• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/12/1945

In Noahs day, who was "taken away"? Who do the scriptures say were "taken away"?

Noah and his family were taken "above" the earth in a place of refuge. They walked out on the destruction of the wicked. Compare Malachi 4:1-3

For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.

But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.

And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.

It is interesting the word "taken" used in Luke 17:34-37 ("one shall be taken, and the other left") comes from the same Greek word as "receive" in John 14:3 ("I will come again and receive you unto myself").

It is also the same word used in "Fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife" (Mat 1:20).

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Huh! Someone has only have to mention the word "rapture" and the whole forum get,s in a tizz wazz. Satan is sooo subtle. Likes to take christian's mind off the real issues of the bible, like salvation, redemption, forgiveness of sins and eternal life with Him. Tickles the ears of the easy believers into thinking they are going to miss the trib......Oh dear.

Huh! Someone has only have to mention the word "rapture" and the whole forum get,s in a tizz wazz. Satan is sooo subtle. Likes to take christian's mind off the real issues of the bible, like salvation, redemption, forgiveness of sins and eternal life with Him. Tickles the ears of the easy believers into thinking they are going to miss the trib......Oh dear.

Are there aspects of the Bible you think we should not discuss, Eric? That seems a rather odd attitude to me.

Are there aspects of the Bible you think we should not discuss, Eric? That seems a rather odd attitude to me.

Absolely not. Discussion is good. It's when folk get dogmatic in their opinions and insist that they are right and everyone else is wring is when my heckles bristle.

I've seen this topic arise every few weeks for the last four + years and we still have not got a positive answer. People have the right to have their own opinion, but let them state is as an opoinion and not a fact. Why not agree to disagree and move on. People would be better off studing their bibles than reading what the fiction writers are saying. Why should the martyrs get slaughtered for preaching the gospel and a heap of brainwashed easy believers get home scot free. Doesn't add up to me.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

There are orphans, AIDS victims (those who got it though they did nothing), homeless, those without Christ, divorcees, widows, poor in spirit, poor in wealth, starving, and a whole host of those who are needy - I think we have bigger things to worry about and plan for. :24:

Definitely could not put that better myself. :noidea:

It seems to me that one cannot recognize their Christian duty and try to make the world a better place for the children if they get wrapped up in the belief that world is about to end anyway.

It seems to me that one cannot recognize their Christian duty and try to make the world a better place for the children if they get wrapped up in the belief that world is about to end anyway.

I don't want to toot my own horn, but since I've retired I spend 3 sometimes 4 days a week, voluntarily helping disabled children and the frail elderly.

I believe that Jesus is coming soon, and that just makes me want to do more for Him.

Absolely not. Discussion is good. It's when folk get dogmatic in their opinions and insist that they are right and everyone else is wring is when my heckles bristle.

I've seen this topic arise every few weeks for the last four + years and we still have not got a positive answer. People have the right to have their own opinion, but let them state is as an opoinion and not a fact. Why not agree to disagree and move on. People would be better off studing their bibles than reading what the fiction writers are saying. Why should the martyrs get slaughtered for preaching the gospel and a heap of brainwashed easy believers get home scot free. Doesn't add up to me.

In my opinion...your're over reacting. It's good to have an opinion on a discussion eric but sometimes I think you go too far, now you're judging others which is wrong.

It's when folk get dogmatic in their opinions and insist that they are right and everyone else is wring is when my heckles bristle.

And at what point do you not realize, that it is exactly that which you are engaging in yourself? I never see you back up any of your arguments with scripture, which places you in the act of engaging in eisegesis. :whistling:

In Christ

CJ

Not so CJ I never over react and I'm not judging others, I'm merely stating what happens when people keep harping on their own opinions as being the final word. Like everyone else I do have my own view of some scripture and unless I am absolutely positive that I can't be corrected. I don't argue over it, because I can't prove it. You accuse me of eisegesis, because I seldom quote scripture.

What is the point of quoting scripture, if I am going to be down quoted by a full page of posting by someone who won't listen to what I am saying......Okay scripture.

Rev. 20:4 after John had seen the imprisonment of satan...."and I saw the thrones and they sat upon them ( the overcomers ) and judgement was given to them. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded, because of the testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God who did not worship the beast or his image and did not receive the mark on their forehead or their hand: and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

The souls mentioned here are those that endured until the end and must have been true saints of the church who went through the trib....... so why did they miss out on the rapture, when you say the rapture will happen before the a/c is revealed?

My exergesis might not be a hundred percent and that is why I don't make any statement unless I'm sure of what I am saying. Now you might not agree with my findings, but I wont argue with anyone about triviata that has no bearing on the final outcome.

enjoy your day, CJ

CJ,

I'm sorry i don't quite understand the reference to the "select few" you say I mentioned, and you went on to say,

I hate to post it long but engaging in Prophecy discussion cannot be summed up in few words and if long posts bother you, well what can be said, it's the nature of what we are discussing. Your position as it being the "Church" leaves little choice but to engage in replacement theology.

I should have left the true saints of the church out and said the true believers in Christ's gospel, because I am definitely not a suppoter of any replacement theology.

from you again.

If my memory serves me correctly, your position of the "abomination of desolation" spoken of by Christ in Mathew 24:15 was that the man of sin had already been revealed in AD 70, which in my opinion he has not.

Yes I remember saying something along those lines, but I believe I also added that I expect the same thing happening during the tribulation period ahead. The first time the temple was destroyed was when the babylonians did it along with killng and capturing jews and scattering the remainder and I believe that was a time of tribulation as was a repeat performance in70AD when the romans did the same thing. there must have been great tribulation, for the jews at any rate, and as I said in that post I expected the same thing to happen a third time........referring of course to the end times. If you are going to quote me, CJ, please do it properly.

Jesus said there would be two MEN in the same bed and one should be taken. Does that sound like rapture? or does that sound like "taken in judgement"? Because I don't think Jesus is coming back for homosexuals in the very act.

You obviously live in a nice modern Western country. Travel in less developed countries can be very broadening.

1 Cor. 15 says it all. The last trump cannot be before the first trump. IN fact, the last trump cannot be before the seventh trump, else "last" would not be last. So the last trump is in fact the seventh trump of revelation, and the vials of wrath are a retelling of some of the same events, with additional detail. I have proven this from simple scriptural comparison over and over.

I believe it is necessary to understand what a "trumpet" is, who is sounding it, and to whom its call is directed. The "last trump" for the Gentile church is the rapture, when She is caught up to meet the Lord in the air (1 Thes 4:16-17).

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Jesus said there would be two MEN in the same bed and one should be taken. Does that sound like rapture? or does that sound like "taken in judgement"? Because I don't think Jesus is coming back for homosexuals in the very act.

You obviously live in a nice modern Western country. Travel in less developed countries can be very broadening.

1 Cor. 15 says it all. The last trump cannot be before the first trump. IN fact, the last trump cannot be before the seventh trump, else "last" would not be last. So the last trump is in fact the seventh trump of revelation, and the vials of wrath are a retelling of some of the same events, with additional detail. I have proven this from simple scriptural comparison over and over.

I believe it is necessary to understand what a "trumpet" is, who is sounding it, and to whom its call is directed. The "last trump" for the Gentile church is the rapture, when She is caught up to meet the Lord in the air (1 Thes 4:16-17).

Then why are the dead raised first, then the living are caught up with them to meet them in the air?

All in ONE resurrectioin.

Edited by kat8585