• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Hello friend,

Why is it you atheist demand to be addressed with the utmost respect?

When you show none to us by coming here and sticking your finger in our eye. As a matter of fact you are offended by our supposed lack of intelligence for believing in a God who has often times revealed Himself to us. Whom we have a very close relationship with. This enables us to Love you despite the fact that the respect you seek has not been shown us nor our very personal Living Loving Daddy. You can't believe simply because God won't conform to your idea of what He should be. He simply is too inane for you to believe in. Guess what my friend your physical logic counts for nothing. That inanity is exactly the filling you need then He will become all and all to you. You will not get there by shaping and forming him into what you feel is not offensive.

You will get the measure of respect you think you deserve when that measure is first attained. HUMILITY! Jesus Christ I speak plainly to you. The form and function of humility. He could as it were reveal himself to you. Rather He Loves you. Revealing Himself to you would utterly destroy you at this stage. So He awaits the day your heart softens. Which may cost you some pain. :il:

Secondly I can see from your last several posts that you are here to not seek at all. Rather ceaslessly debate something we can never provide you. As we in your complete opinion are lacking and should be welcomed back to reason. :D

I will rather choose the humility and offer up some prayer.

Peace,

Dave

Edited by Dr. Luke

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

However, I really am going to a lot of effort in doing this. Since I have asked you to prove your God exists, and in spite of the fact that I am willing to bear a burdon of proof, I ask that you put forward a similar proposal. Unless, of course, you think yourself not up to the challenge? I will listen to any and all arguments you make in trying to prove your God exists. I think this only fair.

Awaiting your reply,

- Scaramallion

Scaramallion,

God-man is more than capable to answer for himself but I just can't help interjecting my thoughts here. I hope neither of you minds much.

Y'all may have a problem. There is a significant difference with your approach as compared to my friend, Fovezer. When Fovezer came to our boards some four months ago, he made it clear that his goal was not to prove or disprove the existence of God. He also stated up front that he did not recognize the Holy Bible as having any authority. What he proposed was a debate on Evolution vs. Creation using science as a basis. Therefore, common ground was established and the debate/discussion has been raging off and on for four months.

You have not done that and by your post, you seem to want to discuss Christian doctrine BUT no common ground has been (or can be) established. Why? The only True authority that a Christian recognizes in the discussion of doctrine is the Word of God as His Spirit gives understanding. You obviously don

Edited by Saved by Grace

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

I'm sorry, you must have missed by dissection of the various forms of atheism in this post. I am a weak atheist when it comes to the existence of a deist god. I only claim that the Christian God - as seen from a fundamentalist viewpoint of the Bible - does not exist.

I read the dissection of the various forms of atheism. I can

Uhm...99.999...% omniscient? Oxymoron.

Exactly. Because you can never really know that God does not exist, you cannot make an affirmative statement to the effect that He does not. Nor can you say with any degree of surity that God does not exist. At best, you can only say,

I think I addressed your question concerning eternal torment on this thread with a couple of hypotheticals.  It could be over on the other thread, though.

I'd be interested to see your comments on this answer.

I'm sorry, I forgot to ask - could you give me a link to the thread, or even better, the page?

Actually, this was in response to something that "Spirited Defense" wrote:

http://www.worthyboards.com/forums/index.p...2&t=5179&st=165

Sorry for the mix-up