IGNORED

What makes an atheist so scary

ethical.atheist

Our nation wasn't founded on Christianity..most of famous founding fathers hated Christianity and our nation in no small debt owes its existence to a French atheist
where did you come up with that nonsense?

:(:24::24:

Forgot To Do His Homework Again Do He

Why The Rage

"Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,

Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.

I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.

Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.

Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him" Psalms 2

:)

The Gospel Really Needs No Defense

"For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:

But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God" 1 Corinthians 1:22-24

Because It Is God's Work

"Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men" 1 Corinthians 1:25

Man Has But To Believe

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God" John 3:16-18

As Atheists Bluster

"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39

We'll Weep For A Season

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.

He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him." Psalms 126:5-6

And Rejoice In His Holy Name Evermore

"Glory ye in his holy name: let the heart of them rejoice that seek the LORD" 1 Chronicles 16:10

:)

Dear Unbeliever

May The Holy Spirit Soften Your Heart

May The Heavenly Father Give You Eyes To See

May The Lord Jesus Christ Give You Ears To Hear His Word

Be Blessed Beloved

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Joe

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  47
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

As an atheist, I worry about the distrust and fear that some theists have for atheists. Because of this, I want to ask a general question.

What is it about atheism or the atheist that you find frightening or damaging to society?

Would you like a list?

Just keeping you on your toes.

First inregards to your poll, people have a right to their opinion and you shouldn't be bothered by a poll. Would you as an atheist allow your daughter to marry a Christian? I as a Christian would not be bothered if you answered in the negative.

Why do you think that state constitutions conflict with 1st admendment rights? Don't the people have a right to decide the morals of who serves in government at the local, state and even federal levels?

Anyway I have been told by many an atheist that atheism isn't a religion so therefore you have no case on which to sue. :thumbsup:

Edited by HopesDaughter

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  47
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Well my question made a better point. I would like to ask the atheist that started this thread how he would have answered the question and yes I do believe parents have a right to advise their children on who to marry atheists included. Homey don't play the race card.

Why do you always think you are the exception to the rule when it comes to morals? Both you and I know our world veiws lead to very different choices about things. There are atheists who are very good people and act more decent than some Christians. I am related to one.

Don't know what your bald statement means.

I will be back on my faith science thread tomorrow. Tired of forums.

Edited by HopesDaughter

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  05/24/1986

The atheist do not believe a God therefore they do not believe in heaven or hell. Therefore if you die you dead! :noidea:

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

The only proof is the Bible, which you probably don't believe is true. So let me turn this around, what proof is there that there is not?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

The only proof is the Bible, which you probably don't believe is true. So let me turn this around, what proof is there that there is not?

The only proof that I have that when people die they are dead is that everyone I know who has died is still dead. I've never seen or heard from them again. That seems like proof to me. Anything other than that is pure speculation or wishful thinking, but NO proof.

I dunno.....Do you regularly dig up their graves to see that they are all still there? Seems to me that your proof they are still dead is somewhat circumstantial.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

The only proof that I have that when people die they are dead is that everyone I know who has died is still dead. I've never seen or heard from them again. That seems like proof to me. Anything other than that is pure speculation or wishful thinking, but NO proof.

That is my point also. We can not see the spirit, which does live after death, in my belief. Because of this, it is by faith that I believe in Jesus and by faith that you do not. In other words, I have faith that Jesus is the Lord and Savior and you have faith in what you believe. We both have faith, just in different ways.

As for the bodies, they will not be resurrected until He returns! In Matthew 27:51-53, we read:

Then, behold, the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom; and the earth quaked, and the rocks were split, and the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised; 53 and coming out of the graves after His resurrection, they went into the holy city and appeared to many.

Does this mean that it will happen again? I don't know, but it did happen once.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

I dunno.....Do you regularly dig up their graves to see that they are all still there? Seems to me that your proof they are still dead is somewhat circumstantial.

No, do you ever see or hear from people who've died in the past? And I don't mean "hear them in your mind." I mean like at the grocery store. Since I don't, and I saw them put down into the ground, then I suppose they are still there.

But you really don't know for sure, do you? So then you exercise a kind of faith based upon evidence. Christians do the same thing, with the exception that the evidence is based upon subjective experience. Faith.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

An atheist is in a better position Than a christian who turns his/her back on God/Jesus. ;)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

No...that is Gods point of view. I died went to heaven and came back...no drug induced hallucinations either... i was left to die and did so.