Douay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

hold as proof of my claim that this topic was only being used to stifle the other by the response to it here, and the fact that no (except for Dr. Luke's) new posts on this topic have been made in the other thread since I made it clear that I had made a thread for this discussion

You are stuck too high on yourself,

maybe poeple have not left any new posts, are because they are tired of getting no where. or know the truth about their Salvation. maybe the Lord told them to lay off the arguing and try to bring peace or be peaceful.

just cause some one has not done something since you have, does not mean that YOU are the reason that things quieted down. it goes way beyond YOU. it goes way beyong ME.......

Jesus is the Reason.... not Prots, Not Cats, not any denomination or religion, not tradition, not redundant prayers, canned prayers......

What God wants is a personal relationship, not religion.

God wants us to be with Him, not off doing our own thing. God dont want us doing the things of this world, God wants us with Him, doing the things of God....

arguing about and over His word is not right.

this whole thing is about God, God is the center of the wheel, and we have many paths ( spokes ) going from the outer wheel to the inner wheel (where God is )....

the path that is set before me is not the path set before you..... each of us have our own path that God wants us on.....

God does not want another me, one of me is more than enough..... God does not want you to be me, God wants you to be you..... so the path I am on, is being directed by God... God is guiding this life, I had control of it long enough, and really messed things up.... God has control of it and is doing things beyond anything I had ever imagined....... I will not venture from this path, and I would advise everyone, to get on the path that God has set before them, and work with God, do Gods work, follow God, seek God.....

as on a bicycle wheel, the spokes cross paths from time to time, so may our paths cross, this dont mean we are suppose to change directions, this dont mean we are on the wrong path.......

if a person earnestly seeks God, they will know the truth about God, and Gods Will...... what God wants us to do...

each of us, when we accepted Christ Jesus as our Savior, and Lord, were given gifts, none of us have all the gifts. to use thses gifts, we must develope them, they are not the same as talents, for talents are learned, but gifts are something totally different.....

and I do not believe that any of them gifts include arguing. they are however suppose to be used to edify the church ( not a religious sect ) but the church, and to exalt the Lord. there are people that do misuse and abuse the gifts, even the gift of ministry, service, evangelism, shepherding, leadership........and soforth.

we each are important to the Kingdom of God each has our place, each our job, not every one is a hand, but yet, we are still in the Body, not every one is a foot, but we are of the same body, the foot can not say to the hand that because you do not support the body you are of no use, and should be cast away, no, and the hand can not say to the foot, because you do not feed the body you are useless, begone.... No..... we are the body.....

the question is,

if we are the Body, then why are His hands not healing? and His arms not Reaching?

WHY????

why is it the number of believers (world wide ) is increasing, but the local congregations are shrinking ( in the USA? ) why is it that we see so few miricles in the Uniteds States? yes, there are plenty to see, but so few in number...... we should be seeing them each and every day, each and every one of us.... there are enough believers that God should be shining in the USA as no other country has ever shined..... We have the Freedoms that very ffew other places in this world have, and we are lacking in our faithfulness.......

We were given many talents, not just the one, and what have we done with them???? we have burried them in the back yard..... now when the Master comes and askes us what we have done with those many talents, and we show Him what we have, which will be fewer then what we started with, for we will have lost some that we burried, He Will Not Be Happy...... and the end result will be us begging for mercy...as the Master delivers judgement upon us.....

If We Are The Body, why are we not doing our part?

why? we are too busy arguing over who is right, and who is right...... or who is wrong against who is wrong....

mike

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

I have but one High Priest. His name is Jesus Christ! I need no other.

Me too. I might listen to the teachings of others but only if it's based on the scriptures do I believe it. And even then, as we all know, the scriptures are subject to interpretation.

And as far as those teachers go: "ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God". They will make mistakes.

I guess the Catholic church's bible must read "All but the Pope and future popes have sinned".

Does it say that?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  287
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I have but one High Priest. His name is Jesus Christ! I need no other.

Me too. I might listen to the teachings of others but only if it's based on the scriptures do I believe it. And even then, as we all know, the scriptures are subject to interpretation.

And as far as those teachers go: "ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God". They will make mistakes.

I guess the Catholic church's bible must read "All but the Pope and future popes have sinned".

Does it say that?

The people around here have a list of their favorite questions to ask Catholics which are typically insulting in some way and are usually from an entirely fallacious assumption.

• Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Okay, so the pope is fallable? Is that what you're saying?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

Jesus Christ is my high Priest.

