• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,580
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/13/1960

I often have dreams of my husband trying to kill me. Does anyone here know how to interpret dreams?????

Before I go to sleep, I always take pray, and take authority over all demons of the night, bad dreams, nightmares, and sex dreams, and anyone or anything trying to get inot my dreams and command them to stay away. I ask for giant warrior angels to protect me and my family as I sleep through the night.

I might suggest you share your dreams with him. Maybe there are issues that need to be worked out between you. Do you share the faith? Married long? Is he a Christian? Has he ever made an attempt to abuse you? There is a reason and perhaps it is a hidden resentment you might be holding onto that needs to be let go. Our subconcious sometimes reveals our emotions through dreams that in my opinion, help us to be aware or to search within what it is and sometimes it's nothing. I'd talk to him, get some comfort from him of his love for you.

We got saved together, but he has back slidden. He drinks often, but on the weekends it's terrible. He has abused me before. We have been married 1 year and 4 months. We have been in a relationship for 8 years. I've talked with him about it before and he just says, I wouldn't hurt you, but he does hurt me. He tried to choke me in front of my kids. I left him for a week and went back, because I feel obligated to make this work because we are married and when he starts to get in his rages, I just pray, and most of the time he will continue to yell, but eventually he will stop. I am afraid of him.

If he physically assualted you, you have a right to leave him and get him help. Yes, pray, continue to pray but if you believe you are in serious danger, for your childrens sake, leave him and perhaps he'll wake up. If he is truly saved, the Holy Spirit will convict him to change his behavior and seek help. Bless your heart.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

Greetings CJ Rose,

It was just a dream, don't make anything of it.

Blessings, H.

1 week or so before 911 I had the strangest dream and even called my brethren-law to discuss this with him. We both laughed and went on about our business!

This is it!

I woke up in my dream even though I was sleeping. I stood by a very high mountain as I looked up I saw many people looking down! I was a distance away as I looked at the mountain and people. All at once the mountain collapsed with the people on it. I ran to see if I could help them and noticed that all the rocks had shinny bolts through them and the rocks were crushing the people with bolts in them. I was so shook up I woke and that's how I remember this dream and it was in color. I called my brethren-law the day after 911 and we were both in amassment! If I had only known what this dream meant! It still bothers me to this day.

• 2 weeks later...

The Lord is constantly trying to get our attention, and I believe he certainly gives us dreams concerning events of this magnitude.

I also believe that the Lord sends us messeges. I know He has been giving them to me in many ways in such rapid fire that I want to share with everyone but they come so fast it is hard to keep up. Dreams can be one way to communicate with us as answer to prayer or something that we need guidance about certain issues that may weigh heavy on our mind. It is often difficult to interpret and on the other hand our emotions and events at a particular time in our life can emphasize what dreams we remember and which ones we don't. As a Christian, I attribute everything to the Lord and believe there is a message there somewhere.

In all my dreams though, there is water, sometimes large bodies of water, sometimes small streams, and water has to do with emotions but always it is calming even though I may be going through a difficult time. I read somewhere that if you are uncomfortable in your dreams and there is water, you may feel out of control in your life. But it is always soothing for me and these are the mysteries of God's messages that we may not understand at the time but may hit us later as it may relate to something and we already have the answer as God prepared us.

As far as visions or prophetic dreams, I believe some are gifted but I do think there is a message in every dream you seem to remember vividly.

Now, this one does not make any sense but I had a vivid dream about cake, the frosting, the taste, how pleasant it was. We dream all the time but only remember some and some we can barely remember details, but cake? Why can't I get this dream out of my head? It seems silly now, but maybe later it will have meaning. :whistling:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/25/1962

The Lord is constantly trying to get our attention, and I believe he certainly gives us dreams concerning events of this magnitude.

I also believe that the Lord sends us messeges. I know He has been giving them to me in many ways in such rapid fire that I want to share with everyone but they come so fast it is hard to keep up. Dreams can be one way to communicate with us as answer to prayer or something that we need guidance about certain issues that may weigh heavy on our mind. It is often difficult to interpret and on the other hand our emotions and events at a particular time in our life can emphasize what dreams we remember and which ones we don't. As a Christian, I attribute everything to the Lord and believe there is a message there somewhere.

In all my dreams though, there is water, sometimes large bodies of water, sometimes small streams, and water has to do with emotions but always it is calming even though I may be going through a difficult time. I read somewhere that if you are uncomfortable in your dreams and there is water, you may feel out of control in your life. But it is always soothing for me and these are the mysteries of God's messages that we may not understand at the time but may hit us later as it may relate to something and we already have the answer as God prepared us.

As far as visions or prophetic dreams, I believe some are gifted but I do think there is a message in every dream you seem to remember vividly.

Now, this one does not make any sense but I had a vivid dream about cake, the frosting, the taste, how pleasant it was. We dream all the time but only remember some and some we can barely remember details, but cake? Why can't I get this dream out of my head? It seems silly now, but maybe later it will have meaning. :D

Hey cj. Just curious; it wasn't wedding cake was it?

Now, this one does not make any sense but I had a vivid dream about cake, the frosting, the taste, how pleasant it was. We dream all the time but only remember some and some we can barely remember details, but cake? Why can't I get this dream out of my head? It seems silly now, but maybe later it will have meaning. :wub:

Hey cj. Just curious; it wasn't wedding cake was it?

