• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

I do not know what you might mean by 'proof.' Do you mean 'evidence?' I can provide evidence, but certainly not proof, in the technical sense of the word. I would be quite hard-pressed to 'prove' my own existence.............

Good point, Let me change it to evidence, :whistling:

It was not a limitation on God to demand faith from His children.He could logically have decided to every morning manifest himself in the sky for creation to know He exist.God is not proving anything and does not want his children proving anything.

hello there... I do know from being around enough dying people that something is occurring long before the heart ceases to beat. I have seen and heard that exasperated sigh of relief leave while the body still has a pulse and no blood pressure and one just knows the spirit is gone... The body does weigh more after death... and I am not just talking about the solidification of fluids and organ weight, nor rigor mortis either. But is it also the soul that goes.. as well, where is the personality of the person. patricia :)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not know what you might mean by 'proof.' Do you mean 'evidence?' I can provide evidence, but certainly not proof, in the technical sense of the word. I would be quite hard-pressed to 'prove' my own existence.............

Good point, Let me change it to evidence, :thumbsup:

It was not a limitation on God to demand faith from His children.He could logically have decided to every morning manifest himself in the sky for creation to know He exist.God is not proving anything and does not want his children proving anything.

hello there... I do know from being around enough dying people that something is occurring long before the heart ceases to beat. I have seen and heard that exasperated sigh of relief leave while the body still has a pulse and no blood pressure and one just knows the spirit is gone... The body does weigh more after death... and I am not just talking about the solidification of fluids and organ weight, nor rigor mortis either. But is it also the soul that goes.. as well, where is the personality of the person. patricia :39:

1 thess 5:23 man is a spirit has a soul and lives in a body.The soul basically is where the intelligence,emotion and will of man are. we are held accontable to our existence on earth because our spirit occupies our soul where the intelligence and will are. Definately wewill recall everything done in the human body that is why we will be held accountable to it,cause we will have vivid recollection of it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

1 thess 5:23 man is a spirit has a soul and lives in a body.The soul basically is where the intelligence,emotion and will of man are. we are held accontable to our existence on earth because our spirit occupies our soul where the intelligence and will are. Definately wewill recall everything done in the human body that is why we will be held accountable to it,cause we will have vivid recollection of it.

Amen, so true! :39:Welcome to Worthy! :thumbsup:

Guest thejjman

Can anyone provide evidence there is, or is not a spirit.

If you're asking for phyical evidence.....I'm gonna have to say there is none.

Because the spirit is not phsical or even matter.

Edited by thejjman

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

You want evidence? Maybe proof. lets see. man is comprised of Body, soul, spirit.

Body we know, its a shell to contain the soul and spirit.

Soul is the very essence of who we are, our thoughts, memories, desires.

Spirit is the indwelling of God or satan.

One such proof is where you have the husband who beats his wife, carouses with all the whores in town, steals, lies ect and develops a reputation as such around town.

Then one day he recieves christ, and changes 180 degrees, where he stops beating his wife, stops cheating, stealing lying, ect

That takes place on the spirit level.

The spirit holds love, hate, joy, sorrow, those type things. It also is the driving force to change what we do in our life.

The spirit and soul are closely linked together in that what the spirit is, so is the soul! If we hate, our soul will have hate in it, dark thoughts, evil thoughts, and our soul if it is in that state will work to satisfy its desires through our body or the flesh.

Same thing if our spirit is of God, it will directly affect the soul which affects the body.

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  05/27/1981

I can sure give you something that might help. http://www.awmi.net/extra/audio/1027

Listen to these four series. It explains Spirit, Soul, Body very well :thumbsup:

walking in victory

• 1 month later...
Guest brothertom
I know first handedly, we are all born with a spirit.

Do you have physical evidence of that fact?

Is there something you can pick up and say "this is proof"?

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Have you ever had you 'heart' broken or hurt? Have you ever been hurt or disappointed in a way where it affected you in a deeper way than normal. That is your spirit. I say 'your spirit', but we ARE spirit. But to say it understandably, that is your spirit being hurt, or aka that is 'you' hurting.

On the flip side of the coin: Have you ever been so relieved or happy or blessed that it affected you in a deeper way than just in your thoughts? That too is spirit/you being affectted.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  03/15/1966

My 13 year old daughter lost her right foot aa little over 2 years ago she was 10 at the time..The night of the surgery the Dr.s said that that night was the WORST for pain....

She had us pushing her hospital bed all over the Shriners, Greenville SC and she was on a Dilitud (sp) pump and oral pain medication NOTHING they were giving her was helping with the pain....she was in tears and very loud and this went on for at LEAST 2-3 hours I KNOW that the staff was made a nervous wreck because of how VOCAL and LOUD pookie was over the pain. THEN she suddenly became quiet...it was so sudden that we all thought something was wrong (she also has febrile seizures and we thought she made herself SO upset that she had a seizure) We all 'jumped' to see her face and see what happened.....THE MOST BEAUTIFUL EXPRESSION THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN WAS ON HER FACE. ALL the nurses saw this (they have known her her entire life as well) ....The very picture of perfect peace and love was on that child's face....She told us all that she could NOT take the pain ANYMORE ans she asked JESUS to hold her hand and help her....THEN she said that she felt HIS presence and then she fels her ...HOLY SPIRIT FOOT (the description that people SAY is phantom) She said that JESUS said to her ...This is your comfort....JESUS HIMSELF tells us that we ARE indeed made of body AND spirit....POOKIE had PROOF of all we had taught her because she said to me..."Mom remember you telling us that Paul wrote that we are made of body and spirit and they are seperate...WELL I have my HOLY SPIRIT FOOT and I KNOW HE IS REAL!!!! I often wonder WHY people seek perfection in this OLD body that will grow old and perish...when we should use this old body to make our spirits as perfect as we can get...get our REAL body ready for the coming of the KING....I dont want to improve the old I want to improve the NEW. As pookie said she has proof that we are indeed made of body and spirit. And just as HE said HE woulod HE sent the COMFORTOR down to lift a little girl up and give her peace, love faith, joy, hope and deliverance..AMEN

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  220
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  12/28/1966

Oh there's lots of spirits...

especially down at the local liquor store.

:thumbsup: