• Group:  Soapbox - Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/11/1932

Kabowd, I have not read those books but it sounds, from what you post, that I would agree with much they say.

Floatingaxe, are you Catholic? I don

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one can say for certain what the appearance of our transformation will be, but that we will bear the image of Christ, who is the image of the Father.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Kabowd, I have not read those books but it sounds, from what you post, that I would agree with much they say.

Floatingaxe, are you Catholic? I don

I suppose. Those who are in heaven with Christ now are only there in spirit. They do not have their glorified bodies yet. They will get them when the dead in Christ rise---new and glorious! Then we who are alive will follow! Then shall we ever be with the Lord---just like Him---which includes the Millennial Reign and also forever after in heaven.

Why in heaven (pun) would you think I was Catholic? Why would you think that I would suggest the Millennial Reign was anywhere else but on Earth? It is plainly scriptural. I don't go around taking bits of this and bits of that and make it my belief. I go by the Word.

I thought that because of your statement, "...which includes the Millennial Reign and also forever after in heaven."

"...and also Forever after in heaven." Can you blame me for thinking that? From that I assumed Roman Catholic. Sorry.

I don't go around taking bits of this and bits of that and make it my belief. I go by the Word.

I have just purchased Randy Alcorn's book.

What does Randy's book say about heaven that the bible doesn't?

I suppose. Those who are in heaven with Christ now are only there in spirit. They do not have their glorified bodies yet. They will get them when the dead in Christ rise---new and glorious! Then we who are alive will follow! Then shall we ever be with the Lord---just like Him---which includes the Millennial Reign and also forever after in heaven.

Why in heaven (pun) would you think I was Catholic? Why would you think that I would suggest the Millennial Reign was anywhere else but on Earth? It is plainly scriptural. I don't go around taking bits of this and bits of that and make it my belief. I go by the Word.

I thought that because of your statement, "...which includes the Millennial Reign and also forever after in heaven."

"...and also Forever after in heaven." Can you blame me for thinking that? From that I assumed Roman Catholic. Sorry.

Forever after the earthly Millennial Reign, we will be living where God is...I am presuming that is Heaven. The Kingdom of Heaven. It may be here, or it may be elsewhere--but it is Heaven, just the same. I know the Word talks about the Kingdom of Heaven coming down to hover over the Earth. Who knows what plans He has for us for aeons?

Act 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Zec 14:8 And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.

Zec 14:9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

Zec 14:16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Isa 66:20 And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the LORD out of all nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, saith the LORD, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the LORD.

Isa 66:21 And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the LORD.

Isa 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.

Isa 66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

Why not allow Holy Scripture to answer the query & thus settle the matter? 1 Corinthians 15:49b states: "We shall also bear the image of the heavenly." Plus Philippians 3:21: "Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto His glorious Body." Jesus, of course, is seen in action in John, Chapter 21 IN HIS NEW RESURRECTION (soma) BODY!!

It Was A Recognizable Body! John 20:16;

It will possess new Powers of Locomotion - it could move from one place to another in a moment of time! Luke 24:31; Acts 1:9; John 20:19;

It shall not require sustenance! Rev. 7:16; Luke 24:42;

It will be fashioned like unto His glorious Body! Philippians 3:20,21.

It will be a strong body as opposed to a weak one! 1 Corinthians 15:43b.

Thank You, Lord Jesus, for revealing this important matter to us in Your settled Word of Truth.

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

Amen, brothers! :whistling:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Rev.21 does not say or suggest that man goes up to heaven but rather that God comes down.

We do not need books written by men to find the truth, God should be the first we believe - it is honouring the first Commandment.