• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/30/1983

Hi everyone. I don't usually post in this forum (for a variety of reasons)- but this time I thought I would.

For me, I know I'm not gonna be here when y'all wake up one day to find all the Christians have disappeared. But I would imagine it would be chaotic and extremely scary. Even though you guys think you'd be all logical and understanding- you won't be. You'll be frantic to find out what happened...and once you find out what happened, you're going to want to be with us. After all...it is heaven :24:

I am praying for all the "nonbelievers". You have no idea how amazing it is to have a relationship with Christ...and I suspect that you have thought about it since youve joined worthyboards. You care about it enough to debate it...so methinks you might just be a little curious about what it would be like to live the Christian life. And I have news for you: ITS AWESOME!

If you are thinking about changing your life...and you want to become a better person and live the life you've always dreamed of...I encourage you to learn more about Jesus. Believing in the love and sacrifice of Jesus Christ is the best thing you'll ever do...and I'm praying that today SOMEONE, ANYONE...will be curious enough to seek more knowledge. As always you can PM me and I'd be free to talk with you about anything and everything.

Blessings,

Sierra

(PS- my apologies Billie for getting slightly off topic).

Hi Sierra! From what I've seen of your posts, I think you'd be an interesting person to talk to - however, I don't know if you know, but nonbelievers have no PM-ing privileges - we did for a little while (at least, we did when I first came to Worthy) but the mods were getting concerned with the idea that we were talking to Christians unsupervised, and therefore potentially planting seeds of doubt. Or something like that. :) So if you're interesting in talking one on one to any of us, or if you want any of us to come talk to you, it'll have to happen either on the Boards themselves or by one or both of you providing an email address.

As for me, I like hearing from people, so mine's in my signature - I get spam anyway, so a little more can't hurt! :)

Billie, I know this might sound like a silly question, but why does it seem more logical that God could come from nothing or always have existed, than that the universe could come from nothing or always have existed? As far as I can tell, these are both theories which would be, scientifically speaking, beyond our normal concept of phsyics to a certain extent, and both require belief in the idea that either one thing could be eternal or that something could come from nothing. So why is God more logical than the Big Bang? :emot-handshake:

Yes, scientifically speaking, science has no explanation as to where all this came from, or if it came from anything. That's a very good point.

I'm not sure if God is more logical for everyone. He's waaaaayyyyyyy more logical to me, just because of the experiences I've had with Him. That kind of thing can't be reproduced in a lab.

The point of my post was, I was being asked to "respect the logic behind" something which is totally illogical, abiogenisis. It's never happened. Scientists have tried to make it happen, and they can't. Life doesn't come from "no-life".

To go farther and say, "So the only logical conclusion is for everyone to accept that there's a God! Harrumph!" Well, I can't prove that one to anyone else, but He's proven it to me, numerous occasions.

BTW, hey, Eve! :):noidea:

Hi Billie! ;):24:

I hadn't seen the previous posts re ambiogensis, so sorry if my reply was out of context. Basically, I know why God is more logical to you and why the Big Bang is more logical to me - because we already believe in the respective evidence which supports these theories. Of course we're more inclined to trust in theory what we already trust as fact! I only wanted to say that when you remove both theories from other evidence or contexts or feelings (what we might already believe, the Bible, scientific research) and simply look at them as ideas for how the universe came into being, human knowledge is so limited that both opinions are equally logical. Each requires us to accept that we don't fully understand physics, and each requires us to believe that either one thing can have always existed, or that something can come from nothing, be it God or the universe. In that purely abstract sense, each theory is as likely as the other. See? :)

hi secondeve- I've tried adding you to my MSN. I have no idea if you have msn or not, but let me know what messenger service you use if not. I hope you had a nice day!! My day was cold...brrr! :P

Sierra!

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  02/21/1986

hi secondeve- I've tried adding you to my MSN. I have no idea if you have msn or not, but let me know what messenger service you use if not. I hope you had a nice day!! My day was cold...brrr! :emot-handshake:

Sierra!

Hi Sierra! I don't use a messenger service at the moment - I only have the internet at work. Maybe send me an email? :noidea:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

hey secondeve, if ya have yahoo, add me, my ID is on my page.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

She doesn't. :laugh:

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  1,276
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  02/21/1986

Would if I could, my friend! :laugh:

• 2 years later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  788
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  04/18/1979

A Word for the wise..

