• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

1 John 2:27

(KJV) But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

(ASV) And as for you, the anointing which ye received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any one teach you; but as his anointing teacheth you; concerning all things, and is true, and is no lie, and even as it taught you, ye abide in him.

(ISV) The anointing you received from him abides in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. Instead, because his anointing teaches you about everything and is true and not a lie, abide in him, as he taught you to do.

This verse always makes me curious, and though I do have a viewpoint on it, I am curious what meaning others draw from this verse?

Grace and peace to you,

servant of Christ

Christos-phero

Edited by Christos-phero

ahhh...finally!!!...that says it all....ok I'm going to the house now. :laugh:

???

:wub: ???

nvrmnd.
I assume you are mocking my condition with your sarcasm here brother?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

1 John 2:26-27

I am writing these things to warn you about those who want to lead you astray. But you have received the Holy Spirit, and he lives within you, so you don't need anyone to teach you what is true. For the Spirit teaches you everything you need to know, and what he teaches is true--it is not a lie. So just as he has taught you, remain in fellowship with Christ.

John was writing to mainly firmly grounded believers (some newbies). They already were trained up in the things of Christ, and they were being infiltrated by those trying to impose another way, another gospel--lies.

It is not that we don't need teachers, but when we are mature, we should know who we can listen to, and who we mustn't, because of the prompting of the Holy Spirit. I don't just listen to anyone who tries to teach. I have had such an encounter with a woman of unknown calibre, who tried to teach me and two of my friends about the Holy Spirit. I refused to hear her. She was miffed, and sulked and refused to pray with us. Turns out, she was indeed not a woman we should have been listening to.

This scripture is important.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

micen2,

Christos phero asked you a question on a public board and I, for one, think you owe him an explanation.,,,,for what it's worth.

1 John 2:27

(KJV) But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

This verse always makes me curious, and though I do have a viewpoint on it, I am curious what meaning others draw from this verse?

Matthew 23:10 And do not be called teachers, for One is your Teacher, the Christ.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

Colossians 3:16Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

Colossians 1:28Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Acts 28:31Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

Acts 18:11And he continued there a year and six months, teaching the word of God among them.

Acts 15:35Paul also and Barnabas continued in Antioch, teaching and preaching the word of the Lord, with many others also.

Acts 5:25Then came one and told them, saying, Behold, the men whom ye put in prison are standing in the temple, and teaching the people.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  583
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  10/14/1962

Christos-phero,

Grace and peace be to you, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

John is speaking to seasoned Christians here in his letter, who have had the blessing and pleasure to experience the lessons and teachings of Christ firsthand from those who were very close to Him, and those who actually walked and talked with Him. Having this foundation, based on the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, they were not to feel the need to accept "additional" doctrines or teachings to validate their faith or understanding of what had been taught to them by Christ.

He is not saying it to condone complete "self teaching", as some insist, but more to keep the believer on track through following the teaching of his elders, and by the guiding of the Holy Spirit within.

May His love abound in you,

His servant,

Christian

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Christos-phero,

Grace and peace be to you, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

John is speaking to seasoned Christians here in his letter, who have had the blessing and pleasure to experience the lessons and teachings of Christ firsthand from those who were very close to Him, and those who actually walked and talked with Him. Having this foundation, based on the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, they were not to feel the need to accept "additional" doctrines or teachings to validate their faith or understanding of what had been taught to them by Christ.

He is not saying it to condone complete "self teaching", as some insist, but more to keep the believer on track through following the teaching of his elders, and by the guiding of the Holy Spirit within.

May His love abound in you,

His servant,

Christian

Is there an echo in here? :rolleyes: Excellent, Christos-phero! :thumbsup:

micen2,

First of all, my deepest apologies for having offended you if I have in any way. I meant no accusation, I was merely trying to determine your posture in the statements you made. My personal sensitivity misinterpreted your brevity because it was not a conclusive statement you made regarding my question.

So again brother, I am truly sorry to have insulted you if I have.

Blessings to you,

His servant,

Christos-phero