IGNORED

Im dying inside! How do you live life?!... Literally?

"Do what you want, do what feels right" and "Do what God tells you to do" are two completely different things.

"Do what feels right" is a hippie thing from like the 60's, and its also on the paper cups you get when you go buy a meal at wendy's, "Do what tastes/feels right..."

The best advice christians can give boils down to following a wendy's marketing campaign?

Do you want to show me where I said "Do what feels right"? I wish you would because I don't see it.

As for what you want....this is not about you.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Jesus has come to set us free. Not to enslave us to new rules and regulations. Enter the glorious liberty of the children of God.

Enjoy life, only stay away from the things the word of God expressly warns against and you will be well.

willi

What would you like to do?

Forget about what everyone else said.

What do you want to do?

If you wish, you can PM your answer.

What we "want" to do isn't a very reliable guide now is it? I "want" to do a lot of things that sure seem to be "good" things, and even seem to be biblical things, but that doesn't always mean I should do them.

You know what I want? I want to KNOW I did the right thing. I want to know I'm making a right decision. Not "think" or "feel" or "guess" I did right. Not roll some dice and hope the right number comes up.

Do you question each and every decision you make?

If you never make a mistake you will never learn anything. If you put off making a decision because it might not be the right one, you will never learn anything.

We learn by our mistakes. The more mistakes you make, the more you learn. The more you learn, the less mistakes you will make.

If you want to know if you're making the right decision, you'll have to make that decision and see what happens. Because if you don't ever make that decision you will never know. You will continue to sit there in fear and wonder...what if?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,316
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/01/1970

Then your quarrel isn't with anyone here who cant give you the answers you're looking for, but with God and His Word. :)

No, not at all a "quarrel" with God. I dont' understand what is going on, but I dont "blame" God. Actually I was hoping, as was Daughter of King obviously, that someone actually could tell me something useful that actually agrees with scripture. I was hoping someone had godly advice instead of their own oppinion, or the typical "pray more" sort of stuff. I was hoping someone could honestly show from the Bible what I've done wrong, or something "right" that I am not doing, but none of you has so far.

How are you supposed to advise me or Daughter of King, when you people can't even agree with scripture on how God leads and speaks to people? I've shown 4 scriptural examples that show that if God "leads" someone, or answers a prayer for Godly wisdom and what they are supposed to do, they know exactly what he wants them to do after he answers. you didnt even see david go start fighting and then start praying. No, he didn't even go to war at all till he knew exactly what God wanted him to do. I can show probably several dozen more if you need them. To the point of giving people specific instruction to go to such and such a city and talk to a specific person, and so on.

Build the Ark with these exact dimensions Noah. Wow, trial and error would have been a truly "faithful" act in that situation. Can you imagine if God hadn't give the specific dimensions, and instead Noah came up with 50 designs and said, "Lord, I'm out of time, so I hope I guess the right one of these diagrams when I start to build the thing, that is, if any of them are right..." What do you think would have happened?

Or what would have happened if God didn't tell moses how the high priest was to prepare to enter the holy place? Can you imagine if he had to "guess" what he was supposed to do? "Ok, guys, this is our third high priest we lost today, we gotta get this right, God's got to let one of these guys go in there..." But no, God said that Aaron would be the high priest, and he gave specific instructions for washing, clothing, sacrifices, design of the tabernacle, and so on. It wasn't "moses and aaron got lucky and guessed the right design".

God uses exremes in the Bible so that we can learn from them. I have a pretty good assumption that the people in the Bible didn't pray for EVERY decision. Look, the Holy Spirit is at work in us if we're children of God, and He's at work ALL the time. That means, that if we're walking in the Spirit, we'll be PRONE to make the godly choice without a formal prayer moment before we make the decision. Sheesh. Of coarse we seek guidance on the big subjects, as well as the small. But pray BEFORE you go out and make decisions, that the decisions YOU make are guided by the Holy Spirit and not flesh. God isn't going to make up our minds for us. Some things He will let us know some how in a plain manner. Other times, He wants US to use OUR brain that He gave us. Don't you know that the Holy Spirit is with you at all times guiding your life? It's not about guessing, it's about doing. No we're not supposed to have multiple mates, of course, that was a silly thing to say. But, there's nothing wrong with getting to know someone who you think might be a good match and all the while asking God for guidance.

Man, if we get into it like that, we'd be praying of what we should be eating for breakfast and what kind of utensils we'd be using. Golly. No, God doesn't want us to be that way, that's bondage. HE's freed us from bondage. Being a slave to righeousness isn't the same as living in fear that if you need to BE SURE all the time that you're making a godly choice by praying for every single thing we do.

This is a little distubing to me. People who finally realize that it's not some kind of leash-type of relationship we have with the Lord often has a hard time healing from that.

God bless

THank you!

Do you question each and every decision you make?

Actually yeah, I pretty much do. Because I could be doing something wrong, and not know it. I could be making a poor decision and not realize it. Obviously it has happened a lot because else I wouldn't be here having this discussion with you.

An example, I often wonder if I was ever supposed to try to go to college to begin with. I often wonder whether I had to drop out because it really wasn't what I was supposed to be doing to begin with, or whether it was because of poor decisions I made while I was there. I changed my major every semester. I had no clue what I was even doing there. I know I made some poor ones while I was in school, but it could be I wasn't supposed to be there at all. See below, but by and large I still don't know where I've went wrong, so how can I supposedly learn from mistakes? I played the lottery just like you people say to do, and I got burned. Plain and simple. I don't get those years back. they are gone forever. I dont get back the years I've spent paying off my loans for those other years either. They too are gone forever. That's what happens when you play the lottery and you buy a thousand tickets and none of them is the winner. You lose everything you would have had even if you didn't play the lottery. That's what happens when you make decisions the way you all keep telling us to go do again, even though we know it doesn't work.

