IGNORED

Is it ok to look forward to the Apocalypse?

heartofstone

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Hi, I'm still new here but this question has been on my mind for a while, and I've wanted to ask it since I signed on here. I hope it's ok. I did a check to see if this has been brought up before, thinking that it must have, at least in some other form, but the search didn't turn up anything. I guess if it's a repeat, it can be closed by mods or so.

Anyway, when I started reading the Left Behind book series, some Christians I knew warned me about them, I suppose because there is controversy over the doctrine, whether or not Chrisitans will be raptured before the Tribulation, but lately I've not been able to shake off the confusion if my excitement about the return of Christ was simply not accepted by others because they don't look forward to the coming apocalypse, or perhaps there is something inherently wrong with looking forward to it? I have to go and check for the verse, but I was sure that Jesus himself said something about keeping watch for His return. Are we not supposed to take that literally? I don't see how it matters whether one believes Christians will have to endure the Trib just like non-believers or not, but that it matters that it could be imminent, Jesus' return that is. I don't see what is so wrong with wanting Him to come back. It hasn't affected my love for Him or my study of the Bible, and I dont see it as some kind of doctrine that's going to sway me from the true teaching of the Bible. Aren't we all looking forward to the day when we can be with Christ and no longer have to take part in this world without Him? We may have many many brothers and sisters in Christ, but this isn't a world that loves God or the Bible, so I have no love for the world. I don't want to care so much about it that I hope that God's coming back won't be for a long time. I don't think that's the correct way to understand things. God wouldn't want me or anyone to love the earth or our lives before Him, right?

Anyway, I'm probably only pouring out incoherent ramblings, but I hope to hear from anyone about this. I feel like I"ve personally accumulated enough understanding from what I"ve read in the Bible to let myself believe it's ok to look forward to His coming. For one thing, I can't wait til the judgments come, because then who can deny that Jesus Christ is Lord? and that there is indeed a God as shown in the Bible?

I apologize for any silliness or lack of decent articulation or expression in my post.

Edited by heartofstone

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  01/22/1965

Hi and welcome, there is nothing wrong with living in joyful expectation of the Lord's return. Anyone who tells you that there is you should be wary of. Now if you believe that there is one definitive answer to eschatology, there in lies the problem. The end times sequence is not a topic that is agreed on by the church. Just trust God that He will make known to you any wisdom that He feels you need, and live your life as if Jesus was coming back today, and all will be well. :thumbs_down:

Thanks, truster and Prodigalson123. I appreciate the response and encouragement. I won't curb my enthusiasm but still look forward to His coming. :th_frusty:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

Nothing wrong with waiting on the return of our savior, but while there is time we all have a job to do. It's harvest time- get the tools and lets get out there.

Many will be lost with no hope, we must allow the Holy Spirit to use us in His timing to win souls for the kingdom.

Thanks, Candi. That might have been what others' opinion on the rapture and Second Coming were about. It's better of course to be concerned about bringing others to Christ, and not pushing them away, but meh, I really still can't really help but hope for his return, soon.