• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings All,

A lot of prophets are saying that we should not be getting into this war with Hussein, at least not at this time. They prophecy only disaster if the President goes ahead. I believe we should each be praying that God be the one that chooses and that He anoints His servants to carry it out.

Yours and my best weapons are on our knees because we realize that we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against powers and principalities in heavenly places.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tarrier
On the contrary, Martyr, I believe differently than you. We have no business "liberating" those people. I'm not even sure they WANT to be liberated. They are not people of democracy and have no desire for it. Why should we spend much needed money and man power to do such a thing? Help begins at home - this country was nothing and was made into the best country in the world on our OWN work. Nobody came and helped us. And we have many things right here that need attention. We can't "fix" everyone else when our own society needs fixed. Some Iraqi man was on the news recently telling us we "had" to help the poor Iraqi people. Excuse me. Do the Iraqi's come HERE and fight for the poor innocent victims of the American holocaust that are dying EVERY DAY and liberate them? ? ? ?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  553
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Cat: The high number of Muslims in France have determined France's policy.  Someone told me that Islam has outnumbered the Catholics in France just last year, but I can't verify that. I do know that about 3 years ago, it was neck in neck.

Germany isn't siding with the U.S. because of its historic anti-Semitic past.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  09/20/1965

Help begins at home - this country was nothing and was made into the best country in the world on our OWN work. Nobody came and helped us.

uh...do you think God had anything to do with it?

Our Father who art in heaven hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

How do you think this would be done in heaven?

Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trepasses as we forgive those who have trepassed against us.  :exclaimation:

Matthew 6:14 For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. BUT if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins. Direct quote from Jesus Christ himself.

God's ways are not our ways. I just keep wondering how He would want our attitudes to be about this. And I wonder how many people there will never have the opportunity to hear the gospel because they are laying at the bottom of a human pile we created. Regardless of everything involved these are still Gods children and we as christians don't really need to worry about all these worldly attitudes and who did what when because supposedly we are not of this world. I had this idea that if we as a nation got on our knees and asked God to take care of this, I mean all of us together at one time as a nation in a plea to God. I mean seriously what would happen? If God wanted Saddam out of there could the plea of millions of people just make his heart stop beating. God is the giver of life and can take it away at any moment from any person. So if this is God's will and He truly wants Saddam out of there He really could take care of it at His will. Or is it a test to see the condition of our own hearts, to see where we truly stand as one nation under God? I really don't know because God's ways are not my ways. I just ponder these things at times. So for me I'm just going to have to stand on the sidelines and spend time on my knees praying that the innocents on both sides can be protected and kept out of harms way. I just have this feeling that regardless of all the things that happen in this material realm are not the things God holds near and dear to His heart. It seems more like it is life and how we live it to glorify Him that seems to be important. So many of those people have never heard the gospel of Christ, how do we justify taking away any possibility of that opportunity. God desires that none should perish regardless of where they stand with Him at this present moment. What if instead of going over there with weapons we flooded the country with millions of missionaries, so many that the army couldn't take us all out? How many of us would be willing to go? This of course would never happen, it's just fanciful wishing.

Love in Yeshua

Shilou

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Sorry to burst your bubble shilou God uses human instruments to do his will. Romans 13 says its governments job to restrain evil, and punish evildoers. We Christians that are in favor of a war with Iraq subscribe to just war theory, which is Christian philosophy of Thomas Aquinas, Augustine ect. Look it up on the internet with a google search, and you will get a bunch of hits. That doesn't mean we don't care for the Iraqi people, quite the contrary, we care so much we want to relieve them from this evil murdering dictator.

Hi Lan

My bubble is not burst, I still believe in no war. As far as relieving them of the evil dictator I don't really believe our government cares about that. If our main desire was to help others then humanitarian needs of the world would be in the head lines and on the mouths of all the politicians, but it's not. I do understand that one who is in the military is required by God to follow the orders of the government. But and read the other posts our government is not ordering us to hate others. If your reasonings in your heart are sound and in accord with God thats great. But truly how many Americans really care about all that. A statement like let's nuke em coming from a christian is not a good thing. Nor is it a good thing when a christian comes up with well they did this and that to us. Christ brought a message with him, that covered all the other laws, it was a message of love and that is not the message I'm hearing from the people of America. Each of us needs to look at our heart and see where it stands with the Word. I'm assuming by your post that you like me will be praying for the innocents on both sides of the conflict and that would be the right heart felt attitude. It is just sad to see that not all christians are looking at this from the heart but rather the intellect.

Love in Yeshua

Shilou

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Ok Shilou. Yes, my heart is right on this. I care for the innocents on both sides. Many innocents were killed on 9/11 though, and the government needs to prevent that at all costs from happening again, amen.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

Quote (Work in Progress @ Feb. 11 2003,7:42)

Help begins at home - this country was nothing and was made into the best country in the world on our OWN work. Nobody came and helped us.

uh...do you think God had anything to do with it?

Well, I think you are being a bit nit picky, since I think you know what I meant, but I'll answer it. :exclaimation:

In the very beginning, with the founding fathers, yes, I believe God had a hand in it. They looked to Him, after all.

But my point was (as I think you know it was) that we weren't always a superpower and we are not a superpower today because any other country came here to help us fix all our ills. We fixed them ourselves. And there are still plenty more to deal with, using our military and resources - we needn't use them elsewhere. JMO.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  09/20/1965

But my point was (as I think you know it was) that we weren't always a superpower and we are not a superpower today because any other country came here to help us fix all our ills. We fixed them ourselves. And there are still plenty more to deal with, using our military and resources - we needn't use them elsewhere. JMO.

Yeah, I've heard the arguments-'It's none of our business' or 'Who says they want to be liberated?'

http://www.bigjweb.com/michnew....ary.asp

REMEMBER SADDAM HUSSEIN