If you never make a mistake you will never learn anything. If you put off making a decision because it might not be the right one, you will never learn anything.

If you keep making wrong decisions you might not live to make the right one, or you will have messed your own life up so bad it doesn't matter anyway by the time you do make a right decision.

We learn by our mistakes. The more mistakes you make, the more you learn. The more you learn, the less mistakes you will make.

Unbiblical.

Psalm 119:98

Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me.

Your versions is:

"My mistakes, have made me wise."

If you want to know if you're making the right decision, you'll have to make that decision and see what happens.

Then wisdom and counsel would be pointless. I can mess up on my own. Don't need any of your help to screw my own life up and make the wrong decisions over and over and hope one day to get it right. Like I said, the world does that. Some of them have hit and missed and seem to have a lot of success, but they have obviously missed the most important thing too, which is finding Jesus. But once again, that is the world's way: Trial and error and "hope" you get it right one day.

Because if you don't ever make that decision you will never know. You will continue to sit there in fear and wonder...what if?

Don't you see that isn't being led by God at all? That is, as I already said, playing the lottery. You buy your ticket, its a loser. "Oh gee, shouldn't have bought that one." then you buy another. Its a loser too, and you're like, "Well, wrong guess again." One day, you finally buy a "winner" and you say, "God led me to this winning ticket." Well, why did you buy all the losers then? If God was leading you, why was all the "money" (i.e. your life) spent on the wrong ones?

So I am sick of the losing ticket in this lottery. I don't want any more losers, so I am not buying losers any more. you can do so if you want to, but that isn't faith and it isn't wisdom, its foolishness.

By your own admission, everything you've ever tried to accomplish has failed. Even now you are afraid to make a decision for fear it could be the wrong one. Perhaps you should seek counseling.

You say my statement is unbiblical. How biblical is it to just sit there and not do anything?

What if Noah, instead of building the Ark, sat in a cave because he was afraid to make a decision?

What if Moses would have sat back and did nothing?

What if the writer's of the New Testament hadn't decided to put pen to paper?

What if Rosa Parks never decided to take that front seat?

What if Martin Luther King never made any of the decisions he made?

What if all the people who brought this country together had decided to do nothing?

Unbiblical? I don't think so. It may not be in the bible but it is a God given ability that I put to practice every day.

The reason you aren't learning from your mistakes is because you're not paying attention to what you're doing.

It has nothing to do with being biblical or unbiblical. You are putting up your own roadblocks and until you figure out how to stop doing that, you will always be the same person you are, in the same situation you are. Nothing will ever change.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

The headache comes from striving. Striving is not something God calls us to do! Just BE! follow after God--"Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and ALL THESE THINGS WILL BE ADDED TO YOU." Be a follower after Jesus, and He will bless you. As you have given over to Him your life, He will fill you up to such a level as you shall overflow with blessings!

Attending a bible study with an eye to finding a mate is not the first priority you should have for such an activity. Go to develop your knowledge of scriptures, finding a deeper relationship with the Lord. In your deep commitment to Him, God will bring you the desire of your heart...when you least expect it!

No more dying inside--wells of life spring out of knowing Jesus!

This is very wise advice. Seeking God first will always bring where you need to be. I love my husband more then my own life, but marriage is not the answer your looking for. I was 30 when I got married and I don't reget waiting. When you put God first He will as His word says add everything else unto you.

HI man. i hopein to share with you a simple truth. "be still and know that he is God" learn to hear from God in the early hours. love God with all your heart and worship him with all your spirit soul and body. it's than you will find his love his joy & his peace.

My prayers are with you

edlyne

HI man. i hopein to share with you a simple truth. "be still and know that he is God" learn to hear from God in the early hours. love God with all your heart and worship him with all your spirit soul and body. it's than you will find his love his joy & his peace.

My prayers are with you

edlyne

It is a simple truth indeed. If more people understood that, half the questions on these boards would never be asked.

Thanks for the prayers. :emot-questioned:

And welcome to Worthy. I think you'll like it here.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Can you all see what you're doing?

Picture this... Two parents are hanging out with their daughter one evening. They're having a good time loving each other, kissing and hugging, playing games and what not. Well, soon enough just like children do, the girl asks their parents a question. One parent asnwer and then the other parent answers. The girl explains what she's done to take their advice from history and then states what condition she's in now. One parent is being sypathetic with the child and the other is being desciplined with her. The two parents start arguing over who is right. Before you know it, the topic of conversation is no longer the concern of their daughter, it has shifted to a point of who's right and who's wrong. They argue heavely and before they know it, the child rushes out the room in tears.

You people have made this conversation about yourselves. When's the last time DoK has replied to anything in this post? And you know what? It was her post to begin with and it was for simple guidance for things she's already been doing, she just need to know how to take the first step, that's all.

Do you not know that you are percieved to some as spiritual "fathers"? Here, if you want some scripture....

1Co 4:15 You may have countless Christian guardians, but you don't have many spiritual fathers. I became your father in the Christian life by telling you the Good News about Christ Jesus.

If you want to argue over who's right or wrong, please do that somewhere else. Sheesh. Someone came seeking help for Next Steps, not a biblical overview and arguing in the mix... Remember,

1Co 4:20 God's kingdom is not just talk, it is power.

Please don't use this time to debate and accidentally use this power in an unedifying manner. It'd be better if you'd settle your matters some where else. I'm sure there are many other threads you can do this in, heck... make your own!

I hope that you can come to some terms. There's a time and place for debate, but just read her topic and post, it wasn't meant for debate. Chill out... please! :emot-questioned:

God bless

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

That's why I stopped checking this thread. :whistling: