• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/26/1950

I've had lots of problems with anger. One thing that helps me is that I know anger can cause migraine headaches. That's a steep price to pay for temper! Also, if anger goes unchecked it can lead to hostility, which I really don't need.

I stay away from evil people. I pray for others a lot. I consider my own occasional stupidity before I allow myself to get too perturbed at what other people do.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whenever you feel this anger coming on, start praying. You don't have to stop what you're doing ( unless of course you're pounding someone into the ground ) you don't have to get on your knees, it doesn't matter, God will hear you.

Ask Him to fill you with the Spirit of peace. Ask Him to take away your anger. Ask Him to take the object of your anger out of your head. Ask Him to harden your heart to these feelings of anger. Ask Him for the Spirit of comfort. Just simply ask Him. Talk to Him like you would talk to your best friend. It doesn't matter where you are or what you're doing, His ears are always open to your prayers.

If your heart is honest and you ask these things in Jesus name, He will answer.

Guest lovinghim4ever

I know EXACTLY what you are going through.

I use to have such a problem with anger, but God has truly calmed me down.

Because of that anger I was angry with myself all the time. And, when a person is angry with themselves they usually can't see straight enough to get help. However, as someone has already very wisely pointed out, the first step to overcoming a problem is admitting that there is a problem. You are on the right track. :wub:

I know it is easier said than done sometimes, but the best help is to keep your eyes on God. He loves you; no matter what.

I am praying for you. :wub:

:wub:

Guest lovinghim4ever
Whenever you feel this anger coming on, start praying. You don't have to stop what you're doing ( unless of course you're pounding someone into the ground ) you don't have to get on your knees, it doesn't matter, God will hear you.

Ask Him to fill you with the Spirit of peace. Ask Him to take away your anger. Ask Him to take the object of your anger out of your head. Ask Him to harden your heart to these feelings of anger. Ask Him for the Spirit of comfort. Just simply ask Him. Talk to Him like you would talk to your best friend. It doesn't matter where you are or what you're doing, His ears are always open to your prayers.

If your heart is honest and you ask these things in Jesus name, He will answer.

:wub::wub:

Great advice!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Pray about it, when you get angery meditate on his word, try to remember scripture, and calm yourself, this is somthing I'm dealing with now, the only solution I could find is to pray about it, and keep seeking the Lord, It's important to surrender it to Jesus, because if you harbor it, you know as well as I do it will get worse, let it go in prayer, and another thing taht really helped me, Be thankful, when your angery thank God for everything you have, everything he's blessed you with. Much love in Christ. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  880
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

James tells us to confess our faults and we will be healed. So like the others I am taking for granted that you have already started down the road to complete deliverance from rage and anger.

As stated by another poster seeking to forgive people in your past is one of your greatest steps to releasing anger. Also as we realize our need for people to forgive us for our sins then we are able to more easily forgive others. I have hurt people in the past many times over. This realization makes me desire to forgive others. In fact it is a joy to forgive when we consider our own need for forgiveness. Anger dissapates in the face of forgiveness.

Also you are probably dealing with some demonic oppression. You can resist the evil one and he will depart from you. As you attempt to turn from anger say out loud to Satan that you are resisting him in the Name of Jesus and as you resist the anger and the oppression from the enemy he will flee. He must. According to the Word of God he must flee as you resist him by doing what is right and standing on the Word of God.

And be thankful. Thank God on a continual basis for strengthening you and delivering you and coming through for you. ACCEPT the fact that you are a delivered man. Thank him that you are doing better on a consistent basis. As you move in faith and such thanksgiving is an indicator of faith you will go forward.

Blessings.........many of us have been there and it is amazing what the LORD has done for us, in us, and through us. He is doing the same for you!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Thanks again for the brotherhood. I am really focusing on being more patient with others and trying to calmly assess the situation. I have returned to weight-lifting as a means to relieve some stress and agression, but prayer-training will be my emphasis!

• 5 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Thank you for your inspirational words. I continue to struggle, but never lose hope.

It is a good opportunity to pray for others when we face such trials in the knowledge that no temptation has befallen us that is not common to man.
:noidea:

:P