• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/18/1956

Some of you may remember me saying,I'm a job trainer for mentally challanged adults.Yesterday.The Communcation Workers of America put on their annual Christmas party for them.They buy gifts for us like microwaves,coffee pots,things such as that they we need throughout the year.They also pay for their lunch,like we had turkey,ham, sweet potatoes cass.greenbeans,rolls.drinks.deserts ect. We have a d.j come in a play songs and they have a dance.this has been done for at least 20 years.This lady I work with.says she is a christian(I am not judging her,she danced with them until last year)she said I was trying to serve God and satan . Her husband is the d.j. She made such as scene putting toliet paper in her ears and saying we were all going to hell for dancing.she pulled me aside and said I know as a chrisitan you are not going to condone this.I told her look these people don't have a life like we do.....They look forward to this party every year. It last from about 9:30 until 2:00. they have so much fun. we gave them all a $10.00 bill,their christmas bonus (we have about 150 clients we serve) and told them how proud we were for working so hard this year.

Am I wrong....are we doing wrong...I don't think so..

please let me know what you think..and how to deal with this woman.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Well several places where the N.T. says Jesus 'rejoiced' the Greek word is 'to dance for joy.' Tell her that. It will probably blow her mind!

Guest lovinghim4ever

Luke 6:37 . . . "Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive and you will be forgiven." :blink:

MOTIVE is the key word here. ^_^

I believe MOTIVE is the key word for all that we do. :)

Motive is a deep impulse of the heart that moves us to act in a particular manner for a particular reason. ;)

So, ask yourself, "Why do you throw this party every year? What are your motives?" :wub:

If your motives are pure there is absolutely nothing wrong with showing these precious people a good, decent, fun time. :)

I don't think we should be dancing in a way to provoke lust in anyone but our own spouse. The questions I try to ask myself in any given situation such as this is what fruit does it bear; am I a source of temptation for anyone. If the dance is promoting lust then I would have to agree with her. While the wonderful people are mentally challenged and may not have the same responses as someone who is less mentally challenged I would still be wary about putting them in a postion that could be spiritually bruising. They enjoy the dance and I think the motive is a good one. But there are those who are their earthly shepherds. What wolves are circling the sheep?

Only you can answer that question.

We are there to suprvise the dancing and we keep it clean.a lot of theses people live in group homes or personal care homes.they are hard workers and I believe they deserve a party to show them we care about them.the music is also keep clean.the only wolf I saw was the one trying to act self rightous.the party wasn't for us it was for them.

Luke 6:37 . . . "Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive and you will be forgiven." :laugh:

MOTIVE is the key word here. :24:

I believe MOTIVE is the key word for all that we do. :24:

Motive is a deep impulse of the heart that moves us to act in a particular manner for a particular reason. :24:

So, ask yourself, "Why do you throw this party every year? What are your motives?" :24:

If your motives are pure there is absolutely nothing wrong with showing these precious people a good, decent, fun time. :24:

the motive was plain and simple.it was their christmas party to show them they are loved and thank them for there hard work...CWA have a great love for them and as I said they look forward to them coming every year.

Guest lovinghim4ever
the motive was plain and simple.it was their christmas party to show them they are loved and thank them for there hard work...CWA have a great love for them and as I said they look forward to them coming every year.

We are there to suprvise the dancing and we keep it clean.a lot of theses people live in group homes or personal care homes.they are hard workers and I believe they deserve a party to show them we care about them.the music is also keep clean.the only wolf I saw was the one trying to act self rightous.the party wasn't for us it was for them.

Then, I, personally see no problem.

Have FUN!

:laugh::24::24:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

if her husband is the DJ why doesnt she talk to HIM about the choice of music? did she tell u what was wrong with the music being played? what would she rather play instead, hymns?? is she even in charge of choosing the music? if not, then kindly remind her of that fact. did u ask her what the sudden change of heart was?

people can be so legalistic for the most silly things! i mean, c'mon, its only a ONE NIGHT thing. these people NEED to experience something different. i am sure if it is as u say is it, then she is probably just looking for drama. my mom used to work at a group home and she would tell us many stories of women like this woman who are constantly causing drama for the silliest of things! my mom's solution was to keep doing her job and just to "ignore fools to avoid noise."

if her husband is the DJ why doesnt she talk to HIM about the choice of music? did she tell u what was wrong with the music being played? what would she rather play instead, hymns?? is she even in charge of choosing the music? if not, then kindly remind her of that fact. did u ask her what the sudden change of heart was?

people can be so legalistic for the most silly things! i mean, c'mon, its only a ONE NIGHT thing. these people NEED to experience something different. i am sure if it is as u say is it, then she is probably just looking for drama. my mom used to work at a group home and she would tell us many stories of women like this woman who are constantly causing drama for the silliest of things! my mom's solution was to keep doing her job and just to "ignore fools to avoid noise."

yes, she did make a scene to her husband about the music and he told to go to another part of the building(thats when she put toliet paper in her ears) and yes,she wanted hymns played(thankfully before CWA had gotten there)..Our boss is in charge of the music and she is a ministers wife.We indeed ignored her(which is hard to do)another co-worker is a minister and he said she was being ridiculous.I danced with the ladies and the gentlemen(very properly).even with the drama.they had a great time and so did we.I even got a new coffee pot for our work area. :laugh:

Guest lovinghim4ever

yes, she did make a scene to her husband about the music and he told to go to another part of the building(thats when she put toliet paper in her ears) and yes,she wanted hymns played(thankfully before CWA had gotten there)..Our boss is in charge of the music and she is a ministers wife.We indeed ignored her(which is hard to do)another co-worker is a minister and he said she was being ridiculous.I danced with the ladies and the gentlemen(very properly).even with the drama.they had a great time and so did we.I even got a new coffee pot for our work area. :24:

Have FUN I say - FUN!

:24::laugh::24::24:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

yes, she did make a scene to her husband about the music and he told to go to another part of the building(thats when she put toliet paper in her ears) and yes,she wanted hymns played(thankfully before CWA had gotten there)..Our boss is in charge of the music and she is a ministers wife.We indeed ignored her(which is hard to do)another co-worker is a minister and he said she was being ridiculous.I danced with the ladies and the gentlemen(very properly).even with the drama.they had a great time and so did we.I even got a new coffee pot for our work area. :laugh:

like i tell my 6yr old sister when she is being TOO hyper....a glass of cold water to cool you down or a book to read, maybe she is bored.