IGNORED

The 2nd Coming of Jesus

Pilgrim7

There is only one more kingdom coming on this earth before 'New Jerusalem' and it is not of Christ, but of 'anti-christ'. who the whole world wonders after. He is a 'false christ', a 'fake christ', a 'substitute christ', a 'vicar-ious christ' who deceives the whole world into thinking that He is christ come again.

His false ministers are preparing most of the Christian world to receive Him when he appears immitating christ and sweeps both Jew and Gentile into His kingdom.

:21:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Scripture has established in John 6 and John 14 the Jesus is coming back for His people, his bride, to resurrect the dead and 'catch away' the living to be with Him in Heaven on the last day of this world. This is shown in the OP. The critical teaching here is that the 2nd coming is when Jesus comes to rescue or 'rapture' His people and that it includes the resurrection of those 'sleeping in Christ'. This is what ties it together.

JOHN 11:23 Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.

11:24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day. (even Martha knew when the resurection of the just took place.)

11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believes in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

11:26And whosoever lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you Believe this? (Here again we have the time for the first resurrection and 2nd coming, the last day)

Now we will look at what takes place at this 2nd Coming in Jesus own words as compared to the days of Noah:

LUKE 17:26 And as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man (2nd coming).

17:27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.

So just as Noah was saved and raised above the destruction of all by the flood, so the faithful living and resurrected are raised above the destruction when Jesus comes the 2nd time to 'rapture' His people. They rest are destroyed by fire. The flood raised Noah and at the same time destroyed the rest.

Now we will look at the days of Lot for they are also reperesentative of the 2nd coming. Notice that the destruction happens the same day that Lot leaves Sodom:

Luke 17:28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;

17:29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom (the Lord and 2 angels removed Lot and His family before destroying Sodom) it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.

Now the Lord puts an exclamation point on what He is trying to tell us:

17:30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed. (the 2nd coming when He rescues His people)

Luke 17:31 In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back.

17:32 Remember Lot

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

What a lovely post.

• Group:  Soapbox - Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/11/1932

The church is not the bride, The city is the bride...

Brief and to the point. I make it a point to not quote scripture unless asked for it. I think everyone should know the word well enough to know the references themselves.

For a poor sinner like myself, that doesn't know scripture well enough, could you provide one or two verses that prove a city is the bride.

Thank you.

Hr Jr.

The City 'New Jerusalem' is prepared as a bride for the Children of the kingdom are within. Jesus did not marry a city. I quote Scripture, the words of Jesus and your state your opinions. I notice that you didn't even mention the Scripture that I quoted. Those are the words of Jesus, your Saviour, who ought to know what happens when He comes back. I would think that you would at least be interested in what He said. The unscriptural teachings today come from men's words, and one would need to quote commentaries to support them.

Does the city also talk?

Re 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Re 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

Re 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Re 22:20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus

The problem is that most don't know the Scriptures that is why they are so easily fooled. They just regurgitate that which is told them from the Pulpit.

Here is some more Scripture about Christs bride:

2co 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

It is truly frightening how easily people dismiss the Scriptures today and accept the teachings of man.

Here is some more Scripture which you can ignore if you wish:

Eph 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. (Christ's bride is a pure virgin)

5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

5:29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

The Bride is the collective body of Christ, the chaste virgin, who has prepared herself for His imminent return. This is the essence of His kingdom, the reason for His return, for His wife who has made herself ready. Jesus is not coming back for a whore. He takes her to her new home, the 'New Jerusalem' that He has been preparing.

God bless,

Dennis

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  10/12/1945

Hr Jr.

The City 'New Jerusalem' is prepared as a bride for the Children of the kingdom are within. Jesus did not marry a city. I quote Scripture, the words of Jesus and your state your opinions. I notice that you didn't even mention the Scripture that I quoted. Those are the words of Jesus, your Saviour, who ought to know what happens when He comes back. I would think that you would at least be interested in what He said. The unscriptural teachings today come from men's words, and one would need to quote commentaries to support them.

Does the city also talk?

Re 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Re 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

Re 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Re 22:20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus

The problem is that most don't know the Scriptures that is why they are so easily fooled. They just regurgitate that which is told them from the Pulpit.

Here is some more Scripture about Christs bride:

2co 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

It is truly frightening how easily people dismiss the Scriptures today and accept the teachings of man.

Here is some more Scripture which you can ignore if you wish:

Eph 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. (Christ's bride is a pure virgin)

5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

5:29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

The Bride is the collective body of Christ, the chaste virgin, who has prepared herself for His imminent return. This is the essence of His kingdom, the reason for His return, for His wife who has made herself ready. Jesus is not coming back for a whore. He takes her to her new home, the 'New Jerusalem' that He has been preparing.

God bless,

Dennis

Dennis, I think you are correct about the redeemed being the Bride of Christ - it is not a literal city of buildings and streets. When Jesus said:"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem ..."(Luke 13:34) He was addressing the inhabitants.

