• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

Pray, to your God or imaginary friend or whatever and you will come back. It isn't that simple, you see my mind and my heart are one. They do not conflict at this time in my life. And I am at peace

You can't "go back" to a place you never were. If you think praying is akin to talking to an "imaginary friend", you were never a Christian, there fore were never "with" the Lord.

Getting right with God is that simple, though. Recognizing we're sinners, being sorry for what we've done to offend God, praying and asking Him to forgive us and come live in us, accepting Jesus' work on the cross as payment for our sins......that's it.

No one's minds and hearts are one. One is thought. One is emotion. Both, though, can be very much fallible.

I'm honestly glad your thoughts and emotions are in line, and that you're at peace. I'm just wondering, if there's nothing missing in your life, why are you here? What are you hoping to find?

I had to get very low before I'd acknowledge God's presence in my life. Maybe you'll never get there. God desires all His creation to come to knowledge of Him, but the reality is, not all will. That's because He's a gentleman, and won't force Himself on anyone. How cruel He'd be indeed, to force people to go to a place where they'll have to worship forever a God they refuse to acknowledge, much less love? He won't make you do that.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Mathew says you can see all the kindoms from some high point.

It says nothing of the sort. I think it's pretty obvious that you have not devoted any significant time to the study of God's word. It's not surprising that you oppose the faith as much as you do

MT 4:8 There is a high mountain from which all the kingdoms of the world can be seen.

"Again, the devil took Him to a very high mountain and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory"

This verses does not state that all the kingdoms of the world can be seen from a high mountain. It says that the devil showed him the kingdoms of the world and their glory. One does not have to believe that this mountain facilitated the view of all the kingdoms. Again. it appears that you have not devoted any significant time or effort into reading God's word, and understanding it.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

One thing that has puzzled me during the course of Faith is that repentense is how Jesus values your Faith. Truly feeling bad and regret for things that you have done that are evil, and how true and meaningful those regrets are determines just how much Faith we have in Christ. (Or how much we believe in Christ). Because it is said, believe in me and you are absolved of your sin. But you have to repent, for your belief to be real.

I have contemplated this in my life, and I can tell you this. We as Christians and as humans have variable belief in God. In most cases we have enough belief and fear of God enough to keep us out of trouble. And we don't need to take it any further than that.

I have a concept of God that I think is beautiful. but whenever I try and take edification from the source "The Bible". It becomes less beautiful.

Foxjoe

I am sorry, but this is ridiculous. The Word of God edifies itself. Obviously your concept of God is very faulty. You are setting unreal expectations on God, and when He dances outside of that box you have put Him in, you become disillusioned! Disillusionment stems from within. God is true and His Word stands.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Deleted

Edited by Jesus Admirer

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Content Count:  487
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

(I also want to say that there's much evidence to support the inspiration of the Old Testament too! Like all the Old Testament prophecies of Jesus Christ, written hundreds of years before he was born. Some will try to discredit them, but when we put them all together, then it just can't be denied, that the Old Testament speaks or prophesies about Jesus Christ hundreds of years before he was born. I just finished writing a book pointing to and explaining about 100 of them. I'll be posting the whole book to my website soon (For all to read, copy, & paste free). My wife and I are busy proof- reading it right now, but I hope to have it on my website before November is over. I think some should read it. My website link: thelordsplace.us

Hi Jesus Admirer,

Would you be interested in having a discussion with me in the "Soapbox Debate" forum about the (claimed) Old Testament prophecies that point to Jesus?

You say that:

"when we put them all together, then it just can't be denied, that the Old Testament speaks or prophesies about Jesus Christ hundreds of years before he was born"

I am skeptical of Christianity, and I would be willing to argue against this proposition, or something like it. Interested?

• Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Any such debate would need to be approved by George the board lead

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  819
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

bump to lower spam

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Content Count:  487
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Any such debate would need to be approved by George the board lead

Well I can't ask him because I can't use PM. Perhaps you would be kind enough to ask him for me?

Or if George reads this, perhaps he can say if he has any problem with it?

{{{the Christian story to be a lie devised to control the masses with Guilt}}} Post #9

Hay! That was the line used by Joe Stalin as he destroyed all hope in his people and took their lives, their liberty and their pursuit of happiness.

"For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist." (2 John 1:7 )

{{{however feel that I may be helpful to seekers on this board}}} Post #1

[some wolves come in sheep's clothing! Don't they foxjoe?] Post #151

Nailed it! Slippery little deceiver ain't he!

"Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves." (Matthew 10:16 )

"And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world." (1John 4:3 )

Should we fear?

".......... for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." (Hebrews 13:5 )

"Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us."

"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,"

"Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

(Romans 8:37-39 )

Amen! Come Quickly Lord Jesus, Come Quickly!

Edited by FresnoJoe