• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Can anyone provide evidence there is, or is not a spirit.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

I do not know what you might mean by 'proof.' Do you mean 'evidence?' I can provide evidence, but certainly not proof, in the technical sense of the word. I would be quite hard-pressed to 'prove' my own existence.............

I do not know what you might mean by 'proof.' Do you mean 'evidence?' I can provide evidence, but certainly not proof, in the technical sense of the word. I would be quite hard-pressed to 'prove' my own existence.............

Good point, Let me change it to evidence, :)

Would the statements of Jesus count as evidence?

Very much so, as long as why, is provided, I mean prophecies answered through out the whole bible with Jesus, can coun't yes, But what does he have to say about Us having a spirit?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,580
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/13/1960

Good point, Let me change it to evidence, :whistling:

There is proof of body. I believe we are much more than our body as we are soul and spirit. I am evidence that my body and soul used to fight with my spirit due mainly to worldly views and perspectives. But today, the Spirit is alive and rules! The only proof that our Spirit becomes alive by our re-birth is the transformation in a person. Even then proof is based on Faith from the individuals perspective and internal change which usually is manifested externally. My proof is my evidence of internal change and growth but not proof to anyone else unless they too have gone through their own re-birth and transformation. This is why fellowship is so important because we know what experienced is real and proof enough for us which is faith but others who have not experienced such a a change cannot understand that this is proof. Does this make sense?

I remember shortly after I became born again, I was driving with several others to a 3 day retreat in the mountains and by the beach with many members of our church. Which we did often and was always so awesome. But we were talking and I was simply amazed that we had such a connection because we had all been through the experience. That may sound trival to some but to be born again of the Spirit and to share that as a new babe in Christ was mind blowing!!! :thumbsup:

As it says in my signature... I am evidence :taped:

AMen, cjrose that was an awesome post, Praise the Lord :whistling:

Very much so, as long as why, is provided, I mean prophecies answered through out the whole bible with Jesus, can coun't yes, But what does he have to say about Us having a spirit?

Ah! Now you have changed the game! You were asking originally if spirits existed. Now you are asking for evidence of a human spirit.

Well, off the top of my head, I can't get a quote from Jesus, and I don't think the ancients made the sharp distinction most moderns like to make between the spirit and the soul. But I can tell you that Paul says "No man understands the things of a man, save the spirit of a man that is in him." And several blessings are given the New Testament blessing 'spirit, and soul, and body....'

ok, ok , everyone seems confused, Let me start.

I am convinced I have a spirit, Growing up, I have always been spiritual, but had no grounds to what I was following, I found various forms of spiritualism, Wicca, Witchcraft, Demonism, which, empowered my spirit, .. to what I thought was growing in spirit, but tragicly ended in bondage, and pain. The spiritual side which I desired to know, turned into the side that I wish I never knew, I was saved by the grace of the Lord, He called me one night, I got in a fight with him shouting question after question, well the next day I went to church, and the preacher mentioned every question I asked in order, I was convicted, I gave my life to Jesus March 2003, and have not been the same since, Jesus was my spiritual awakening, I realized that everything I was following was my visible spiritual destruction, and Jesus Christ is freedom from that bondage? WHy, because I deserved it? No not at all, by his grace, Why? because he loves me, he loves me enough to give his life for me, so that I wouldn't die, he payed the price for my sins. Now as far as supernatural things. Yes I have seen alot and been through alot, I know first handedly, we are all born with a spirit.