• Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

Pat for President in '08 :taped::)

Second, Pat is a savvy politician.
;)

If that was a defense please never become a lawyer!
:emot-pray:

Personally, I get really tired of doom prophets that say the Lord has said, when the Lord has said nothing to them. Could such a thing happen? Certainly. Are there enemies that the USA has that are trying to make this happen? Certainly. Do I think that God told Pat about this? No

Why no? Track record.

God is not likely to send a messanger that "misses a few". God is a little touchy about people saying the Lord says when the Lord is not saying.

Jeremiah 23:16

Thus saith the LORD of hosts, Hearken not unto the words of the prophets that prophesy unto you: they make you vain: they speak a vision of their own heart, and not out of the mouth of the LORD.

Jeremiah 23:21

I have not sent these prophets, yet they ran: I have not spoken to them, yet they prophesied.

Jeremiah 28:9

The prophet which prophesieth of peace, when the word of the prophet shall come to pass, then shall the prophet be known, that the LORD hath truly sent him.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

indeed friend but then I wonder how many souls are in hell because of the polluted bath water? By his politics he has alienated 1billion moslems to the love of Christ and by his political agreement with Evangelicals and Catholics togather he has damned 1 billion Roman Catholics to hell by not agreeing that Protestant Missionarires should actively try to convert them. That is quite a fewpeople that he has omitted because of his strange world view. If he is called to preach the gospel then stick to the gospel. The apostle Paul said that we should learn not to go beyond what is written and we should all of us keep this as a life verse!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Not all of Pat's past predictions came true. He has missed a few. In the Old Testiment, Prophets were held to 100% accuracy if they were to be concidered true prophets from God. False prophets were stoned to death. Thank God we live under grace.(for Pats sake) I know we should expect to be hated by the world but we don't need this hatred helped along by self appointed bullhorns for God who make such ridiculous and outragous statements. Even if his prediction comes true, it dosen't mean he got it from God. Even an athiest can look at what we are faced with in this modern age of terrorism and guess that we just might get hit again. DA! I predict that Nancy Pelosi will probably pass gas in the house of representatives while conducting the people's business within the next 4 years. If this comes to PASS (joke), am I a prophet from God?

Retire Pat! Go fishin

Dan

:taped::) Exactly brother.

The statement, "I have a relatively good track record," he said. "Sometimes I miss." says it all. True prophets NEVER miss because it is the Spirit of God speaking through them.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

indeed friend but then I wonder how many souls are in hell because of the polluted bath water? By his politics he has alienated 1billion moslems to the love of Christ and by his political agreement with Evangelicals and Catholics togather he has damned 1 billion Roman Catholics to hell by not agreeing that Protestant Missionarires should actively try to convert them. That is quite a fewpeople that he has omitted because of his strange world view. If he is called to preach the gospel then stick to the gospel. The apostle Paul said that we should learn not to go beyond what is written and we should all of us keep this as a life verse!

Come on! HE hasn't damned anybody! HIS politics? HE has alienated moslems? HE has omitted? I should think that is God's business.

What, pray tell is that verse?

Not all of Pat's past predictions came true. He has missed a few. In the Old Testiment, Prophets were held to 100% accuracy if they were to be concidered true prophets from God. False prophets were stoned to death. Thank God we live under grace.(for Pats sake) I know we should expect to be hated by the world but we don't need this hatred helped along by self appointed bullhorns for God who make such ridiculous and outragous statements. Even if his prediction comes true, it dosen't mean he got it from God. Even an athiest can look at what we are faced with in this modern age of terrorism and guess that we just might get hit again. DA! I predict that Nancy Pelosi will probably pass gas in the house of representatives while conducting the people's business within the next 4 years. If this comes to PASS (joke), am I a prophet from God?

Retire Pat! Go fishin

Dan

:taped::) Exactly brother.

The statement, "I have a relatively good track record," he said. "Sometimes I miss." says it all. True prophets NEVER miss because it is the Spirit of God speaking through them.

True prophecy never misses! Prophets sometimes miss what the Spirit says, but when they are on, they are right on!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

I don't know that I would go so far as to blame Pat for 33% of the earth's population (1 billion moslems and 1 billion catholics), that's a pretty heavy load for a TV preacher. Pat has done a lot of good things, don't get me wrong, I just don't put much stock in his prediction business.

Paul said "...nevertheless Christ is preached, and I rejoice." If one soul was saved by Pat's efforts (and I suspect the total is higher) then I just Praise the Lord that a soul was saved.

It is always encouraging when people are praying that I will tell them some thing so Fleeting Axe here in response to your prayers is the verse!

1Co 4:6 I have applied all these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, brothers, that you may learn by us not to go beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up in favor of one against another. ESV

If indeed we sin by omition then refusing to preach and try to make disciples of the billion Catholics in the world is indeed damning them or do you believe there is some other way to heaven other than the preaching of the gopel?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  201
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Pat is not a prophet and this is good for his buisness! His ratings should go up a little in the January Blahs and no one will mind if he is wrong! If he is right he will be a hero.... These are sad days when this is the state of God's church.

Very few people in the church today mind if anyone is a false prophet. It is good enough for most if he's right some of the time. God's old standard of 100% accuracy was for the good ol' day when there was still such a thing as quality. Today we don't need prophets of such high quality. The reason the church doesn't mind dropping the gold standard is that a 50% standard allows more people to make it over the bar. That way everybody can be a prophet because most of us can hit 50% just by making an educated guess. In the opinion of many churches today, it's better to have lots of prophets who are right once in awhile than to have a few who are right all the time. If they're right all the time, then you have to pay attention to them.

--DH

Traveler I am not saying that all those people are damned, Heaven forbid! And the Lord in His mergy is big enough to work past our errors and sins but from the perspective of Pats political decisions this would be the outcome if all agreed and followed his counsel and decisions. Perhaps you are unaware of the decisions made by Catholics and Evangelicals togather? They both agreed to not try and convert each others flocks! Pat Robertson has agreeed to this and that is a major wrong. Actually he is not alone Billy Graham is also on board that is why Catholic priests used to show up at his crusades to collect all the converted Catholics. This perhaps is another post but Pat along with Chuck Colsen have agreed to this common front with Rome. Yes I am extreme in my post and yes I must learn to write in fashon not so dramatic but there are serious stakes here and the gospel is never something that should be messed with.

It is always encouraging when people are praying that I will tell them some thing so Fleeting Axe here in response to your prayers is the verse!

1Co 4:6 I have applied all these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, brothers, that you may learn by us not to go beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up in favor of one against another. ESV

If indeed we sin by omition then refusing to preach and try to make disciples of the billion Catholics in the world is indeed damning them or do you believe there is some other way to heaven other than the preaching of the gopel?

Ahem: Floatingaxe is me name! :)

Thanks for the reference. I have here the reference including verse 5:

5 So don