Joshua-777

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

After I'd left my daughter's father, I was just getting set up in our new place. I had gone through a really difficult time and was glad to be moved away from him where he didn't know where I lived. I'd also read the Bible a few times because I did beleive in God. My daughter, then 4 had spotted the play park and wanted to go there. So, I thought I'd take a break and go. I sat on the park bench (it was winter) and just watched her play. As I sat there watching her, I thought to myself "well, it's just you and me kid" and suddenly from nowhere at all, this intense peace came upon me. It didn't well up inside me, it was definitely from outside and came upon me like nothing I'd ever experienced in my 23 years. It lasted only about 4 seconds but it was sooooo powerful. I know it was God telling me that He was there with us too.

Years later, still rebellious, I was in yet another bad relationship. I had been married and he was mentally and verbally very abusive and I had a hard time knowing what to do. I sought Christian counselling and read my Bible and after about a month or so I felt I should leave and that it was God's will that I do so. It was a struggle for me knowing divorce is not something God desires but God knew his soul, his anger etc and knew I had been having anxiety attacks and insomnia for a few years. I either couldn't sleep or I'd fall asleep and then wake up and not be able to fall back to sleep. Anyway, as I was moving into the new apartment, I was getting my room ready and wondered how I'd be able to sleep. That night, I fell asleep immediately. But, I woke up - three times that night and each time the same thing occurred. Each time, that same peace came from somewhere and completely enveloped me and I knew God was right there and that I was okay and that once again, He was with me. I went right back to sleep each time that night, and remember smiling that God could be so good to me to give me that gift once again when I needed it so badly.

Then, about 4 years ago, my current husband and I had been fostering children (still do have 1). At the time we'd had 2 little ones. (Many here know of whom I speak because I had asked for prayer for them - and please still do pray for them - they need it) Anyway, one night I woke up at 1 AM and decided to go downstairs. I rarely wake up in the night anymore. I usually sleep like a baby, but I woke up and for whatever reason, decided to go downstairs. As soon as was about halfway down the stairs, I could smell natural gas like I'd never smelled it before. My heart started racing and I headed for the stove and sure enough, one burner was on but with no flame, so the whole house had been filling up with natural gas for about 3 hours or so. Thank God I woke up. We'd have all been dead had I not. I do beleive God woke me up that night. It wasn't an anxiety wake up kind of thing like I'd previously had for many years. It was just a wake up and go downstairs kind of feeling.

I could go on and on and on but won't. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  147
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/19/1983

December 24, 2003. I remember the day because it was the day before Christmas and it was the year I started my new job.

I was driving home from work. The freeway was not to crowded, but it was not empty eather. There were few cars around. I was driving fast, I think. At least, faster than the speed limit. My thoughts were all over the place and I was not paying much attention to the road.

Then I remember driving over the puddle of water that turned out to be a pot hole. The car swirved to the right, and nearly hit an SUV that was on my right. I remember sharply turning the wheel to the left to avoid the collision. At that point I lost control of the car. I think the car swirved to the left. Thats when everythinh went black and I remember I felt like the car was spining 180 from the direction I was going, and smashed, right front side, into a concrete rail that separated the upcoming traffic from me. The car stoped facing the opposite direction and near the concrete wall, on the unused lane that I think was under construction or something.

Sometime before the car hit the concrete, I remember one thing only: "No God, not like this..." those were my thought as I was praying to God.

I credit the fact that I still live to His grace and a second chance He gave me.

Edited by Aleksander

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  249
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

At 27 years of age i have neither seen nor felt any indication that God has affected my life. There are some very nice stories in the previous posts and if they are true then good for you.

When i say god has not affected my life what i mean is i have never felt God talking to me. It's not that i don't want God to talk to me or affect me. If God exists and wants to affect my life i would be pretty stilly to not listen. I have a pretty good life and some of you may say god is evidently looking out for me but i base my life on good upbringing by my parents and making the right choices.

If in the future if i feel the presence of god then all good and well, but if i remain as i feel now it's not all bad as long as we're good to each other and enjoy ourselves. Later.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

artsylady, and Aleksander you both have some amazing testimonys

At 27 years of age i have neither seen nor felt any indication that God has affected my life. There are some very nice stories in the previous posts and if they are true then good for you.

When i say god has not affected my life what i mean is i have never felt God talking to me. It's not that i don't want God to talk to me or affect me. If God exists and wants to affect my life i would be pretty stilly to not listen. I have a pretty good life and some of you may say god is evidently looking out for me but i base my life on good upbringing by my parents and making the right choices.

If in the future if i feel the presence of god then all good and well, but if i remain as i feel now it's not all bad as long as we're good to each other and enjoy ourselves. Later.

