IGNORED

What if the Anti-Christ was not a person at all?

forrestkc

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

Something like V.I.K.I. in I, Robot? (The Will Smith movie, not the original Asimov stories.)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

Ok first off, I probably should point out that the entire End Times / Biblical Prophecy stuff has no appeal to me at all. I am just not into it. The way I see it, the world may end tomorrow, or it may go on for another 4 billion years. So I don't spend my time looking for signs of the end or a coming rapture and all that.

Just the same I got to thinking: What if the Anti-Christ was not even a human? What if it were a super computer instead. I work in I.T. and computers are literally trillions of times more powerful today than the original computer in the 1940s. Today, parallel processing is becoming very common place. In the last year or so, almost every computer sold contained a dual-core processor. For reasons that I will not go into for fear of boring most people, this trend will only continue. This year we will probably see quad-core processor home computers as common place and next year, probably 8 or more cores per processor and so on and so forth. Artificial intelligence is contingent on parallel processing. Basically, a computer must be able to do more than one operation at the exact same time. In the past it might have appeared that your home computer was doing this, but it was in effect faking it by implementing what is referred to as task switching.

With all these multi-core machines being common place, the world's community of developers will aquire the skills nessisary to take advantage of multiple cores. This is basically called parallel tasking and multiple threading. Granted, this type of programming has been around for a long time, but until recently it was largely relegated to higher end server applications. Now that it will be common place in the desktop world, hundreds of thousands of developers will be adding this type programming to their skill sets.

Now, multi-threading and parallel tasking is the basic foundation of artificial intelligence programming. Thus, the logical conclusion is that as new hardware and programming technologies are developed and adopted, we are going to see more and more "thinking" done by computers in the home and business place. At some point in the fairly near future it will be quite possible that the technology will exist to develop truly "intelligent computers". In our lifetimes, it is quite possible that computers could actually exceed the intelligence of man, especially super computer clusters. Of course, along the way, as computers became even more capable, we would give them even more responsibilities in our societies and economies.

So, it seems to me at least, that the Anti-Christ, if he were to show up, could actually be a super intelligent computer, not a man. This seem at all plausible to anyone?

No, the bible makes reference to a man. A computer would not be capable of all consuming evil either, no matter how 'super'. Evil is a solely human attribute if you don't count Satan; even vicious animals are incapable of evil. It's a very interesting theory though.

But evil is an attribute of man because man is the only creature known to possess the level of intelligence to know right from wrong. However, its entirely possible if not likely that we will develop intelligent computers that may well exceed our intelligence in our lifetimes. Thus, those computers if they were truely intelligent, would be able to concieve of right and wrong. Thus, they could do evil.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

The likelihood that the beast will use all available technology is pretty likely I would think. I am not so sure that antichrist=beast, but that is another discussion.

There are at least two beasts (Rev 13) and the second beast forces all to worship the first beast, and this second beast has the power to make the image of the first beast speak and have some semblance of being alive.

Revelations 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

In our age with the internet, artificial intellegence, the corrupt UN, and financial exchanges going more and more electronic, it is not hard to see how the beast could inforce the no-mark/no-purchase option.

Revelation 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

There are technological leaps happening daily consider the New Laser-Silicon Hybrid Computer Chip

http://www.azom.com/details.asp?newsID=6758

Revelation 13 (King James Version)

1And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

2And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

3And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

4And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

5And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

6And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

7And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

8And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

9If any man have an ear, let him hear.

10He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

11And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

12And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

13And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

14And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

15And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

16And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Could someone please provide a Scripture proving that ANY INANIMATE OBJECT has been given HIS SPIRIT (breath of life), has a SOUL and a CONSCIENCE given to it by GOD.

Could someone please provide a Scripture proving that ANY INANIMATE OBJECT has been given HIS SPIRIT (breath of life), has a SOUL and a CONSCIENCE given to it by GOD.

Does the anti-christ need a soul?

