• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

If God is living in a person there is no way that an evil spirit can live there too......however the devil was right there with Christ trying to tempt him to sin until he told him to get behind him.

1 John 4:Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

My own daughter, who came to Jesus and had a relationship with Him since the age of seven, one day asked for the Holy spirit baptism, at age 19. Right after that, she started with tics, head banging, forced bowing, cutting, fierce anger at her Christian co-workers, etc.

We were alarmed, but after speaking with her, I realized, through the Holy Spirit, that this was a case of a demonic presence that had earlier been given ground through a difficult period of rejection in her life. This evil spirit (or 4-6, as it turns out) felt "pushed out" and started to act out, revealing his presence, because the Holy Spirit was doing a major housecleaning! She wanted Jesus to have ALL of her! Many Christians do not actually allow Jesus to pervade their whole lives--keeping some doors of their rooms closed off to Him.

Anyway, as it turns out, these demonic spirits were eventually cast out, through a wonderful ministry here, and my darling daughter returned home with sparkling eyes and a strong facial countenance that she had not had before. she is serving the Lord with all her heart now! He is using her mightily and she is bringing others to the Saviour!

I do not like to tell of this too often, as it results in mockers coming forward, but it is something that attests to the power of God! Amen.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

My own daughter, who came to Jesus and had a relationship with Him since the age of seven, one day asked for the Holy spirit baptism, at age 19. Right after that, she started with tics, head banging, forced bowing, cutting, fierce anger at her Christian co-workers, etc.

We were alarmed, but after speaking with her, I realized, through the Holy Spirit, that this was a case of a demonic presence that had earlier been given ground through a difficult period of rejection in her life. This evil spirit (or 4-6, as it turns out) felt "pushed out" and started to act out, revealing his presence, because the Holy Spirit was doing a major housecleaning! She wanted Jesus to have ALL of her! Many Christians do not actually allow Jesus to pervade their whole lives--keeping some doors of their rooms closed off to Him.

Anyway, as it turns out, these demonic spirits were eventually cast out, through a wonderful ministry here, and my darling daughter returned home with sparkling eyes and a strong facial countenance that she had not had before. she is serving the Lord with all her heart now! He is using her mightily and she is bringing others to the Saviour!

I do not like to tell of this too often, as it results in mockers coming forward, but it is something that attests to the power of God! Amen.

Axe, I'm so glad your daughter's now free! :) Amen! :)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

This is great news that is encouraging to me. Praise God for His glories?

I have a question though... Did this happen before your daughter had the Holy Spirit in her?

This is great news that is encouraging to me. Praise God for His glories?

I have a question though... Did this happen before your daughter had the Holy Spirit in her?

As we all have a measure of the Holy Spirit when we become saved, she did. But when we ask for the fullness, the baptism, we receive a full measure, an anointing. This happened after she asked for that...of course the Holy Spirit obliged, and came in, in fullness, but there were these areas that were closed off to Him in her life--demonic strongholds. The demons were mighty angry, and in my view took a few temper tantrums! They didn't want to move.

Without getting into the area of the subject discussed in another thread, these demons gave their names later during spiritual ministry for their removal, and they had names that signified might. BUT! When they were cast out, my daughter was given the ability to see them---they were small and puny-looking! Amen! All bravado and no substance! The devil is a LIAR!

Greater is He that is in us than he that is in the world!!!!!! I have seen that truth borne out more than once! Amen!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I believe that they can be oppressed but not possessed. Oppression could take forms as depression, fear, things like that. As Christians we can be troubled by things like this, but to be possessed by demons NO. I can say first hand with my husband having cancer surgery I was overwhelmed by fear and fought depression too. But never did I feel I was posessed.

The thing that seems most amazing to me is that the demonic activity had not surfaced earlier. Was there some intercessory prayer being given for her? It is just amazing that the Demons oppressing her allowed her to actively seek the baptism of the Holy Spirit without interfering much earlier in the process.

Glad she has been completely delivered.

Yes, amazing!

She did only show one sign that I noticed later: she had a dull countenance, which I had discussed with her several times, telling her to not hold her mouth so slack--it really looked unbecoming...ugly, in fact. It bothered me...as soon as she came home from her deliverance, that dullness was gone, her eyes were bright (literally!) and her face and mouth were nice and toned--no slackness ever again! I am sure she would tell us that she had conflicting thoughts, but that was not evident to me.

There had been only the normal prayer going up concerning our family from family members who love God, but that was it! My mother, who was a pastor/counsellor and had been in the process of publishing a book geared to those who are survivors of sexual abuse and lived far away in Alberta at the time told me, when I reported the news of the demonic interference: "I could come, but I won't--the devil sometimes attacks the family of one who is in ministry just to prevent one from seeing their calling fulfilled." I believe that! I believe the devil wanted to distract my mother from her anointed calling--enough to keep her from finishing her work--which resulted in many women and men finding freedom from certain bondage themselves. I knew what to do and where to get my daughter good help from anointed people, and so we did that!

Praise God! He is our deliverer!

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  526
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  05/03/1961

Thankyou for your testimony in this matter Floatingaxe, this lends yet more weight to the scriptures which call for the laying on of hands by the church elders after baptism.

Acts 8:

15 Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:

16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)

17 Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

Axe, I thank God for the deliverence of your daughter but I cannot believe that someone washed in the Blood of Christ can be possessed with a demon living in them. IMO it's like saying the Blood wasn't enough to deliver. I believe strongly in speaking in tongues and all the gifts of the Spirit but the power of God is found in Christ and him crucified.

It's also like saying that someone washed in the Blood is bound by generational curses. I use to believe in that money making scam but found out it wasn't truth.

1 Cor 1:17For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Peace to ya :thumbsup:

Axe, I thank God for the deliverence of your daughter but I cannot believe that someone washed in the Blood of Christ can be possessed with a demon living in them. IMO it's like saying the Blood wasn't enough to deliver. I believe strongly in speaking in tongues and all the gifts of the Spirit but the power of God is found in Christ and him crucified.

It's also like saying that someone washed in the Blood is bound by generational curses. I use to believe in that money making scam but found out it wasn't truth.

1 Cor 1:17For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

18For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Peace to ya :thumbsup:

Even Christians can harbour strongholds in their lives. We aren't all free people just by virtue of our salvation. There is often work to do--it's seen in the story of Lazarus. Jesus commanded the others to unloose him from his graveclothes! We are called to help unloose each other from our stinking graveclothes that bind us. It's a process in most of us!

It's a command for us, and a ministry for many.