• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

ok in my past I have told lies I stopped and repented, but I can't seem to confess those I lied to. My friend told me unless I tell the people I told lies to I am unforgiven and will go to hell. Now I'm scared that I'm going to hell. :) She says got can't forgive me unless I confess those I lied to. :24:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

ok in my past I have told lies I stopped and repented, but I can't seem to confess those I lied to. My friend told me unless I tell the people I told lies to I am unforgiven and will go to hell. Now I'm scared that I'm going to hell. :24: She says got can't forgive me unless I confess those I lied to. :P

What kind of a friend do you have?

It is good to confess one to another, as the Word says, but you will do it in obedience to God and preserve your forward motion with Him. Your repenting has already got you your forgiveness. You wouldn't be damned anyway, had you not repented. Once you come to Christ, you are HIS! While you can abandon your faith and lose your place with God, this is not what you ahve done!

God has forgiven you. Now you need to make it right with those others so they can forgive you and your relationships can be restored. What a burden will be lifted off you once that is done!

Blessings! :)

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

But I can't just tooooooooo hard. :) I'm going to hell.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

But I can't just tooooooooo hard. :) I'm going to hell.

If you know Jesus as Saviour, you will not be damned, tigger. Nothing is too hard when you have Jesus with you, speaking through you. You will do it eventually. Ask Him to help you and He will. :24:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/11/1976

ok in my past I have told lies I stopped and repented, but I can't seem to confess those I lied to. My friend told me unless I tell the people I told lies to I am unforgiven and will go to hell. Now I'm scared that I'm going to hell. :24: She says got can't forgive me unless I confess those I lied to. :P

What kind of a friend do you have?

It is good to confess one to another, as the Word says, but you will do it in obedience to God and preserve your forward motion with Him. Your repenting has already got you your forgiveness. You wouldn't be damned anyway, had you not repented. Once you come to Christ, you are HIS! While you can abandon your faith and lose your place with God, this is not what you ahve done!

God has forgiven you. Now you need to make it right with those others so they can forgive you and your relationships can be restored. What a burden will be lifted off you once that is done!

Blessings! :)

i agree with you floating axe,

but i was told that you need not to ask forgiveness if it is apparent that they have already forgiven you?

if i lied to you and you caught me out the trust is broken right? so if i repent to GOD and HE forgives me, i am forgiven, i know this but.....

if i restore the trust between me and you by not lying anymore and always telling the truth, do i still need to ask for forgiveness from you???

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  812
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/15/1961

Tigger you are forgiven!

As far as confessing to the one's you lied to, I would say pray first; I don't believe that you have to "confess" to people every time. Do as the Lord lead's you. Forgiveness from Him is enough.

I think there are time's we need to confess to other's and there are times not too. Use wisdom.

Guest lovinghim4ever

Blessings! :wub:

Floatingaxe said that "God has forgiven you." That is not the issue now, so forget about that going to hell stuff. What she is saying, and I agree with her, is that you should seek to make things right with those you transgressed against so your relationships can be restored. Yes, that is a hard thing to do, but you will be happy you did so in the long run.

Yep, I agree, but let God lead you to the relationships He wants restored for you.

I told so many lies before I got saved that I wasn't sure what was a lie and what really happened.

I repented, got saved and I let God lead me to those He wanted me restored to.

It was a very difficult thing for me to do, but my heart surely gained a more peaceful attitude when I did it.

(A more peaceful attitude toward God, toward myself, toward others and especially toward those who wouldn't forgive me).

God forgives you; even if some people don't.

So, follow your heart with PEACE, and let God lead!

My prayers are with you.

:24::);)