I call no one Father but God

I confess my sins to God not a man and God forgives me without question and I have to do nothing for forgiveness. Jesus told me I could go to God.

I pray To God through Jesus Christ. I ask for what I need pray for my friends and ask for forgiveness of my sins.

I praise God lifting up holy hands to Him

I take communion to remember Jesus as He told us to

I praise and worship God freely and spontaniously.

And I can back up every bit of what I do with scripture..........can you?? :o

• 6 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  557
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  09/21/1976

We are said as believers to be priest, that is one of the many titles which we are given, that is probably why.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  624

So they could have Lawsuits :rolleyes:

You know the truth about the different things many different denominations are called is that they who receive the Bible, all those different names come from The Bible, explaining who we are, and we follow Christ, that is in the literal meanings.

• Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  997
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

"And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel." Exodus 19:6:

" But ye shall be named the Priests of the LORD: men shall call you the Ministers of our God: ye shall eat the riches of the Gentiles, and in their glory shall ye boast yourselves" Is. 61:6

"And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the LORD." Is. 66:21

" Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the STRANGERS(emphasis mine) scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,..." 1 Peter 1:1

(Strangers are Jews- Genesis 23:4, Lev. 25:23,Psalms 39:12, Hebrews 11:13, 1 Peter 2:11)

________________________________________________________________________________

"YE(emphasis mine, referring to Jews of 1:1) also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ." 1 Peter 2:5

"But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people.......(see Deut. 7:6"holy people", Deut. 14:2"holy people...peculiar people...above all the nations that are upon the earth", Deut. 26:18,19 "peculiar people...above all nations...holy people") 1 Peter 2:9

"And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father..." Rev. 1:6

"And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall REIGN ON EARTH(emphasis mine-Revelation 1:1 addressed to "his servants", a clear reference to Jews, the "children of Israel are servants" per Lev. 25:55, Hebrews 3:5-Body of Christ is never said to "reign on earth"-we are to reign in the heavenly places)

"... but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years." Rev. 20:6

Nowhere in Paul's epistles are members of the Body of Christ referred to as "priests", "kings", or "a holy nation". The Body of Christ is not a mediatorial body. In this "dispensation of the grace of God"(Eph. 3:2), there is "...one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus...."(1 Tim. 2:5), and his priesthood is in heaven, not on earth(Hebrews 8:4,5), and not after the law(Hebrews 7:14-28), but of the order of Melchisadec(Hebrews 5-7), not Levi. There WAS(past tense-in the future, the priesthood of Ex. 19:5,6 will be fulfilled ) only one earthly priesthood divinely appointed-the priesthood after the order of Levi "according to the law"(Hebrews 7:5,8:4) in "time past"(Gal. 1:13, Heb. 1:1).

One of the functions of the priesthood was access to God the Father. We now have access through the Lord Jesus Christ(Romans 5:1-2; Eph. 2:13,18;3:10-12). Members of the Body of Christ are "ambassadors"(2 Cor. 5:20),"ministers"(1 Cor. 3:5,4:1; 2 Cor. 6:4, 11:23; 1 Tim. 4:6), "stewards of the mysteries of God"(1 Cor. 4:1), "soldiers"(Philippians 2:25, 2 Tim. 2:3,4), but are never identified as "priests", "kings", nor will we "reign on earth"(Eph. 1:3,20; 2:6; Philippians 3:20; Col. 1:12,13; 1 Thes. 2:12; 2 Cor. 5:20).

And nowhere is the Body of Christ referred to as a "holy nation", or "a chosen generation". The term "holy nation" in scripture is reserved for Israel alone-she alone was chosen and "set apart"(the meaning of "holy") by the LORD God for His use from other nations:Ex. 11:7, 19:5,6; 33:16; Lev. 20:24; Numbers 23:9;Deut. 7:6,14:32,26:19;2 Sam. 7:23;1 Kings 8:53;Psalms 106:4,5, 135:4. And there is only one "chosen generation"('genos'='race' in context)-Israel: Is. 43:20,21, 44:1,2;Psalms 106:5.

(PS Re. Ex. 19:5,6- This explains all the Israelites coming to be baptized at the Jordan-their preparation/initiation right into being "a kingdom of priests" of Exodus 19:6-all priests, according to the Law, had to be "washed").

The "Catholic priesthood", despite the RCC claims to the contrary, is not recognized by the LORD GOD.

In Christ

John Whalen

Yes, truly, the catholic priesthood is not from God, because they do not obey God, yet they do believe in Jesus Christ, as the son of God, so therefore eventually they will be saved, if they do not do something, where they lose there salvation.