• Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

So... i guess your saying

Your as pig headed as i am

I can live with that

Have a good day Vickilynn

Shalom DY,

I never said any such thing as you well know.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Which day is the Sabbath for the Christian, I did anwser it. According to the N.T. covenant there is NO DAY to practice the Sabbath, it is fulfilled in Christ for the N.T. Christian (Heb. 4).The O.T. covenants to the Jews is between Jeovah God and the Jews.

Shalom Eddie,

And once again, I believe the Scriptures to be clear that the 10 Commandments preceded the LAW and Covenants, so your argument is a Straw Man.

Yes, the 7th day Sabbath remains as it was instituted by G-d and was never rescinded. Jesus kept it, as did the new Early Church. Jesus never removed the Sabbath, He embodies it. To say the Sabbath does not exist is to ignore the truth of the Scriptures.

http://www.biblicalholidays.com/Sabbath/messiah_in_sabbath.htm

Messianic Significance of Sabbath

The Sabbath reminds us that God created the world.

The Sabbath reminds us that God delivered Israel from bondage in Egypt.

The Sabbath reminds us that Christ delivered us from the penalty of sin at Calvary.

The Sabbath reminds us that God will make us holy, just as He made the Sabbath holy.

The Sabbath reminds us that God will finish His work in our lives, just

as He finished His work of creation and redemption.

The Sabbath reminds us that God is our Lord and God.

The Sabbath reminds us that we have rest in Christ.

The rest that God intended for us to receive on Sabbath is not just a physical rest from our work or a mental and emotional rest from the stress of life. When Jesus said, Come unto me . . .I will give you rest (Matt. 11:28), He also said, ye will find rest unto your souls (Matt. 11:29). Entering that rest requires that we stop trying to save ourselves and rest in the finished work of Jesus.

The image of the joyless, somber restricting Sunday stems from the 16th century. Jesus defines the Sabbath in Matthew 12:8, For the Son of Man is Lord of the Sabbath day [(!)] The Sabbath, as with the rest of the Bible finds fulfillment in Christ. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth (Rom. 10:4). Everything about the Sabbath teaches us something about the Messiah (Lancaster 1996).

The Candles

The Sabbath is full of customs and traditions far predating the time of Jesus. The two candles that are lit to mark the beginning of the Sabbath are called the witness candles and they are symbolic of the two witnesses that stand before the Lord in Revelation 11 and Zechariah 4. They are Moses and Elijah, the personifications of the Torah and the Prophets. These same two witnesses appear with Messiah in the transfiguration. Each Friday evening the lighting of the two witness candles reminds us that Messiah is witnessed throughout the Torah (first five books of the Bible) and the Prophets.

The Wine

When the family is seated around the table, a declaration of the holiness of the Sabbath and the blessing of the wine is recited (Kiddush). The father lifts a cup of wine and says

Guest DYChowmah

So... i guess your saying

Your as pig headed as i am

I can live with that

Have a good day Vickilynn

Shalom DY,

I never said any such thing as you well know.

Yeah, i suppose your right. Least ways, not anything that will stand up in court.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

The Sabbath absolutely is not binding on christians, it was never intended for Gentiles and it is not relevant. We do not keep the law. The 10 commandments are not going to make us love our neighbor, only refrain from certain actions. They will not keep us from lusting, only from the act of adultery, they deal with the OUTWARD appearance, not the heart.

Their is a new law written than the law on stone, it is in our heart, IF we are His.

Our Sabbath is Today--capitalized in Hebrews 4. Eternal and always, in Jesus.

Guest DYChowmah
The 10 commandments are not going to make us love our neighbor, .

Who says? All the NEW TESTAMENT scriptures below tell us how we are to love one another. And there all quite clear! Keep the 10 commandments and you will be walking in the

Guest DYChowmah
Their is a new law written than the law on stone, it is in our heart, IF we are His.

SHOW ME THE SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS THIS

Guest DYChowmah

OK ill show ya where he got it from

Verse 10 of Hebrews 8

HEBREWS 8 [8] For finding fault with them, he saith, BEHOLD, THE DAYS COME, saith the Lord, when I will make A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH: [9] Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. [10] For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: [11] And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: FOR ALL SHALL KNOW ME, FROM THE LEAST TO THE GREATEST. [12] For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. [13] In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now THAT WHICH DECAYETH AND WAXETH OLD IS READY TO VANISH away.

The thing is everytime I bring up scripture proving that christians are to obey God and keep His commandments, I always hear the same argument. The

The Sabbath absolutely is not binding on christians, it was never intended for Gentiles and it is not relevant. We do not keep the law. The 10 commandments are not going to make us love our neighbor, only refrain from certain actions. They will not keep us from lusting, only from the act of adultery, they deal with the OUTWARD appearance, not the heart.

