• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

Some Christians believe in the Rapture, the taking away of the Church into Heaven, before, during or after the Tribulation.

My question to athiests is what would you think if you woke up one morning and all the Christians in the world were gone? Would you consider the possibility that a Rapture had taken place, or would you think it was something else?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest willing servant
Some Christians believe in the Rapture, the taking away of the Church into Heaven, before, during or after the Tribulation.

My question to athiests is what would you think if you woke up one morning and all the Christians in the world were gone? Would you consider the possibility that a Rapture had taken place, or would you think it was something else?

Sorry to dissappoint you billie you first post is from a christian. Atheists will know is my thought. Even in revelations the atheists asks for the rocks to fall on them to hide them from gods face. Atheists know, just refuse to accept the truth.I could give you examples if you like

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Speaking on behalf of an atheist that I just asked (my father) if he woke up tomorrow morning and I was gone along with all the other christians in the world (and I hadn't asked this question) he'd just be very confused. If someone had explained to him the rapture had taken place, he'd need some more evidence showing that it was the rapture and not just a massive alien abduction (which in his mind is more plausible... :))

Edited by Bob Dole

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  819
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Speaking on behalf of an atheist that I just asked (my father) if he woke up tomorrow morning and I was gone along with all the other christians in the world (and I hadn't asked this question) he'd just be very confused. If someone had explained to him the rapture had taken place, he'd need some more evidence showing that it was the rapture and not just a massive alien abduction (which in his mind is more plausible... :thumbsup:)

Thanks Bob how true.

I was explaining to some friends what had happened to me when I was converted, I realised they thought I was mad. I changed tack and said I

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  489
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  02/12/1964

A Word for the wise..

I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red, and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as late figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind. The sky receded like a scroll, rolling up, alnd every mountain and island was removed from its place.

Then the KINGS OF THE EARTH, the PRINCES, the GENERALS, the RICH, the MIGHTY and every SLAVE and every FREE man hid in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains. They called to the rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits upon the throne AND from the WRATH OF THE LAMB. For the great day of their wrath has COME, and who can STAND..??" (Revelation 6:12,17)

You see....? No mention of atheists here....!!! That is because there ARE no atheists......You are a king, a general, rich, mighty, slave or free....Though you MAY be one of these, the unfortunate truth is that you are not "IN CHRIST." Your name is not written in the book of life.

You can be King and be a professed atheist, or a general and profess atheism...Truth is, there is no atheism. Youre just a king or a general who doesnt believe.

Youre just a slave or a free man who doesnt believe...and dont worry, the warning is not just for UNbelievers alone....Please observe.

The rest of mankind that were not killed by these plagues (the seven seals of revelation Chapters 8 and 9) STILL DID NOT REPENT of the work of their hands, they did not stop worshiping demons and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone and wood-- Idols that cannot see or hear or walk. Nor did they repent of their magic arts, their sexual immorality or their thefts. (Rev 9:20,21)

But the COWARDLY, the UNBELIEVING, the VILE, the MURDERERS, the SEXUALLY IMMORAL, those who practice MAGIC ARTS, the IDOLATORS and ALL LIARS----THEIR PLACE will be in the firey lake of BURNING SULPHUR. This is the SECOND death. (Rev 21:8)

Please notice something very important in these two scriptures....It is not just the UNBELIEVER who this is speaking to....Remember Jesus also said that not all who call him Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of God, but ONLY those who DO THE WILL OF THE FATHER.

The UNbeliever is only one of a number of people canvased here. It wont just be UNbelievers who are hiding in caves and calling out to the rocks to fall on them and hide them from him who sits upon the throne....

Clearly the entire message throughout the book of revelation is a call to REPENTANCE>>For ALL.......!!

Regards,

Ben.

Guest willing servant

Speaking on behalf of an atheist that I just asked (my father) if he woke up tomorrow morning and I was gone along with all the other christians in the world (and I hadn't asked this question) he'd just be very confused. If someone had explained to him the rapture had taken place, he'd need some more evidence showing that it was the rapture and not just a massive alien abduction (which in his mind is more plausible... :thumbsup:)

Thanks Bob how true.

I was explaining to some friends what had happened to me when I was converted, I realised they thought I was mad. I changed tack and said I’d been abducted by aliens and they had operated on me and so completely changed my life and outlook. They preferred this to the truth.

Grace & peace, H.

Incredible! Sometimes, as a Christian, it's hard to comprehend how others CANNOT and WILL NOT see it!

NOt hard to comprehend......just painful

Guest willing servant

Thanks Bob how true.

I was explaining to some friends what had happened to me when I was converted, I realised they thought I was mad. I changed tack and said I’d been abducted by aliens and they had operated on me and so completely changed my life and outlook. They preferred this to the truth.

Grace & peace, H.

PS thanks bob for opening my eyes...

WS

Incredible! Sometimes, as a Christian, it's hard to comprehend how others CANNOT and WILL NOT see it!