I think that you a little harsh with some of those who disagree, Dennis. There is a point I would like to discuss concerning what is called the "millennium", as I see it differently, but I am rather reluctant to engage in dialogue as I feel put off by words like "twisting" and "spinning". I find that most people, even when defending a point that is wrong, genuinely want to know more about the Word of God.

God bless

Ken

Kenod,

Thank you for your gracious reply. The 'twisting and spinning' that I refer to is that of 'the false teachers' that Christ referred to who lead people astray, not those who really want to learn. To point out the 'twisting and spinning' of Scripture is not harsh, but loving when people are being led astray by it. You see, over and over again, Christ warned His people about being deceived. He did this because all the people who would try to deceive them. Anyone can be wrong, but to ignore and dismiss the plainest Scripture when it doesn't fit ones 'theological construct' is dangerous, for it thwarts the work of the Holy Spirit and prepares one to accept anti-christ when he comes to set up his kingdom.

Most see it differently because that is what they have been taught. That is what I was taught, until I decided to search it out for myself. I have no problem discussing this with you as long as we use Scripture and not the teachings of man. As you can see I have quoted Scripture, mostly the words of Jesus Our Saviour. In a Scriptural discussion, people present Scripture to back up what they believe. They also read and comment on the Scripture posted and after all the pertinent Scripture has been examined, truth is pretty obvious for those seeking truth, as you will see on this topic.

Jesus had to warn the Jewish people because they listened to the teaching of men and thus didn't know the scriptures:

Mt 22:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, you err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

I would advise you to search it out for yourself, without any preconceived notions from what you have been told, and see what the evidence of Scripture teaches. This is what I did.

God Bless you in your search,

Dennis

Welcome micen2,

Thanks for the input, He's coming soon!!!!

God Bless,

Dennis

As for a phased 2nd coming:

The main point of Luke 17 is to teach us about the 2nd Coming and what happens. When you compare the accounts you see that there is one main point in common, that is what Jesus is trying to tell us, that it is one event, that takes place at a specific point in time, and that those not 'raptured' are destroyed at that very time.

He had warned us about false prophets and teachers who would try to pervert the truth and sweep the world into the kingdom of Anti-christ, a false Christ, and so He gave us plenty of truth in order to know who these false teachers are. If one teaches something contrary to the words of Jesus, he is teaching untruth, or is a false teacher.

Now we will look at what takes place at this 2nd Coming in Jesus own words as compared to the days of Noah:

LUKE 17:26 And as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man (2nd coming).

17:27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until THE DAY (the same day) that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.

So just as Noah was saved and raised above the destruction of all by the flood, so the faithful living and resurrected are raised above the destruction when Jesus comes the 2nd time to 'rapture' His people. They rest are destroyed by fire. The flood raised Noah and at the same time destroyed the rest.

Now we will look at the days of Lot for they are also reperesentative of the 2nd coming. Notice that the destruction happens the same day that Lot leaves Sodom:

Luke 17:28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;

17:29 But the SAME DAY that Lot went out of Sodom (the Lord and 2 angels removed Lot and His family before destroying Sodom) it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.

Now this Scripture is not to teach us about how Gods people are raptured for the method is different in each. The point in common, thus the focus of His teaching is twofold, the Lost are destroyed at his coming, and that it happens at the 'rapture', the 'catching away' of His bride. It is all one phase, at the same time, on the same day. There is no need to be fooled.

Can no one provide any Scripture, any teachings of Jesus that support the current teaching of today, or is it true that the falling away from Scripture has happened and that men prefer the teachings of men over the teachings of God.

Anyone can be wrong, out of harmony with the Scriptures, but to ignore the plain teaching of the Word when presented just because it doesn't agree with the teachings of man, Pastors, Theologians and Commentators, is to choose man over God and thus give 'glory to man'.

God Bless,

Dennis

There is only one 2nd coming and it happens at a certain time as Jesus said:

MAT 24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; inso-much that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. (Jesus warns us that many will seed to deceive the 'very elect' on this very point)

24:25 Behold, I have told you before. (Jesus tells us before it happens so we will not be fooled by false teachings as to His 2nd coming)

24:26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: (behold He is in Jerusalem) behold, he is in the secret chambers (this is the teaching of the secret rapture); believe it not.

24:27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be (lightning is not secret, it is seen and heard by all).

24:28 For wheresoever the carcase (dead body) is, there will the eagles (vultures) be gathered together.

24:29 immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. (Notice that all the tribes or nations see Jesus come back in the clouds and those not saved mourn. Not exactly a secret.)

24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect (the resurrection of the just along with those who are alive and remain ) from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

This gathering of the Elect is both the rapture and resurrection of the Just, the Saints, God's people who are His at His 2nd coming. It is also the destruction of all the tribes and nations of the earth, when Jesus destroys the earth and the works thereof.

micen2:

It is Jesus himself who has limited himself to words and numbers so that we could understand and not be fooled. This is part of the watching and being ready. He want us to know and understand. This is why He gave us the Scriptures. Maybe the ones fooled will be the ones who don't read and believe His words and numbers.

God Bless

Dennis