IGNORED

Let's look at the Holy Spirit...

cjrose

Thank you! :P

I'm delighted you recognized a prayer when you read it. :emot-heartbeat:

Strange you should find one on a Christian discussion board. :21:

Even stranger that you believe you can command a Christian to stop lifting up prayers to his Heavenly Father in his own home! :emot-partyblower:

Sometime I wonder about you! :o

{{{ but please don't clutter the thread with these attempts to connect }}} :emot-partyblower:

Please continue to read the words of those who care enough to put up with your attempts to ignore God's Word and to silence The Holy Spirit. :emot-partyblower:

After all, The Holy Spirit Is the subject of this thread and, as you may know, the proof of the pudding is in the tasting! :emot-highfive:

Bon Appetit!

"O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him." (Psalms 34:8 )

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,580
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/13/1960

Thank you! :wub:

I'm delighted you recognized a prayer when you read it. :)

Strange you should find one on a Christian discussion board. :emot-hug:

Even stranger that you believe you can command a Christian to stop lifting up prayers to his Heavenly Father in his own home! :24:

Sometime I wonder about you! :wub:

{{{ but please don't clutter the thread with these attempts to connect }}} :wub:

Please continue to read the words of those who care enough to put up with your attempts to ignore God's Word and to silence The Holy Spirit. :wub:

After all, The Holy Spirit Is the subject of this thread and, as you may know, the proof of the pudding is in the tasting! :)

Bon Appetit!

"O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him." (Psalms 34:8 )

Brother Joe, you are such an inspriation, again and again and again... :24:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Just wonderful, Joe! I appreciate you! God bless you today... :emot-questioned:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

So let me get this straight: god created man in his own image. What does that mean? We look like god or is our likeness more deep, more intellectual in nature? Someone else already claimed that god imbued us with a moral code so the claim being that we have gods moral code, yet we don't have the same ability to understand logic and reasoning? Did god give us flawed logic and reasoning? Is gods logic and reasoning different than ours? How do we function in the world with flaws that effect everything we do from communication with each other to judging the distance to the car in front of us?

In what way(s) are we created in gods image?

GodlessHeathen,

In the image of God

God is Spirit. God created Adam and Eve in His own image by indwelling or living inside us. They would have some of the attributes of God, but still be human. That is what God meant by "in His image". Adam and Eve sinned and God could no longer dwell inside Adam and Eve. Therefore Adam and Eve and all their children were no longer in the image of God. Jesus Christ came to show the world that God could once again dwell in mankind and be as close to possible "in the image of God" or showing the attributes of God, that God beforehand says are the image He accepts. More on this subject later.

Logic given by God

Logic is given by God the Holy Spirit in different degrees. Some of His creation more, some less. If we as mankind continue to mature in the faith, then He promises to give us more understanding of what is needed to have eternal life in His image, not just eternal logic. In the world today we see all kinds of troubles. God says he will take care of it in his own time. We keep bring troubles upon ourselves until then logic or no logic.

Not that this is measured by how we use this knowledge, understanding and wisdom. After all Lucifer was the top angel with the most knowledge, understanding and wisdom in God's creation and he fell and became Satan. Adam and Eve were the most perfect humans at one time but fell.

Since the beginning, mankind, NOT God, has been seeking more in worldly understanding or logic. All they will find is worldly logic. So don't be surprised. If they truly searched for Godly understanding, then they will find that. Yes of coarse the two different kinds of logic sometimes agree and sometimes do not. Worldly logic is not flawed in itself, but when used to measure Godly things, to me, it is like measuring a highway with a thermometer. It is just the wrong tool.

So what am I saying? It is that you should not be so concerned about the worldly logic of things you see. Be more concerned about the things you don't see. Like a man walking in the dark. If he knows a wall is there he can hold out his hand, but if he doesn't know about the hole in the floor he will fall.

In what ways are we created in God's image

I believe you are asking for particular examples also, so here they are.

We are in God's image only if we portray the image He says he wants us to look like. In other words it may not be what you think it should look like or be. One qualification is that we have to become Holy Spirit filled again to do that.

I know some people can look like they are showing some of the image of God and not really have His Spirit in them. This is like a person can drive without a license. God can see the truly Spirit filled people and will not be fooled.

God says we are in His image if we;

1. Do His (will).

2. Portray the fruit of the Holy Spirit.

3. Obey His commandments.

Like Jesus Christ said, 'I always do whatever my Father says'. Jesus was the perfect image of God as a man that can be achieved by mortal mankind. This is the image of God that is meant. That was one point of God the Son becoming a man. To show us what this image means and how to regain it.

The logos or image of God begins in Hebrews 5:11-6:8. In the Greek language it says this is the logos or image of Jesus Christ the logos or image of God. This is just the beginning mind you. Then on to maturity or to become in the complete image of God that He wants us to be.

Edited by thepreacher

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

In God's plane of existence 1+1+1=1 for him alone not his creation. Remember that I believe God invented logic for us. Your logic applies to everything but God himself. In your plane of existence, or His creation 1+1+1=3. The reason it doesn't match to you is because you are looking at apples and God is talking about oranges. The existence of God is not limited to your math or logic. I cannot give you that understanding.

If, in this plane of reality, God is really three gods, but in his plane of reality, he is one god... then it is false to say he is one god here, but true to say he is one god if you are in that plane. Make sense?

If you say that God transcends logic, that means God can't exist where this logic does apply. If God exists in two planes, that means that both plane's logic applies. The one which is right at the time depends on what plane you are describing God from.

So what does it matter if you don't believe in God anyway. If you believed in Him, it would be because you believed in Him not his math or logic. If you just needed an excuse not to believe. You really don't need one. If you just like to talk to people there are many things to talk about. Help me out, why are you here?

I responded to this in another thread since I thought it was too far off of the OP's topic.

http://www.worthyboards.com/index.php?showtopic=51872

ethical.atheist,

Thank you for the insight into what you are trying to search out. I only thought it would be helpful in answering questions on this topic.

I believe that God has existed forever and ever where at all times. God is in every plane. We are the aliens coming in after the fact! His logic existed before we came around and is perfect. Man's job is to try and match your logic to God's not the other way around. If your logic fails you in defining God, then your use of logic is the problem, not God's who created perfect logic in the first place.

The only way for a person to understand is for a teacher to instruct them in these matters. The only teacher that can do this is someone sent by God to teach them. But, people can't hear the preacher unless the Holy Spirit interprets what is being said to them. They have to wait until they are called by God the Holy Spirit.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Content Count:  167
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

If your logic fails you in defining God, then your use of logic is the problem [...]
Or... God doesn't exist? :emot-eek:

Sorry about all of this, but I have a lot of questions.

God is Spirit.
What? What IS spirit? Isn't God just God and that is it?

God created Adam and Eve in His own image by indwelling or living inside us.
So he ate the apple too?

They would have some of the attributes of God, but still be human.
Well since God invented the attributes which we call human, that would mean that humans would have some attributes of God and some flawed stuff God decided to add/remove.

Adam and Eve sinned and God could no longer dwell inside Adam and Eve.
What!?!? I thought God can do anything!

Therefore Adam and Eve and all their children were no longer in the image of God.
So we aren't in the image of God?

Jesus Christ came to show the world that God could once again dwell in mankind and be as close to possible "in the image of God" or showing the attributes of God, that God beforehand says are the image He accepts.
Again! Can't God just do whatever he wants?

continued...

Edited by ethical.atheist

After all Lucifer was the top angel with the most knowledge, understanding and wisdom in God's creation and he fell and became Satan.
So... the one who knows the most about the world decides to rebel against God?

Since the beginning, mankind, NOT God, has been seeking more in worldly understanding or logic. All they will find is worldly logic. So don't be surprised. If they truly searched for Godly understanding, then they will find that.
Just like if you seached for the invisible pink unicorn, you might find that?

Be more concerned about the things you don't see. Like a man walking in the dark. If he knows a wall is there he can hold out his hand, but if he doesn't know about the hole in the floor he will fall.
What does this mean? What does the hole represent? What does the wall? Why are we in the dark. Can't God just give us his logic so that it would be easier to understand him, and thus, easier to believe/love him?

We are in God's image only if we portray the image He says he wants us to look like. In other words it may not be what you think it should look like or be. One qualification is that we have to become Holy Spirit filled again to do that.
To do what?

1. Do His (will).
I would most likely do his will if I believed he existed and believed that what I was told was actually his will.

2. Portray the fruit of the Holy Spirit.
He wants me to have the holy spirit's child?

3. Obey His commandments.
How do we know that commands we are given are from God and not a fellow man?

:emot-eek:

Question: Did a serpent literally speak to Eve?

I have a point in asking, but must ask first in order to make the point. The question is for both believers and non-believers.

Well... as a non-believer, I don't think there was an Eve, apple, talking snake, Adam or God.

Edit:I had a fun image which related to this, but I guess images are turned off or something.

Edited by ethical.atheist

So there is a book that uses the words Adam and Eve to tell the tale of the first man and woman who lived in a natural paradise where they had no concept of things like being naked for example, and when the serpent (universal ancient symbol of evil) talked to the woman and convinced her that she would be like a god if she ate from a tree of knowledge of good and evil, you can't even see that as possibly a story that accurately reflects mankind's rise above the animal kingdom through natural selection?
:o I must be missing something. You know that this thread is about the holy spirit/trinity, right?