Hi welcome to worthy, I'm glad to hear you've had a good life, Have you ever invited the Lord in your heart? just wondering, One thing I've seen many do not find a need for God in their own lives, it's sad, me personaly I wasn't so lucky with my life, but God Totaly changed that, I couldn't overcome, but God lead me to victory. The Lord is there, if you want to know him, invite him in, talk to him. :)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Well, just to throw in an athiestic perspective, there have been times when I've had an epiphany or reached a conclusion about things that were blocking or bothering me, or times when odd things have happened, but in all of that, I've never had a sense that any of it was the work of any kind of god, even when I was a kid.

The only other thing I have to add is that, without being religious, I do 'pray,' in a sense - perhaps this is better termed wishing. If I want something good to happen to someone, I tend to think 'please let this happen,' but I don't have anyone in mind that I'm asking - it's just a goodwill-wish - just in case anyone's listening, be it luck, the universe or whoever :b:. Apparently, my father does this every night - he goes through a list of people in his head and thinks what good thinks he'd like to have happen to them, and that way falls asleep.

As far as the stumbling blocks that a hopeless world have placed in front of my; there

have been many. I can't remember a time when the Bible has not been a friend and

a comfort to me. The world places high restrictions on achievement, only to reinforce

a person's inabiity to achieve. Trying to repent and lead others to the correct paths

is a task that God places in every Christian's life. But as the Bible tells us; there will

be others who will not hear, and do not understand. I worked with a supervisor, who

in my opinion; did not hear God's will or understand. I left that job, leaving myself with

a mortgage, and no other options. My mother is a Baptist who attends church and

Bible study on a regular basis. We virtually speak in tongues about God and the

world. I held fast in my faith, and continued to have hope that everything would work

out. In a matter of days I was inspired to write a book. At the same time I sent out

resumes, and continued to look for a job. Every day God inspired me to continue

writing. Within two months, I got another job, and actually finished my book. I

found a publisher, and submitted my manuscript just to see what they thought.

By December of 2006, I signed my first book contract, and the book will be published

within a few months. Over the past five years I have continued to try and bring

a sense of what is right into everything situation that I have encountered. Not without

trials and tribulations, but during this whole time: God has been working in my life.

Ps. 38:35-39 "I have seen the wicked in great power, and spreading himself like a

green bay tree. Yet he passeth away, and lo, he was not: yea. I sought him, but

he could not be found. Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end

of that man is peace. But the transgressors shall be destroyed together: the end

of the wicked shall be cut off. But salvation of the righteous is of the Lord: he is

their strength in the time of trouble."

Everlasting127

:laugh:

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  249
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Hi welcome to worthy, I'm glad to hear you've had a good life, Have you ever invited the Lord in your heart? just wondering, One thing I've seen many do not find a need for God in their own lives, it's sad, me personaly I wasn't so lucky with my life, but God Totaly changed that, I couldn't overcome, but God lead me to victory. The Lord is there, if you want to know him, invite him in, talk to him. :emot-hug:

Cheers for the welcome. When you say that you think it's sad that many don't feel a need for god in their life you're missing my point. I am very open to the idea of a god. If a god exists i would have no hesitation in talking to him and so forth. Your last point where you say invite him in and talk to him, i've tried this a few times. When i tried this i have received no feeling of god. It felt like talking to myself. The was no sense of a presence or a voice talking to me or listening to me. That's the same reason why i don't go to church anymore. I just don't feel anything when i'm there. Anyway, enjoy yourselves. Later

Hi welcome to worthy, I'm glad to hear you've had a good life, Have you ever invited the Lord in your heart? just wondering, One thing I've seen many do not find a need for God in their own lives, it's sad, me personaly I wasn't so lucky with my life, but God Totaly changed that, I couldn't overcome, but God lead me to victory. The Lord is there, if you want to know him, invite him in, talk to him. :rolleyes:

Cheers for the welcome. When you say that you think it's sad that many don't feel a need for god in their life you're missing my point. I am very open to the idea of a god. If a god exists i would have no hesitation in talking to him and so forth. Your last point where you say invite him in and talk to him, i've tried this a few times. When i tried this i have received no feeling of god. It felt like talking to myself. The was no sense of a presence or a voice talking to me or listening to me. That's the same reason why i don't go to church anymore. I just don't feel anything when i'm there. Anyway, enjoy yourselves. Later

Hmmm, I wonder why this is, I have heard many say this, I'll admit sometimes when I pray I dont feel anything, but sometimes his presence surounds me, and there is nothing like it, no greater peace than in him. The best I can say is stay open, seek and you will find, knock and it will be opened, ask for the Holy Spirit to come into your life, :24: later.