Nothing is binding on christians. Each man is a law unto himself.

Who needs the Word of God anyway? It only contains some helpful suggestions that we can pick and choose from according to our particular situations. "Do what thou wilt" is the whole of the law according to Anton Levae

:thumbsup:

Doesn't everyone agree?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

["their is a new law written than the law on stone, it is in our heart, IF we are His.

Nothing is binding on christians. Each man is a law unto himself.

Who needs the Word of God anyway? It only contains some helpful suggestions that we can pick and choose from according to our particular situations. "Do what thou wilt" is the whole of the law according to Anton Levae

:whistling:

Doesn't everyone agree?"]

"Nothing is binding on christians. Each man is a law unto himself."

"Do what thou wilt" is the whole of the law according to Anton Levae"

Jesus: "Eat drink and be merry, for tommorrow you shall die..."

I am only familiar with the name Anton Lavae. I suspect he may be some well read philosopher. Is this correct?

No matter. when one is familiar with the whole of the bible, and can respect that there is but one supreme authority who is the Inspiration of the whole. When we can begin to understand and accept how great a love He has for every person of His Created Works, and that He, the Creator put Himself into our settings of History to prove His own words of love, warnings and judgments with penalties, intended for our instruction in faith and reverend respect for His personal Sacrifice, intended to free us from the foretold penalty (eternal death) for our "trangressions of His Law" Penned for our for our individual welfare with hope; then do we need to seek a reason why we need not rest upon His Grace, and submit our life in willing obedience to affirm that His Law and His counsel are worthy to be upheld as "Right, and Good?"

Rom.7:1-25

Or should we desire the reverse to deny "the Law" as non-beneficial, and expect He shall forgive us if we desire a life adverse to any of His counsel statements from any part of His Wordds, especially His great Ten Words to all men, inclusive His Sabbath gift for remembrance of His power to lift us from the dust of the earth itself by His omnipotent expression.

The scripture logic is before us. If God, in Christ, did not create all things by expression, as biblically stated, from His own Mouth; then what is th value of our Testimony of confidence for His Personal power to Recreate(resurrect) us from the "pit" of death?"

Should we not more willingly CHOOSE to yieid to "His counsel (Law of the Scriptures for life)" and to His Great ten words, which includes also the commandment to both Jews and Gentiles for Remembrance of Himself as the only God and Creator of all things in just six "evenings and mornings."

Yes, "The Sabbath was made for Man, and not man for the sabbath: Therefore The Son of Man (Christ, is Lord (authority) also of the Sabbath." Consider now Isa. 55:8-56-12. Note that the issue In Mrk. was not about WHAT day ought to be observed. That was already well understood, probably by both Jew and Gentile alike. The issue at hand in this context was HOW ought one to observe the Sabbath.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

SHOW ME THE SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS THIS

Bible only (by the way, I'm a She

2 Corinthians 3:1-5

1 Do we begin again to commend ourselves? Or do we need, as some others, epistles of commendation to you or letters of commendation from you? 2 You are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read by all men; 3 clearly you are an epistle of Christ, ministered by us, written not with ink but by the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of flesh, that is, of the heart. 4 And we have such trust through Christ toward God. 5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God,

Romans 7:1-6

1 Or do you not know, brethren (for I speak to those who know the law), that the law has dominion over a man as long as he lives? 2 For the woman who has a husband is bound by the law to her husband as long as he lives. But if the husband dies, she is released from the law of her husband. 3 So then if, while her husband lives, she marries another man, she will be called an adulteress; but if her husband dies, she is free from that law, so that she is no adulteress, though she has married another man. 4 Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another--to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God. 5 For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death. 6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.

Ephesians 2:14-22

14 For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, 15 having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, 16 and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity. 17 And He came and preached peace to you who were afar off and to those who were near. 18 For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father. 19 Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, 20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief corner stone, 21 in whom the whole building, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord, 22 in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.

Galatians 3:19-29

19 What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator. 20 Now a mediator does not mediate for one only, but God is one. 21 Is the law then against the promises of God? Certainly not! For if there had been a law given which could have given life, truly righteousness would have been by the law. 22 But the Scripture has confined all under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe. 23 But before faith came, we were kept under guard by the law, kept for the faith which would afterward be revealed. 24 Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. 26 For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Galatians 4:8-11

8 But then, indeed, when you did not know God, you served those which by nature are not gods. 9 But now after you have known God, or rather are known by God, how is it that you turn again to the weak and beggarly elements, to which you desire again to be in bondage? 10 You observe days and months and seasons and years. 11 I am afraid for you, lest I have labored for you in vain.