buckthesystem

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Good reasoning, AK. As I stated in another thread a while back, I think Americans have lost their stomach for war. Perhaps we now know too much. I know my Dad has said in the past that when it comes to warfare the press has made it increasingly difficult for the troops to do their jobs. Nowadays it's not uncommon to have more men and women with press passess on the front than soldiers with guns. The situation is totally absurd.

As far as waterboarding goes...I have always been partial to blowing kneecaps off. Works faster and gets better results.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  583
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/14/1962

There are things so evil that it is beyond the ability of my mind to reconcile Christians supporting, torture is such a thing.
And most things radical Islamic barbarians do are hard for me to reconcile. So are we to lay back and let "tree-hugging" utopian type dreams of the "perfect world" lull us into some false sense of "security"?

If that's the case we would be better off just putting our heads down for the sword now.

Sorry man, coercion is the only means of obtaining information from those hell bent on destruction and grand scale loss of life. The "good of the many outweigh the good of the one" in this case.

And as Christians I would say we would prefer "conversion over coercion" anyday, but we are not able to reach some with the truth of Christ, especially those so entrenched in their pagan beliefs.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  108
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Thank you for posting this, and for being brave enough to buck the system. I know some Christian's don't want to face certain facts and claim that it's the lunatic fringe or the liberal media reporting that the USA has and is using torture. We all know it's wrong and it's hurting our credibility around the world.

In Christ,

Sweet Servant

Speak for yourself Sweet Servant. No we DON'T "all know it's wrong." I believe that it is RIGHT that we waterboard terrorists in order to gain information to prevent further acts of terrorism. In addition, I don't care how the world views us. I would rather keep the innocent citizens safe, and have the world hate us, than to allow more acts of terror and get worldwide applause.

Then John your mother didn't teach you right. You can't see the forrest for the trees.

Back before the Iraq war, when most of the administration was content with lies claiming Saddam was near to having nukes. Cheney out and out said Saddam did have nukes. No one predicted before the war a rosier result of happy Iraqis greeting the invasion. Even now, and at any time since the invasion, Cheney can be counted on always saying the insurgency is about dead and things are going better in Iraq than expected.

How about providing proof Cheney "out and out said Saddam did have nukes."

Even now, liberals can be counted on always saying things are going worse in Iraq than they are.

Oh please John everyone knows what weapons of mass destruction are.... The worst part is they didn't listen to Colin Powell a Godly man of honor about not going into Iraq, and he was right. The administration treated him so shabbily and rejected his advice brazenly.

Edited by Sweet Servent

Thank you for posting this, and for being brave enough to buck the system. I know some Christian's don't want to face certain facts and claim that it's the lunatic fringe or the liberal media reporting that the USA has and is using torture. We all know it's wrong and it's hurting our credibility around the world.

In Christ,

Sweet Servant

Speak for yourself Sweet Servant. No we DON'T "all know it's wrong." I believe that it is RIGHT that we waterboard terrorists in order to gain information to prevent further acts of terrorism. In addition, I don't care how the world views us. I would rather keep the innocent citizens safe, and have the world hate us, than to allow more acts of terror and get worldwide applause.

Then John your mother didn't teach you right. You can't see the forrest for the trees.

No Sweet Servent. My mother did teach me right. The problem with you is you have been brainwashed by liberals.

You have been brainwashed by republican extremist. Did you send hate mail to the Dixie Chicks?

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

You're trying to claim that torture is wrong because it is self-evident - you need to establish why it is wrong before thrusting it into some "self-evident" category. If torturing one man saves 100, then it is beneficial and no longer immoral according to some moral constructs. Therefore, you need to establish why torture is wrong before claiming, "It just is."

I can imagine one of Hitler's scientists saying the same thing in defense of their experiments on prisoners.

Again, you're making an emotional appeal. Using reasoning, why is torture of those who are guilty (not innocent) wrong so long as it is for information that will save people?

You're making accusation and emotionally bankrupt comparisons but not providing any reasoning as to why it's wrong.

You have been brainwashed by republican extremist. Did you send hate mail to the Dixie Chicks?

:whistling::emot-hug::24: good grief, you're really having to reach low to come up with something, aren't you? by the way, did you send fan mail to them? did you praise them for posing naked on a magazine that children can pick up in the supermarket? did you commend them for coming out with their latest song saying they don't want to play fair and could care less about their former fanbase? and now, can we leave country music defectors out of the conversation and debate the real issues here, which are the safety of american citizens?

amen butero. i used to like them. i speak with my wallet too. and on the rare occasion when i hear them on the radio, i promptly change the station. they have a new fanbase now... a very anti-conservative one.

:wub::wub::wub: good grief, you're really having to reach low to come up with something, aren't you? by the way, did you send fan mail to them? did you praise them for posing naked on a magazine that children can pick up in the supermarket? did you commend them for coming out with their latest song saying they don't want to play fair and could care less about their former fanbase? and now, can we leave country music defectors out of the conversation and debate the real issues here, which are the safety of american citizens?

Oh here we go the republican extremist of all time LadyC! If a republican says it's a golden nugget.

you're really having to reach low to come up with something, aren't you? I'll take that as a yes.

by the way, did you send fan mail to them? No, I was disgusted by how fellows Christian acted.

did you praise them for posing naked on a magazine that children can pick up in the supermarket? No, but you can tell they work out. I wish I was as fit... :24:

did you commend them for coming out with their latest song saying they don't want to play fair and could care less about their former fanbase? Play fair, do mean how freerepublican.com played fair? They we vilified for their comments, I don't agree with them but I will defend there right to free speech.

and now, can we leave country music defectors out of the conversation and debate the real issues here, which are the safety of american citizens? Please you say these silly things and expect me to take anything you say serious. You wanted proof of torture and you got it. After you where going on about how the US wasn't using any. It was all the liberals saying it....please... :noidea:

Edited by Sweet Servent

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

Sweet servant, please begin to live up to your name for you are contradicting the idea presented by your moniker.