Not that I recall. The main focus was the cake itself. It was white and I kept dipping my finger into the frosting it was so good I could almost taste it. It occured to me just reading it again that I have given up all sweets to help the weight lose or maintaing it so maybe I was just craving sweets subconciously that this huge cake was there to eat but I never did eat it, I just relished in the frosting :D

• Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

Not that I recall. The main focus was the cake itself. It was white and I kept dipping my finger into the frosting it was so good I could almost taste it. It occured to me just reading it again that I have given up all sweets to help the weight lose or maintaing it so maybe I was just craving sweets subconciously that this huge cake was there to eat but I never did eat it, I just relished in the frosting :wub:

Just a thought, but WHITE is also symbolic for purity, so perhaps this was a message from God that dipping your finger in His righteousness is Sooooooo good and that you will want to keep dipping!!

Now, this one does not make any sense but I had a vivid dream about cake, the frosting, the taste, how pleasant it was. We dream all the time but only remember some and some we can barely remember details, but cake? Why can't I get this dream out of my head? It seems silly now, but maybe later it will have meaning. :wub:

Cjrose,

Why do you assume the water has to do with emotions? Scripturally speaking, water is associated with baptism, which symbolizes the washing of rebirth in Christ, and it is also associated with the Holy Spirit, who is the one who cleanses us and gives us New Birth. I think we should see the water as the comfort of the Holy Spirit if comfort is to be implied by the dream, rather than the comfort of our own emotions. Water can also symbolize judgment, such as in the flood of Noah's time. The Psalms often talk about water in reference to some kind of judgment, such as when God drowned the Egyptians. I would think that the rest of the dream would help you to determine the meaning of the water, whether it is for comfort, judgment, leading of the Holy Spirit, filling of the Spirit, walking in the Spirit, etc.

Not that I recall. The main focus was the cake itself. It was white and I kept dipping my finger into the frosting it was so good I could almost taste it. It occured to me just reading it again that I have given up all sweets to help the weight lose or maintaing it so maybe I was just craving sweets subconciously that this huge cake was there to eat but I never did eat it, I just relished in the frosting :wub:

Just a thought, but WHITE is also symbolic for purity, so perhaps this was a message from God that dipping your finger in His righteousness is Sooooooo good and that you will want to keep dipping!!

What a new perspective Sue!! Love it!! This is one of those replies that will stick with me forever!! You're awesome :thumbsup:

Now, this one does not make any sense but I had a vivid dream about cake, the frosting, the taste, how pleasant it was. We dream all the time but only remember some and some we can barely remember details, but cake? Why can't I get this dream out of my head? It seems silly now, but maybe later it will have meaning. :thumbsup:

Cjrose,

Why do you assume the water has to do with emotions? Scripturally speaking, water is associated with baptism, which symbolizes the washing of rebirth in Christ, and it is also associated with the Holy Spirit, who is the one who cleanses us and gives us New Birth. I think we should see the water as the comfort of the Holy Spirit if comfort is to be implied by the dream, rather than the comfort of our own emotions. Water can also symbolize judgment, such as in the flood of Noah's time. The Psalms often talk about water in reference to some kind of judgment, such as when God drowned the Egyptians. I would think that the rest of the dream would help you to determine the meaning of the water, whether it is for comfort, judgment, leading of the Holy Spirit, filling of the Spirit, walking in the Spirit, etc.

Even though the water is soothing and never disturbing you are correct and I agree that it does symbolize out re-birth in baptism and it was a glorius time. But even before that as a child, water was significant. I also just read the judgement of the flood but it's usually not a dream that implies judgement but almost as if I need to be comforted by it, because God knows more about me than I do myself and allows these avenues to comfort me during times of emotional turmoil. But as I grow in my walk with the Lord, emotions are something I am learning to control and live in the peace and joy which are gifts. But as we are human, we will be emotional at times. It's these times I believe He is with me not away from me. Building me, strengthening me, teaching me perserverance. He knows what I need even if I do not understand it at the time. My Faith never falters. I love you view on things and thank you for that:)

Now, this one does not make any sense but I had a vivid dream about cake, the frosting, the taste, how pleasant it was. We dream all the time but only remember some and some we can barely remember details, but cake? Why can't I get this dream out of my head? It seems silly now, but maybe later it will have meaning. :emot-hug:

Cjrose,

Even though the water is soothing and never disturbing you are correct and I agree that it does symbolize out re-birth in baptism and it was a glorius time. But even before that as a child, water was significant. I also just read the judgement of the flood but it's usually not a dream that implies judgement but almost as if I need to be comforted by it, because God knows more about me than I do myself and allows these avenues to comfort me during times of emotional turmoil. But as I grow in my walk with the Lord, emotions are something I am learning to control and live in the peace and joy which are gifts. But as we are human, we will be emotional at times. It's these times I believe He is with me not away from me. Building me, strengthening me, teaching me perserverance. He knows what I need even if I do not understand it at the time. My Faith never falters. I love you view on things and thank you for that:)

You are welcome! And, thanks for sharing your thoughts, too. They were interesting and from a different perspective than what I was thinking. You know how God speaks to you, so you should know best what he is saying and what the water means to you. God bless!