NOt hard to comprehend......just painful

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Speaking on behalf of an atheist that I just asked (my father) if he woke up tomorrow morning and I was gone along with all the other christians in the world (and I hadn't asked this question) he'd just be very confused. If someone had explained to him the rapture had taken place, he'd need some more evidence showing that it was the rapture and not just a massive alien abduction (which in his mind is more plausible... :wub:)

Thanks Bob how true.

I was explaining to some friends what had happened to me when I was converted, I realised they thought I was mad. I changed tack and said I

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  02/21/1986

Uh, perhaps this is a silly question, but how would we tell? First off, not everybody wears a sign on their heads with big, neon flashing lights marked 'CHRISTIAN.' Secondly, not everyone who calls themselves a Christian would actually be one, in terms of the 'getting into heaven' sense, so not everyone who believed in God would go. This would include as a matter of course members of the actual church, not just members of the varying congregations, so it isn't like every church on Earth would suddenly be abandoned, to say nothing of those whose denominational differences or specific beliefs didn't equal the right combination for being saved. Fourthly, given that true Christianity isn't something you can prove even to other Christians - as many of you seem to disagree to a certain extent on certain issues - there'd be no way to tell that every real Christian had actually gone, only that some of you had. And lastly, assuming the rapture was upon us, this would seem to be accompanied by mass chaos and destruction on Earth, so if all hell was quite literally beginning to break loose for the rest of us, who would've stopped to notice? After all, any "Christians" who did remain wouldn't be able to get their heads around the idea that they'd been excluded from the rapture, so they'd probably start positing some other theory as to what had happened, assuming the world wasn't so wrapped in nuclear war or somesuch for the whole thing to slip under the radar.

Point being: while, if this did happen and people did notice, it would be a pretty damn convincing proof for Christianity, I can't see how anyone could or would really notice.

Edited by secondeve

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  489
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  02/12/1964

Uh, perhaps this is a silly question, but how would we tell? First off, not everybody wears a sign on their heads with big, neon flashing lights marked 'CHRISTIAN.' Secondly, not everyone who calls themselves a Christian would actually be one, in terms of the 'getting into heaven' sense, so not everyone who believed in God would go. This would include as a matter of course members of the actual church, not just members of the varying congregations, so it isn't like every church on Earth would suddenly be abandoned, to say nothing of those whose denominational differences or specific beliefs didn't equal the right combination for being saved. Fourthly, given that true Christianity isn't something you can prove even to other Christians - as many of you seem to disagree to a certain extent on certain issues - there'd be no way to tell that every real Christian had actually gone, only that some of you had. And lastly, assuming the rapture was upon us, this would seem to be accompanied by mass chaos and destruction on Earth, so if all hell was quite literally beginning to break loose for the rest of us, who would've stopped to notice? After all, any "Christians" who did remain wouldn't be able to get their heads around the idea that they'd been excluded from the rapture, so they'd probably start positing some other theory as to what had happened, assuming the world wasn't so wrapped in nuclear war or somesuch for the whole thing to slip under the radar.

Point being: while, if this did happen and people did notice, it would be a pretty damn convincing proof for Christianity, I can't see how anyone could or would really notice.

secondeve, out of all that there are only three words which completely emcompass with great accuracy the reality of your circumstance.

"I cannot see." You are right secondeve...You CANNOT see. What kind of comment is, "denominational differences or specific beliefs didnt equal the right combination for being saved." Do you honestly think that religion determines salvation....?

Once again you chose to completely take the focus OFF yourself and pass judgement on just who YOU suggest or perceive ARE and ARE NOT True Christians.

As an UNbelielever you are doing exactly what unbelievers do. Looking at everyone except yourself. Who WILL, who WONT, who CAN, who CANNOT, who IS and who IS NOT.

These are your favourite lines in every post. How many times does it need to be spoken to you secondeve that salvation has nothing to do with YOU or I. It has everything to do with Christ. Everytime you ask a question secondeve and someone gives you the answer to that question, youre still never satisfied..You always ask the same questions over and over again. This is evidence that you cannot HEAR.....Jesus was right secondeve....

If you cannot HEAR Truth, then noone can TELL it to you...YOU are the classic representation of that. Frustrating as it may be for you, unless you repent before God nothing will change that. You can argue and debate and deny Jesus as much as you like...It wont change anything...It wont change what Jesus did, or who he is. It wont change who God is or what he is going to do either. It is a total act of futility to think otherwise.

In reference to your statement on the rapture events being pretty damn convincing proof of Christianity, I would like to point you towards a scripture in the book of Revelation.

This is speaking of the seven seals, or the seven angels....Listen carefully to this....

"The horses and riders I saw in my vision looked like this: Their breastplates were fiery red, dark blue and yellow as sulphur. The heads of the horses resembled the heads of lions, and out of their mouths came fire smoke and sulphur. A third of mankind was killed by the three plagues of fire, smoke and sulphur that came out of their mouths. The power of the horses was in their mouths and in their tails; for their tails were like snakes, having heads with which they inflict injury.

