• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Toxic--faith that leads to a sick soul. Faith that is based on untruths.

Why can't you reasonably debate without just dogmatically spouting what you've been programmed to spout?

How dare you? I am not a proficient debater, and I actually eschew proper debate, mostly because I believe God isn't honoured in it. What I do is state my belief, pure and simple. No programing here. My opinions come from knowing God and understanding His Word. Hence, the opposition you are sensing.

Thanks for admitting logical, rational debate doesn't "honor" or support God. You basically admit that to honor God, I must turn off my brain and all critical thinking and just have faith.

To some extent that is true. We humans, in the natural, have made for ourselves many gods, and one of them is the intellect. Some people choose to think their way into hell. We are born with dead spirits, so the mind tends to exalt itself, thinking that it is the be-all and end-all. It isn't. Coming into the Truth, our spirits come alive, and we realize that there is more to this life than knowledge and meaningless information (in the scale of things).

Unless your spirit is quickened to life by the prompting of the Holy Spirit of God, you will never know the only one true God and His Truth. Never. I pray that he will touch your spirit and raise it from the dead. Just as God is three, we are also three: body, soul (mind) and spirit.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Days Won:  0

Why can't you reasonably debate without just dogmatically spouting what you've been programmed to spout?

How dare you? I am not a proficient debater, and I actually eschew proper debate, mostly because I believe God isn't honoured in it. What I do is state my belief, pure and simple. No programing here. My opinions come from knowing God and understanding His Word. Hence, the opposition you are sensing.

Thanks for admitting logical, rational debate doesn't "honor" or support God. You basically admit that to honor God, I must turn off my brain and all critical thinking and just have faith.

That's quite the broad brushing statement. Debate is most certainly welcome in Christianity (it is what Christ and Paul both engaged in when confronting those of a different belief). Most Christians simply ignore this. Christianity requires rational debate because God is both logical and rational.

Christ told us to love God with all of our heart, soul, and mind. Thus, those Christians that say we must shut off our brains to accept Christ are ignoring this vital piece of scripture.

I know no believer who says to shut off our brains! God in us activates right thinking! He gave us wonderful brains!

Genesis 1:3.

And Elohim said,

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Biological evolution has nothing to do with light or theory about the "Big Bang" for that matter.

There is nothing in Genesis 1:3 that would have to contradict the theory of evolution.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  819
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

bump to lower spam

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  211
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/14/2006

Sharing beliefs does not make me uncomfortable. Presenting beliefs as TRUTH does make me uncomfortable.

If you have the right to tell me what you believe is the absolute truth, then I have the right to tell you that what I believe is absolute truth. The point is, this won't get anyone anywhere.

EVOLUTION IS REAL.

WE ARE ANIMALS.

THIS IS TRUTH.

Are you converted yet? I didn't think so. And I wouldn't expect you to be. But this is exactly what Floatingaxe says in every one of his/her posts.

Can you see how professing personal beliefs as truth, how repeatedly shoving this on others, is pointless, counterproductive, and disrespectful?

With all due respect, your belief in evolution is also personal. Debating is sharing of personal belief and using evidence to back your opinion up. Floatingaxe has used it on several other boards. I don't expect you to be converted with me saying that Jesus is Lord, just as you don't expect me to be converted by saying that evolution is real.

And if you don't want someone's opinion, don't ask for it. :noidea:

You missed Floatingaxe's point completely.

Debate stops honoring God when God is absent from the debate, and you're simply debating to prove someone wrong, not to help them see the Lord. This is a temptation that goes hand-in-hand with debate, and its up to individual Christians to decide whether or not they want to participate. Nowhere does it say in the Bible that debate is a sin.

I don't know why you have such a bone to pick with Floatingaxe just for giving her opinion. If you're going to insist on a civilied, unbiased debate, stick to those same standards for yourself. I'm more than willing to talk calmly with people, but insults bring NOTHING into a debate and simply stir up trouble.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  828
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  12/28/1980

"And God said, Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to seperate the day from night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years."

If on the fourth day God created seperation of days and nights how long were the first three days?

It is important that we don't pervert God's Word and make it into a science book.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  211
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/14/2006

"And God said, Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to seperate the day from night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years."

If on the fourth day God created seperation of days and nights how long were the first three days?

It is important that we don't pervert God's Word and make it into a science book.

Very, very true-- that's one of my flaws that I come to God daily about. I'm forced to remind myself that our God is an illogical God that cannot be unraveled by logic. It's important to step back and see God for who He really is, a wonderfully infanitely complex God that cared enough to save us from doom. :rolleyes: Becaue He just rocks. 'Nuff said.

• 2 weeks later...

GOOD GRIEF, I started this forum a couple of days ago but apparently the administrators moved it. I looked through all 65 pages of discussions on the apologetics section. Thank God I found it. Now, outta the plane & into the battle.

I started this forum to see if Creation & Evolution are science or just a belief based on faith. I already know the answer to that question-it's YES! Evolution & Creation are based upon faith. How? Because true science is based on three things:

(a) the ability to be observed-we can see it happen, observable.

(b) the ability to be tested-we can apply the scientific method to it & see if it is real & see what it is made of, testable.

© the ability to be recreated-we can do it repetitively, recreatable.

Now, Neither Evolution nor Creation can be observed in action, tested in action, & recreated. Ask An Atheist & I have debated this before in a thread called "As an Anthropologist, I gotta know HOW you can believ in a god?" I want to give you an example. THe Big Bang & God created are the 2 biggest opponents today. Most people believe one or the other. But, can you watch these happening? Can you watch an explosion create a bulding? Can you watch God create the earth from nothing? No. all that you can do is interpret what we see NOW & use it to interpret what happened in the past. This isn't called science, it's called history. We use our History books to prove to us what happened. Evolutionists use Archaeologists & Anthropologists (I think) to prove it to them. Creationists use Men who heard it from a God who claimed he did it. Now, I believe Creationists can prove at least the validity of the Bible, the earth's young age & the complexity & orderliness of everything. But that's what we're here for isn't it? :emot-heartbeat:

Real quick, before I put this out for debate, I want to show you how we both (evolutionists & creationists) have to have faith. Evolutionists have to trust their scientists & archaeologists word. Creationists have to trust their God & his writers to be telling the truth. It's as simple as that.

Go With God,

GWG :emot-heartbeat: