• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

If you consider this a "basic right" of these twisted, perverted criminals, then your views do scare me- and not because you may happen to be an atheist or not. Either way, it wouldn't matter.

[...]

I'm actually sitting here in pure disbelief that I am engaging in conversation with someone who feels that these people have a "right" to pursue their pleasures.

Please tell me I'm wrong, ok? Because if I'm correct, you should at least change your screen name to anything but "Ethical". Atheist.

Wow... Well you certainly misunderstand me. I guess it comes from my point of view. See... I don't think that my point of view should decide the actions of others unless their actions hurt me or someone else.

In this situation, it is absolutely obvious to me that sex with a minor is wrong and I see no way it could ever be considered otherwise. However, if these individuals would like to try to convince me otherwise, they have every right to do so. If they have the opinion that I am wrong... that is their right to have that opinion. Remember that we cannot jail people for their improper thoughts.

Just as any citizen who feels that the law has impeded their rights, they should be able to appeal to the government/majority of citizens. The fact that it would never fly is irrelevant. So long as they have not broken the law, they have their rights.

Again... what does this have to do with atheism?

Firstly, it doesn't have much to do with atheism at all, and I thought I made that point clear several times when I first brought up NAMBLA in this thread. I first brought them up as an example of how far society has fallen if it allows groups like this any form of legal "right" to exist. I then stated that I did not make, nor imply, any connection to this group and atheism, nor that atheists in general support something like this.

Hopefully, that should clear up any matter concerning why that group was first brought up in this thread.

Now, I'm glad that you cleared up this point:

In this situation, it is absolutely obvious to me that sex with a minor is wrong and I see no way it could ever be considered otherwise.

Thank you so much! My Spider-Sense just went back down a few notches.

I understand your point when you say that a group like this should have rights to try to convince us about their positions, I just don't agree with it.

My bad, I reckon.

In my mind, a group like this should not have the right to do what they do. In days past, a group like this would have been watched and monitored. These are the very people we are trying to protect our children from. They are the reason why we tell our children not to accept candy from strangers, and not to walk alone at night. These are the very people that we should not be allowing into our schools as teachers or coaches or Boy Scout Leaders.

These are the very people who would try to convince us that we are wrong in our assumptions that sex between them and little boys is wrong. These people are trying to change laws so that they can molest little boys legally.

In my opinion, they deserve no such "rights", nor do they deserve anything but a trip to the pen for the rest of their lives. I'm not trying to regulate their thoughts at all, nor am I trying to jail them for having these thoughts. What I am trying to do (actively) is see them to jail for acting on these thoughts in the form of molestation of little boys. They cross the line when they act out their desires on the children in the form of sexual perversion of the physical nature.

Now, we have many laws against having sex with minors. You can see the stories on MSNBC dealing with catching people who try to trap under aged females through the internet and then see how they get prosecuted based in the clear evidence that they tried to have sex with minors. It's clear that this activity is wrong and should be stopped, and now you say that a group that advocates sex with under aged boys should have it's "rights" to convince us that we are wrong?

In my opinion, with hundreds of laws to back it up, these people should have no right to their ways and should not be able to waltz into court to state their cases. I could care less about what they would have to say. Their ways are sick, disgusting, perverted, illegal, immoral, criminal, and wrong in so many other ways. Sure, let them have their say, but let them say it from behind bars, or from the gallows just before the floor drops from underneath their feet.

But, as a Christian, I reckon I would be for the idea of giving them a few minutes to see if they would like to make things right with the Lord before the rope was slipped over their heads. :emot-handshake:

So no, I do not agree that these people who molest our children should be afforded the rights to argue their points. I simply do not care one spit about what their rights may be. If they are caught in this activity, and found guilty in a fair trial, there's not a whole lot of what would come out of their mouths that I could imagine being interested in.

They can take their rights with them to hell, when they go, for all I care.

Thanks,

t.

PS- Billie, in the case of NAMBLA, it's not our daughters we have to worry about, but our sons. :noidea:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

PS- Billie, in the case of NAMBLA, it's not our daughters we have to worry about, but our sons. ;)

God forbid. :noidea: I'll be lifting everyone a part of this organization up in prayer.

What a state this world is in when one can believe people like this should be given an audience to "change someone's mind". Just the possibility of someone thinking their mind mind could be changed by this sickness is mind-boggling to me.

This is anything but "ethical". EA, you must certainly not have any children. If you did, I can't believe you would even entertain these people's sick notions.

:emot-handshake: This is so sad.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

To all:

Look, I kinda steered this thread away from it's original concept by unwittingly introducing NAMBLA into the mix. It was done to serve as an example of a side point during a conversation a few pages ago, and seems to be a distraction away from the intent of the thread.

For this, I apologize.

I can't say much more about the group to shed anymore light on my opinion of it. For me, it's all been said.

If anyone desires to continue the topic, please PM me for further discussion or simply start another thread dealing with the topic and I'll join you there. In fairness to the OP and the general direction of this thread, I will not post anything else about the group in this thread in the hopes that the thread can get back on track with it's original intent.

Have a great night.

t.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  167
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

If anyone desires to continue the topic, please PM me for further discussion or simply start another thread dealing with the topic and I'll join you there. In fairness to the OP and the general direction of this thread, I will not post anything else about the group in this thread in the hopes that the thread can get back on track with it's original intent.

Darn..., when I finally get a chance to get online to defend myself. I wonder if we can have a moderator break this one off. I can't PM, so can someone else ask?

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

You can start a new thread. :emot-fail:

As an atheist, I worry about the distrust and fear that some theists have for atheists. Because of this, I want to ask a general question.

What is it about atheism or the atheist that you find frightening or damaging to society?

I have included some information that theists and atheists alike might find interesting about the fear and discrimination in America.

According to a study done by the Sociology department at the University of Minnesota, the atheist is America's most distrusted minority.

From a telephone sampling of more than 2,000 households, university researchers found that Americans rate atheists below Muslims, recent immigrants, gays and lesbians and other minority groups in

IMO, we should not be afraid of an atheist. Weren't we all without God in our lives at some point (and still there are times i abandon God to follow my own path-either carelessly or on purpose). We are called to preach the gospel to all--i would assume that this also includes those who chose not to believe in the Almighty as well as those who have never heard of Him.

I believe that, if the Lord really wants someone to come to Him, there is no way to ultimately resist Him. (uh,oh, am i getting into Calvin v. Arm. here?).

I had a very good friend who was a good, compassionate man, but who believed in only what his own intelligence could fathom as opposed to the existence of God. I pray for him still (although not every day, as i should). i told him, and i believe it, that when God is ready for him to convert, just watch out. I have faith that the Lord can do anything, including calling an atheist into belief.

I am more frightened of those who turn Christianity to their own profit and, in the process, discourage or alienate young or passive believers and discredit the church of Christ in the eyes of the world.

But i do believe that, ultimately, all is in God's hands. He puts people in my way for a reason. if He puts an atheist in my life, there is something i need to learn/do in that situation. it's up to me to listen, pray and search for that purpose.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  167
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

You can start a new thread. :24:

I'd much rather have all of the previous material come with... you know... so it doesn't need to be repeated.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.26
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Heathen,

Ted, this whole thing about nambla is nothing short of a strawman. You and I both know that regardless of this groups existence or lobbying no law will ever be passed to allow adults to have sex with minors, let alone homosexual sex. Stop being ridiculous by using this argument as if it were valid. and stop using it in a discussion about atheists. Thank you.

Tell that to the Swedes.

They legalized Homosexual Marriage first like Ten years ago. The First nation to do so. Last I heard there was a serious movement by some people to legalize NAMBLA type activity. It actually had the backing of some in the society. <_< Of course it's all Relative. :24:

It's not a fall far down once your at the bottom of morality. The next step to more evil will be easier after the first letting go.

Peace,

Dave

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  819
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Grace to you,

Heathen,

Ted, this whole thing about nambla is nothing short of a strawman. You and I both know that regardless of this groups existence or lobbying no law will ever be passed to allow adults to have sex with minors, let alone homosexual sex. Stop being ridiculous by using this argument as if it were valid. and stop using it in a discussion about atheists. Thank you.

Tell that to the Swedes.

They legalized Homosexual Marriage first like Ten years ago. The First nation to do so. Last I heard there was a serious movement by some people to legalize NAMBLA type activity. It actually had the backing of some in the society. :b: Of course it's all Relative. :wub:

It's not a fall far down once your at the bottom of morality. The next step to more evil will be easier after the first letting go.

Peace,

Dave

:wub:

If we don't stand up for morality, who will?