• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  482
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/02/1991

Hey, some of thats not true. Any one of you could fall and start bearing bad fruit. If you don't stop assuming that other people aren't saved God just might let you see what its like to be wrong for a little while. I'm serious, you shouldn't say that about some folks.

Besides, I've know die hard athiests who acted civil and nice. They weren't christian. It has to be acknowledged that appearences are often decieving.

Edit: in fact, thats why God is our Judge and not whoever feels called to have an opinion. Well, Jesus technically, but you know who I mean.

then please explain why the bible says to judge sin in the church

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

judging sin is quite different from judging salvation

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

What that last person said. They put it into better words than I could come up with.

• Topic Count:  146
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

Hey, some of thats not true. Any one of you could fall and start bearing bad fruit. If you don't stop assuming that other people aren't saved God just might let you see what its like to be wrong for a little while. I'm serious, you shouldn't say that about some folks.

Besides, I've know die hard athiests who acted civil and nice. They weren't christian. It has to be acknowledged that appearences are often decieving.

Edit: in fact, thats why God is our Judge and not whoever feels called to have an opinion. Well, Jesus technically, but you know who I mean.

Can you back this up with scripture?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Can you back up what you said about salvation with scripture? I was under the impression that Jesus decided who was with him and who wasn't. This makes sense considering how only he can know a person's innermost being and humanity is completely incapable of that.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

John 7:24...

Be honest in your judgment and do not decide at a glance (superficially and by appearances); but judge fairly and righteously.

This is offered with permission from a Christian I met online...

To say that we the Church cannot judge a situation or a person in sin is to allow cultural relativism to slip into the church, falling into an unbalanced doctrine of judgment. This is happening more and more now.

The Lord Jesus shows that it is good to

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

I never said you cant judge sin, I said you cant judge salvation

Can you back up what you said about salvation with scripture? I was under the impression that Jesus decided who was with him and who wasn't. This makes sense considering how only he can know a person's innermost being and humanity is completely incapable of that.

While it is not for any human to decide who gets into heaven or not, the bible does day:

1 Corinthians 5:11 But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy,an idolator or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

Many people misinterpret scripture to say we should not judge at all, when in actuallity scripture says not to judge hypocritically. I also believe we are to be very careful not to judge in an abusive way, for God no doubt watches as very closely when we make judgement. I believe Gaiour was judged in an abusive manner. She was a newcomer, and she was a seeker, they made rash judgement and they humiliated her in front of others.

Reconditioned, have you read the whole thread? If not I suggest you do so so we do not end up going in circles again. Can you please quote what I said specifically about salvation specifically?

Any one of you could fall and start bearing bad fruit

Yes and if this should happen Galatians 6:1 tells us we who are spiritual should gently restore him, yet watch ourselves or we may also be tempted. If the person persists, then those who have enough spiritual discernemnt and not those who are mean spirited need to carry out 1 Corinthians 5:11 for the good of the body of Christ and for new believers who may be deceived by someone who thinks it unimportant to walk in the will of God.

We need to watch out for those who simply call themselves brothers and sisters in Christ but bear only bad fruit peristently for fear their ideas may lead others astray. Do you understand what I am saying now? Let me add, this is something (judgement)very easily abused and I think that is the point Gaiour is trying to make through this whole thread.

And I don't think Floating Axe is saying we should decide who gets into heaven, she is saying we need to watch out for false prophets essentially.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

You certainly can tell an unbeliever from a believer in most cases. It's the fruit we look for, and we are told to judge fairly and righteously. That is a necessity to keep the church strong and undiluted.

Emily Anne is correct...we are to look out for the church, protecting the sheep from false prophets, and from deceivers of another ilk.