IGNORED

not my question but where did God come from?

jacketfan2005

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/30/1986

my parents want to know where God came from and i didnt know how to answer this question other than with John 1:1 please help me here

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,138
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  01/16/1969

GOD has always been,from everlasting to everlasting.man has always tried to put his level of thinking to GOD'S.we cant explain alot of things that are a mystery to us,but to GOD its simple. :noidea:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/30/1986

i am not asking this because i want to know i am asking this so i can get my unbelieving parents off my back... i personally dont care where God came from cause its none of my business. i have never wondered that. i also know its not my place to question God. who are we to question someone who knows all? i dont want to sound skeptical of Christianity at all because its not true. i believe no matter how it happened, it happened. just as you said blood, simple. i dont like to boggle my mind with questions. especially ones that will make me lose faith in my savior.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  520
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  09/07/1974

Yahweh created time, so all He has to do is exist outside of it (like a computer game programmer exists outside of his video game) and doesn't need a beginning.

There are so many things that are impossible to understand and we just have to accept those things by faith.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  511
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  03/08/1975

Yahweh created time, so all He has to do is exist outside of it (like a computer game programmer exists outside of his video game) and doesn't need a beginning.

There are so many things that are impossible to understand and we just have to accept those things by faith.

I like that answer

But jacket, I don't think that this question is one that will make you lose your faith. It may hurt your brain for a few days to try and think about the beginning of an infinite God, but your faith should not be in trouble.

Like endure said, there are things that we just have to take on faith.

We do that because there are things that human minds cannot posible grasp.

Like thinking of the distances of space. It is impossible to understand and grasp the HUGENESS (a new word) of the universe, but it doesn't take away from anything in it.

Trying to think of why God has in His entire creation...THe One that created that very universe....choose MAN of all creatures to fellowship with. Why He sent His Son to die for us...this is something we will never know.

If you read in Deuteronomy 29:29,

29 "The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our sons forever, that we may observe all the words of this law.
, you will see that what we have in the Scriptures are what the Lord wanted us to know about Him. And what God has not choosen to write down for us, are secret (His origin), and we are not to bother with that, because that knowledge belongs to Him.

I do pray that made sense. :noidea:

~your servant in Christ

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

i am not asking this because i want to know i am asking this so i can get my unbelieving parents off my back...

Life is full of mysteries. God is full of mysteries. We are full of mysteries. Knowledge is full of mysteries.

The Bible makes no mention of "God's origin" other than to say, "Holy, holy, holy is the lord God almighty, who was, who is, and who is to come."

If it means anything to you, the best scientists in the world have no idea what did or did not exist before the Big Bang, what is conventionally believed to be the beginning of hte known universe. They say the Big Bang is still occuring and is all around us and is still expanding the universe, but where it came from is likewise unknown. Scientists "know" the Big Bang occured because of computer models and calculations and gathered evidence and all that. But no one has "seen" it or deciphered its origins and all that.

Likewise, we believe in God not because of some scientific number crunching, but because He has made Himself real to us. My faith in God is based on my walking relationship with Him. No matter how many arguments I am hit with to turn me away from Him, I always go back to my experiences in life with Him. "They overcame the accuser by the blood of the Lamb and the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death."

God has not revealed Himself to us outside the context of the universe He created us in. Since His "origins", if their are any - whatever - are outside of the context of this universe, that answer cannot be found here (as far as I know, anyway).

I've heard testimonies of people who were devout athiests, but who at sometime in their life been told they could call on Jesus when in trouble. Although they rejected the advise, at some point they were in deep trouble and in desperation called to Jesus. Jesus saved them. They are now Born-again Christians! Did they care that none of their questions were answered? No. Their personal encounter was enough.

I know I kind-of rambled thoughts there, but I hope there is something in there you can glean from.

God bless!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Pretty Good answer Nebula.

The greatest evidence we have of God is the birth, life, death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. He is

"God with us, the hope of our salvation". No one has been able to refute Him - ever! And never will. Oh many try, but if they are sincere about checking it out, they become converted. There is NONE like Him.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• 2 weeks later...