The rest of mankind that were not killed by these plagues STILL DID NOT REPENT OF THE WORK OF THEIR HANDS, THEY DID NOT STOP WORSHIPING DEMONS, AND IDOLS OF GOLD, SILVER AND BRONZE, STONE AND WOOD----IDOLS THAT CANNOT SEE OR HEAR OR WALK. (They need to be carried) NOR DID THEY REPENT OF THEIR MURDERS, THEIR MAGIC ARTS, THEIR SEXUAL IMMORALITY OR THEIR THEFTS. (Revelation 9:17,21)

Secondeve, I dont claim to understand what all of this vision entails, but I do want to make a point here. Even in the midst of Gods judgements throughout the earth, there are men who still refuse to repent. God will NOT give you proof secondeve. His judgements are already throughout the earth even right now today. If you continue to deny God over and over and over again, then you will never see Gods judgments throughout the earth because in your own mind and in your own eyes you will always find some other reason for what is happening.

Only those who belong to God will SEE and recognize Gods judgements for what they are...Think about it secondeve....How many of the people throughout the world thought the flood was just a big rain storm.....it wasnt until it was up around their necks that they began to realise the futility of their own perceptions.

When the door is closed secondeve, there is no opening it....The bible clearly tells us, that one day the door will be closed...Even if you wanted to come in, you couldnt..It will be too late.

I feel to share with you Ecclesiastes Chapter 12. please read it secondeve if you get a chance.

Remember your creator in the days of your youth, before the days of trouble come and the years approach when you will say, "I find no pleasure in them" --Before the sun and the light and the moon grow dark and the clouds return after the rain; when the keepers of the house tremble, and the strong men stoop, when the grinders cease because they are few, and those looking through the windows grow dim; when the doors to the street are closed and the sound of grinding fades; when men rise up at the sound of birds, but all their songs grow faint; when men are afraid of heights and of dangers in the streets; when the almond tree blossoms and the grasshopper drags himself along and desire no longer is stirred.

Then man goes to his eternal home and mourners go about the streets.

Remember him--before the silver cord is severed, or the golden bowl is broken; before the pitcher is shattered at the spring, or the wheel broken at the well, and the dust returns to ground it came from, and the spirit returns to him who gave it.

Not only was th eteacher wise, but also he imparted knowledge to the people. He pondered and searched out and set in order many proverbs. The Teacher searched to find just the right words, and what he wrote was upright and true.

The words of the wise are like goads, their collected sayings like firmly embedded nails -- given by one shepherd. Be warned, my son of anything in addition to them.

Of making many books their is no end, and much study wearies the body.

Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter. Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. For God will bring every deed into judgement, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil. (Ecclesiastes Chapter 12 in its entirety)

Of all the things you have said in all of your posts, the reality is simple secondeve. The three words "I cant see". Secondeve....Neither could Saul....Until Jesus opened his eyes.

Until you have your eyes opened secondeve, Gods judgements throughout the earth will go unnoticed to you. We already know that Gods judgements are all throughout the earth because scripture tells us that if Gods judgements were NOT throughout the whole earth then NO MAN would repent....Gods judgements are his mercy, turning men from their wicked ways to follow after him.

If anyone is a teacher or has one of the five ascension gifts such as teaching or pastor or evangelist, prophet or apostle, these gifts are not for the teaching of the UNbeliever.

The sad truth is that the UNbeliever CANNOT be taught the things of God. The whole purpose of these gifts is for the equipping of the saints. A teacher is to equip others to teach, an evangelist is to equip others to evangelise, but none of this has anything to do with UNbelievers. Unbelievers are UNteachable in the things of God.

They are DEAD to God in their sins and transgressions and will remain so until they are Born again. They stand already condemned because they refuse the forgiveness of God through Christ. Do not waste your time arguing with a person who cannot hear. You werent equipped by God for that. Let the evangelist who is truly called to evangelise bring the sheep into the fold....Then and only then can they be taught. You cannot convince a man to repent....He must be broken so his repentance is genuine. This is the work of the Holy Spirit....It is his mission to convict a man of sin and righteousness. Listen to Jesus words...

"When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgement. In regard to sin because men do not believe in me, in regard to righteousness because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer; and in regard to judgement because the prince of this world now stands condemned."

I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. But when HE the Spirit of Truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own, he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you. All that belongs to the father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will take from what is mine and make it known to you." (John 16:8,16)

Only the Holy Spirit can convict a person of sin and make him alive to the depth and weight of his own sinfulness. This is of course quite a humbling experience.

I dont think there is anything quite as humbling than to receive revelation of your own sinfulness in the sight of a Perfect, Holy, Righteous and Just God. And then to realise that God has accepted you through the work of Christ on the cross.

"He who falls upon the rock, shall be broken, but he upon WHOM the rock falls shall be CRUSHED."

Brokenness leads to repentance...Its just so sad that it takes such a wake-up call to get our attention. The only time a man will truly cry out to God is in time of desperation.

This is good news though....

"For everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved."

Regards,

Ben.