Beta

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  132
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Far more scriptures refer with certainty to ' mortal man ' than the few ambiguous ones people count on to believe in the immortal soul.

In the very beginning God said : for dust thou art and unto dust shalt thou return Gen.3 v 19. This was said AFTER God had created Adam a ' living ' soul Gen.2 v 7 motivated / activated by a breath of air / wind. Therefore when we stop breathing we are de-activated and die, become lifeless.

Scripture says man was made a ' living soul ' through wind-power blown into us by God. Take that away and we are a ' dead soul ' an inactive Being. God only has immortality now 1Tim.6 v 16 .

Scripture says the soul (body) can die or be destroyed and return to dust, Job 34 v 15, Ez.18 v 4, 20. Mat.10 v 28. Gen.3 v 19. Mal.4 v 3. Obed.v 16. Job 33 describes a soul as a human being suffering human conditions.

What we find next is ' a spirit in man '. This spirit gives man awareness and comprehension, the ability to understand, Job 32 v 8. it is FORMED in man by God for that purpose - not to make us immortal. Zech.12 v 1. This human spirit is primarily to give man comprehension. By this spirit we can begin to understand God, to realize we need to be given HIS HOLY SPIRIT and until we get it we have not eternal life in us. Obedience to God is a requirement in order to get it Acts 5 v 32.

False beliefs do away with many scriptures relevant to salvation and burning eternally in hell-fire is one of them. It is sinful and wicked to believe such a thing of a merciful loving God who never had any such intention. People have assumed it because the wicked will share eternal hell-fire with evil spirits who can not die - but man being physical / material can and will die,if he has not repented when he had the chance. How could they become ashes under the feet of the Saints if they burned eternally ? Mal.4.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is truly amazing. There are several hundred million people beliving in the immortal soul ( there must be at least half a dozen on this forum ) yet not one considers it important enough to convince me of it. Not worth saving, huh ? Glad this decision is not left to mortal man.

This is truly amazing. There are several hundred million people beliving in the immortal soul ( there must be at least half a dozen on this forum ) yet not one considers it important enough to convince me of it. Not worth saving, huh ? Glad this decision is not left to mortal man.

Are you talking about the physical body or the soul?

How about the truth ?

Where is immortal soul mentioned in the Bible ?

I have listed several scriptures that man is mortal and the soul can and does die. Jesus himself said so Mat.10 v 28. Since it is an important issue relevant to our salvation how come people are so disinterested and blindly continue to believe a lie ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

So, you believe that the eternal spirit of man cannot die? That an unsaved man cannot survive hell? Well the body cannot, but the spirit will be in eternal torment in Hell.

Psalm 9:17

The wicked shall be turned into hell, And all the nations that forget God.

Psalm 55:15

Let death seize them;Let them go down alive into hell, For wickedness is in their dwellings and among them.

Ezekiel 32:21

The strong among the mighty Shall speak to him out of the midst of hell With those who help him: They have gone down, They lie with the uncircumcised, slain by the sword.

How does one speak in hell except there is a consciousness? We certainly do have an eternal component, and that is why Jesus Christ came to save us! He wants us to live forever with Him, not be tormented forever apart from Him! There is so much more in store for us after this life! We live maybe 70-80 years, but God has eternity planned for us!

How about the truth ?

I have listed several scriptures that man is mortal and the soul can and does die. Jesus himself said so Mat.10 v 28. Since it is an important issue relevant to our salvation how come people are so disinterested and blindly continue to believe a lie ?

I'm listening.

Tell me what you believe to be true and what you believe to be a lie.

Not to be rude, but if you're going to sit and wait for responses....you might want to hit your refresh button a few times....just a thought.

How about the truth ?

I'm listening.

Tell me what you believe to be true and what you believe to be a lie.

Not to be rude, but if you're going to sit and wait for responses....you might want to hit your refresh button a few times....just a thought.

If you could read my first post you will see where I'm coming from I explained the soul (body) and the function of the human spirit since it is not God's HSP. We receive that upon repentance and obedience to God when we are baptized (and by that is not meant infant christening)

By the way I'm not sat here waiting - busy elsewhere.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

Or Hell.

If you could read my first post you will see where I'm coming from I explained the soul (body) and the function of the human spirit since it is not God's HSP. We receive that upon repentance and obedience to God when we are baptized (and by that is not meant infant christening)

I for one do not consider the physical body and the soul as being the same thing.

I believe that is what you are saying. ( the body and soul are the same )

So if this is what you believe, what happens to the non believer when they die? The bible tells us there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Do you not believe this?

Just asking.