I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red, and the stars in the sky fell to earth, as late figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind. The sky receded like a scroll, rolling up, alnd every mountain and island was removed from its place.

Then the KINGS OF THE EARTH, the PRINCES, the GENERALS, the RICH, the MIGHTY and every SLAVE and every FREE man hid in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains. They called to the rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who sits upon the throne AND from the WRATH OF THE LAMB. For the great day of their wrath has COME, and who can STAND..??" (Revelation 6:12,17)

You see....? No mention of atheists here....!!! That is because there ARE no atheists......You are a king, a general, rich, mighty, slave or free....Though you MAY be one of these, the unfortunate truth is that you are not "IN CHRIST." Your name is not written in the book of life.

You can be King and be a professed atheist, or a general and profess atheism...Truth is, there is no atheism. Youre just a king or a general who doesnt believe.

Youre just a slave or a free man who doesnt believe...and dont worry, the warning is not just for UNbelievers alone....Please observe.

The rest of mankind that were not killed by these plagues (the seven seals of revelation Chapters 8 and 9) STILL DID NOT REPENT of the work of their hands, they did not stop worshiping demons and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone and wood-- Idols that cannot see or hear or walk. Nor did they repent of their magic arts, their sexual immorality or their thefts. (Rev 9:20,21)

But the COWARDLY, the UNBELIEVING, the VILE, the MURDERERS, the SEXUALLY IMMORAL, those who practice MAGIC ARTS, the IDOLATORS and ALL LIARS----THEIR PLACE will be in the firey lake of BURNING SULPHUR. This is the SECOND death. (Rev 21:8)

Please notice something very important in these two scriptures....It is not just the UNBELIEVER who this is speaking to....Remember Jesus also said that not all who call him Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of God, but ONLY those who DO THE WILL OF THE FATHER.

The UNbeliever is only one of a number of people canvased here. It wont just be UNbelievers who are hiding in caves and calling out to the rocks to fall on them and hide them from him who sits upon the throne....

Clearly the entire message throughout the book of revelation is a call to REPENTANCE>>For ALL.......!!

Regards,

Ben.

Thanks, Ben, for a great post!

It irks me somtimes, how athiests will make a positive (athiest) out of what is really a negative (unrepentant sinner).

Gauntlet

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  05/14/1987

Two things.

First of all, I believe the first post said if you can't keep it civil don't post. SO, why are so many being so condescending and critical of those who don't believe. SHOW LOVE.

Second. And this is for the nonbelievers that discuss Christianity. Honestly, if you did wake up and so many people had disappeared, the people you know who are truly Christian and show it in their lives would be gone. I'm relatively certain any of you would probably think Rapture first, not go looking for other explanations, we're talking about a large percentage of the population simply vanishing. I mean lets say that there was a book from a religion, for the sake of argument we'll just call in Xism. If this book described the end of our world in detail, and that event indeed happened to the letter, I for one would immediately realize they were right. What I'm trying to say is that if what the Bible says happens exactly as described, how could one doubt? I mean, it's not your run of the mill kinda stuff in Revelations..

• Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/27/1985

Two things.

First of all, I believe the first post said if you can't keep it civil don't post. SO, why are so many being so condescending and critical of those who don't believe. SHOW LOVE.

Second. And this is for the nonbelievers that discuss Christianity. Honestly, if you did wake up and so many people had disappeared, the people you know who are truly Christian and show it in their lives would be gone. I'm relatively certain any of you would probably think Rapture first, not go looking for other explanations, we're talking about a large percentage of the population simply vanishing. I mean lets say that there was a book from a religion, for the sake of argument we'll just call in Xism. If this book described the end of our world in detail, and that event indeed happened to the letter, I for one would immediately realize they were right. What I'm trying to say is that if what the Bible says happens exactly as described, how could one doubt? I mean, it's not your run of the mill kinda stuff in Revelations..

Actually, If I woke up one day to find a good amount of the population had dissapeared, my first thought wouldn't be rapture.

I'd probably be looking around for a tree with "Croatoan" etched into it. Not that we know what happened to those people either.

Plus, I think it's hard to tell who is a TRUE christian and who isn't. Because there are so many different denominations of christianity (though they are pretty simillar), it would be difficult to tell who

got it right, and would they be the only ones who dissapeared?