Also, the anti-Christ would need to know right from wrong in order to be capable of evil. However, the anti-Christ would not need a conscience. All a conscience would do is make the anti-Christ feel bad for doing wrong. Sociopaths for example have no conscience and it stands to reason that the Anti-Christ would be a sociopath.

Evil is action carried out in opposition to God and his will. Satan rebelled, and is the father of those who are disobedient.

A computer can be no more than a tool for evil, as ultimately it is the handiwork of MAN and not GOD - hence an idol.

Evil is action carried out in opposition to God and his will. Satan rebelled, and is the father of those who are disobedient.

A computer can be no more than a tool for evil, as ultimately it is the handiwork of MAN and not GOD - hence an idol.

So, are you saying that if a computer were capable of actually "thinking", then it could not conceive of actions that would be in opposition to God and his will?

A computer CANNOT KNOW GOD as it is incapable of receiving HIS HOLY SPIRIT.

Ok first off, I probably should point out that the entire End Times / Biblical Prophecy stuff has no appeal to me at all. I am just not into it. The way I see it, the world may end tomorrow, or it may go on for another 4 billion years. So I don't spend my time looking for signs of the end or a coming rapture and all that.

Just the same I got to thinking: What if the Anti-Christ was not even a human? What if it were a super computer instead. I work in I.T. and computers are literally trillions of times more powerful today than the original computer in the 1940s. Today, parallel processing is becoming very common place. In the last year or so, almost every computer sold contained a dual-core processor. For reasons that I will not go into for fear of boring most people, this trend will only continue. This year we will probably see quad-core processor home computers as common place and next year, probably 8 or more cores per processor and so on and so forth. Artificial intelligence is contingent on parallel processing. Basically, a computer must be able to do more than one operation at the exact same time. In the past it might have appeared that your home computer was doing this, but it was in effect faking it by implementing what is referred to as task switching.

With all these multi-core machines being common place, the world's community of developers will aquire the skills nessisary to take advantage of multiple cores. This is basically called parallel tasking and multiple threading. Granted, this type of programming has been around for a long time, but until recently it was largely relegated to higher end server applications. Now that it will be common place in the desktop world, hundreds of thousands of developers will be adding this type programming to their skill sets.

Now, multi-threading and parallel tasking is the basic foundation of artificial intelligence programming. Thus, the logical conclusion is that as new hardware and programming technologies are developed and adopted, we are going to see more and more "thinking" done by computers in the home and business place. At some point in the fairly near future it will be quite possible that the technology will exist to develop truly "intelligent computers". In our lifetimes, it is quite possible that computers could actually exceed the intelligence of man, especially super computer clusters. Of course, along the way, as computers became even more capable, we would give them even more responsibilities in our societies and economies.

So, it seems to me at least, that the Anti-Christ, if he were to show up, could actually be a super intelligent computer, not a man. This seem at all plausible to anyone?

It just does not fit scripture. How is the computer going to be wounded to near death and then ressurrected by the false prophet. Christ was a literal person in His earthly manifestation, Anti-Christ will be also.

A computer could nearly be deactivated, and then saved by a false prophet. A computer would of course literally exist, it would be a physical thing.

The anti-christ is to be seen by the Jews as their Messiah. They are specifically looking for a man born from the lineage of David. A computer does not quite fit that bill.

Most Jews are not very religious. In fact, I think only about 20% or so are. A redeemer can mean different things to different people. It could be redemption from a life of want and toil to some people. Technology certainly could make someone think they are getting that.

It just does not fit scripture. How is the computer going to be wounded to near death and then ressurrected by the false prophet. Christ was a literal person in His earthly manifestation, Anti-Christ will be also. The anti-christ is to be seen by the Jews as their Messiah. They are specifically looking for a man born from the lineage of David. A computer does not quite fit that bill.

Furthermore, the Beast and the False Prophet will be cast into the lake of fire.

2 Thessalonians 2:3-12

Revelation 19:19-20

Revelation 20:10

Matthew 10:28