• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,466
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,800
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  130
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Religious broadcaster Pat Robertson predicted Tuesday a horrific terrorist act on the United States that will result in "mass killing" late in 2007.

http://www.worthynews.com/news/foxnews-com...240841,00-html/

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

Not all of Pat's past predictions came true. He has missed a few. In the Old Testiment, Prophets were held to 100% accuracy if they were to be concidered true prophets from God. False prophets were stoned to death. Thank God we live under grace.(for Pats sake) I know we should expect to be hated by the world but we don't need this hatred helped along by self appointed bullhorns for God who make such ridiculous and outragous statements. Even if his prediction comes true, it dosen't mean he got it from God. Even an athiest can look at what we are faced with in this modern age of terrorism and guess that we just might get hit again. DA! I predict that Nancy Pelosi will probably pass gas in the house of representatives while conducting the people's business within the next 4 years. If this comes to PASS (joke), am I a prophet from God?

Retire Pat! Go fishin

Dan

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  201
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Amen! Dgolvach

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

What???? You guys would stone Jonah?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Pat is not a prophet and this is good for his buisness! His ratings should go up a little in the January Blahs and no one will mind if he is wrong! If he is right he will be a hero. This is the guy who called for the murder of Hugo Chavez! and the result was that born again missionaries were deported from the nation! He is not a godly man and should be rejected for His false teaching and prosperity gospel. No we do not stone people today but the Lord told us to stay away from every one who calls himself a brother and lives in sin. He has partisapated in Catholic mass in the past and said that it was one of the most meaningful spiritual experiences he has ever had. He is a supporter of Evangelicals and Catholics togather, an organisation that does not believe that Catholics should be evangelised by protestant missionaries!!! This means that he has set off limits for evangelism 50% of all in the Americas and most of South America!!!The man is obsessed with politics and selling you his vitamins so that you will live forever and not have to go to heaven! This prediction is not helpful esp with Pats escape clause that was 'In the past I've missed it!' So then what exactly was the point if not to increase hype and instill fear in the american public? These are sad days when this is the state of God's church.

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Okay, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and actually defend Pat. First, Pat is an incredibly intelligent man. I mean, this guys is one smart man. He is savvy at business and theology, albeit some of his theology is not what I would consider "orthodox." I have never considered him to be a "prosperity preacher." But, he is right on in the essential doctrines of the Church. Second, Pat is a savvy politician. His calling for the assassination of Chavez was an idea that, a decade or two ago, would have been plausible. He was speaking aloud what many a politician and law enforcement official whispered behind closed doors. Third, Pat is way over the top with his "words of knowledge," in my estimation. When he goes into that mode, I take what he says with a grain of salt. Sometimes his "predictions" are based more on current news trends than on words from the Spirit. Finally, many times these "predictions" or "words of knowledge" are taken from transcripts of his Christian TV show. He is not speaking to the general public, but to his own audience. Sometimes I feel that he gets too comfortable in that environment and rambles on and on, and before you know it, he comes out with these sometimes wacky pronouncements. The mainstream media gets ahold of them and runs wild. I am quite sure Pat has not said anything preachers haven't said in front of their congregations when they get carried away.

If that was a defense please never become a lawyer! I shall quote you...

"albeit some of his theology is not what I would consider "orthodox."

If some of His theology is not orthodox then he is a false teacher, supposed words of knowledge aside! I am afraid that you symbolise the problem with the church today! Sadly we accept men and women who are not orthodox and because thay are quite smart we allow them to pervert historical christianity. The number one requirement for leaders / elders in the early biblical church was that they could teach the orthodox doctrines of the church and refute those who taught something else! You did not have to be smart or cool or rich or have a successful tv program! This guy by your own account has disqualified himself from representing God's church by his being a bit unorthodox!

To add a little more, murder is a sin plain and simple, It does not matter what people thought 20 years ago. Jesus said even if hate is in our hearts we have committed murder. Jesus said turn the other cheek Pat says we need to take this guy out! What if the US administration had taken Pat seriously Just as 1 million born again US christians do who tune in daily? Pat would have had that heathen mans blood on his hands. There is rarely a show that I have ever witnessed and I am not a regular viewer where they have not had a story of someone giving them money and then God blessing them financially and increasing their buisness ( todays show included) so how can you say he is not a prosperity preacher? Because he does this milking in a more savvy way? He is from the same tree as Oral Roberts and the Copelands and the whole gang. He just serves the bad doctrine on a more palitable plate!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

To add a little more, murder is a sin plain and simple, It does not matter what people thought 20 years ago. Jesus said even if hate is in our hearts we have committed murder. Jesus said turn the other cheek Pat says we need to take this guy out! What if the US administration had taken Pat seriously Just as 1 million born again US christians do who tune in daily? Pat would have had that heathen mans blood on his hands. There is rarely a show that I have ever witnessed and I am not a regular viewer where they have not had a story of someone giving them money and then God blessing them financially and increasing their buisness ( todays show included) so how can you say he is not a prosperity preacher? Because he does this milking in a more savvy way? He is from the same tree as Oral Roberts and the Copelands and the whole gang. He just serves the bad doctrine on a more palitable plate!

You shouldn't throw out the baby with the bathwater! He speaks the Word of God, people get radically saved and healed, and all people do here is bellyache about Pat Robertson. I wonder how many souls in heaven will be there because he was obedient to the call to spread the gospel? How many will be there because of my witness or yours by comparison? God bless him.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Multi-millionaire Pat Robertson doesn't strike this particular observer as much more than a Pentecostal preacher-businessman deeply enmeshed in "prosperity theology" always ready with a brief biblical thot - and a self-addressed envelope in each mailing-piece. The bottom-line is that practically EVERY American already understands that Muhammad's violent henchmen will strive to hit America asap, even perhaps if opportunity is ripe, in 2007. American VIGILANCE is the price of LIBERTY! May Democratic (and GOP) politicians come to understand we're already smack-dab in the middle of World War 3! It ain't your grandfather's America any more, chillun!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com