do me. even in the middle of it, I find Jesus is so sweet. As long as we abide in Jesus-he will lead us, even if by the doctor or by the bible. And according to his word- He says we are healed and we can walk in that. Claudia, you prayed for me and the prayer that reached to heaven was such a blessing that it could only come back on you and bless you. Or at least thats what my prayer is!! Be encouraged and thanks for the encouragement. We know our source!!

blessings

candi