IGNORED

Let's look at the Holy Spirit...

cjrose

To EA:

Words of love to a serious fellow!

"And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered."

"And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn."

"And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night."

"And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid."

"And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people."

"For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord."

"And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger."

"And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,"

"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men." (Luke 2:6-14)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"And it was about the sixth hour, and there was a darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour."

"And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst."

"And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost."

"Now when the centurion saw what was done, he glorified God, saying, Certainly this was a righteous man." (Luke 23:44-47)

"And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments:"

"And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead?" (Luke 24:4-5)

"And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:"

"And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem."

"And ye are witnesses of these things."

"And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high."

"And he led them out as far as to Bethany, and he lifted up his hands, and blessed them."

"And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven." (Luke 24:46-51)

From Your Christian Family at Worthy

:laugh: Merry Christmas Dear EA, Merry Christmas! :laugh:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Oh how I disagree whole-heartedly with you. If there is a God, this book has done nothing but turn me away from him. It makes him sound proud, petty, sexist and racist.

Oh, how I used to agree whole-heartedly with you on this. It's amazing when I think about it.

Merry Christmas! :24:

t.

{{{ How about you stop YOUR nonsensical rantings and have a merry Solstice Celebration!!! }}}

:wub::21::P

"For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord." (Luke 2:11)

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." (Isaiah 9:6)

:P Merry Christmas Dear EA and a Blessed New Year! :wub:

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,871
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Birthday:  03/23/1964

If you cast aside the Bible as silly, you may never come to know God.
Oh how I disagree whole-heartedly with you. If there is a God, this book has done nothing but turn me away from him. It makes him sound proud, petty, sexist and racist.

If I were God (which I'm not, but bear with me) I would not want people to think that I am such a terrifying being.

Will you just stop your nonsensical prattling for a while, and have yourself a MERRY CHRISTMAS !
:P

How about you stop YOUR nonsensical rantings and have a merry Solstice Celebration!!!

See... I can do it too. :wub:

I was into Witchcraft, before you were even born, E.A.

Learned a lot since then :21:

Merry Christmas, Friend

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  167
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Learned a lot since then :)

Um... are you suggesting I am into witchcraft... or that only witches celebrate the winter solstice?

Really... what does witchcraft have to do with anything?

Learned a lot since then :)

Um... are you suggesting I am into witchcraft... or that only witches celebrate the winter solstice?

Really... what does witchcraft have to do with anything?

Druidism, witchcraft, rebellion

It's all the same thing

Oh, how I used to agree whole-heartedly with you on this. It's amazing when I think about it.
Oh! You did!?!? How did you ever come to be able to ignore the horribly proud, petty, sexist and racist nature the bible assigns God? Or did you just suddenly find such things acceptable? Edited by ethical.atheist

It's all the same thing

:)

I don't believe in any sort of witchcraft, invisible men in the sky, old books or magical underpants.

It's all the same thing

;)

I don't believe in any sort of witchcraft, invisible men in the sky, old books or magical underpants.

Hang on a minute.....did you say you DON'T believe in magical underpants?

:24::39::39:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Oh! You did!?!? How did you ever come to be able to ignore the horribly proud, petty, sexist and racist nature the bible assigns God? Or did you just suddenly find such things acceptable?

For one, I don't believe that the Bible assigns such things to God, so there's nothing to ignore. In fact, it was my ignoring of what the Bible does teach for so long which probably led to me not accepting it or Him for many years.

And no, I don't find such things otherwise acceptable, nor do I find your spin of the Bible acceptable, either. I used to, I have to admit, because I treated it the same way at one point.

BTW- Would you like to address the "hunger" and "thirst" verses I gave some time ago?

Probably if I thought they were His words!

And PLEASE stop filling my thread with all of that. If you give me the verses, I promise I will go read them ON MY OWN and come back to you with comments.

Have you had time to think about them?

To refresh your memory, the verses were: John 6:30-51 and John 4:5-15

Thanks,

t.