Guest Bunky

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  881
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

God is outside time and space so any attempts to describe Him or make Him fit a certain analogy are going to come short. Analogies like water, ice, and vapor or light or the sun, light and heat require physical properties to be understood. God cannot be said to have physical properties in any way that we relate to them.

I don

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  891
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Hello the Trinity ah

well I have this thought

a water

steam

ice all are made from water but not the same thing

The trinity is like that Father, son & Holy spirit

all part of the God head

but not the same :wub:

Just a thought thats all hope it helps

May God bless you in your search amen

Welcome to WB al from NZ :blink: it's great to have another Kiwi join us at WB there are only 3 of us here now. Youself Eric and me...

I live in upper Northland.

Anyways hope you have ablessed time here it's a great place for God's children to felloship share and study together as well as have some fun sometimes.

Blessings to you

F1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  885
  • Birthday:  02/19/1960

To understand God we should look at oursleves because we are made in the likeness and image of God according to scripture.  Just as a Son is made in the image of his father.

The bible says we are three part being just as God is three but yet one:

1. Spirit (Part that interacts and fellowships with God)

2. Soul  (Mind, Intellect)

3. Body (Flesh)

There are three parts of me but yet they make up only one me.  Those three have their purpose allowing us operate in differant realms.

1) Spirit (Spirit Realm)

2) Soul (Mental Realm)

3) Body (Physical Realm)

Your body or Soul does not operate on a spiritual realm and vise versa for the others.

The bible also says the God has a Spirit, Soul, and Body:

Mat 12:18  Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.

1.)Spirit (Holy Spirit)

2) Soul (Father)

3) Body (Messiah/Son) God in the flesh

All three of them make up one God.  God has one Spirit, one Soul, and one Body.  God does not have 3 persons or 3 souls or 3 bodys or 3 spirits.  The bible says the Fullness of the God dwells in Jesus.  Meaning:  All three parts of God are in Jesus.  Just as our Spirt and Soul lives in our Body.

The doctrine that God is three persons is a doctrine of men made up by the RCC and is no where in the bible. 

Man is a Spirit with a Soul that has  a Body this makes me one whole human being.

God is a Spirit with a Soul that has a Body this makes God one whole God.

We are created in the likeness and image of God.

Thanks,

:rofl: Now that makes sense!

Maybe we are getting somewhere. I think! :blink:

Bunky :rofl:

Actually, this does not make sense and is a faulty analogy leading to a faulty conclusion. There are many anti-trinitarian groups that may or may not be Christian. The Deity of Christ is essential for salvation.

godrulz quotes

Actually, this does not make sense and is a faulty analogy leading to a faulty conclusion. There are many anti-trinitarian groups that may or may not be Christian. The Deity of Christ is essential for salvation.

**Why doesn't it make sense? As of yet, no one has been able to explain the three persons of the Trinity without saying that you accept it by faith. Why wouldn't it make sense? BTW, I do believe in the Deity of Christ. Why wouldn't I....He is God! :blink:

Possibly Trinitarians are following in the footsteps of the RCC and need to look a little deeper, into the Word and not believe everything they read outside of the Bible.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,692
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  12/31/1952

To understand God we should look at oursleves because we are made in the likeness and image of God according to scripture.  Just as a Son is made in the image of his father.

The bible says we are three part being just as God is three but yet one:

1. Spirit (Part that interacts and fellowships with God)

2. Soul  (Mind, Intellect)

3. Body (Flesh)

There are three parts of me but yet they make up only one me.  Those three have their purpose allowing us operate in differant realms.

1) Spirit (Spirit Realm)

2) Soul (Mental Realm)

3) Body (Physical Realm)

Your body or Soul does not operate on a spiritual realm and vise versa for the others.

The bible also says the God has a Spirit, Soul, and Body:

Mat 12:18  Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.

1.)Spirit (Holy Spirit)

2) Soul (Father)

3) Body (Messiah/Son) God in the flesh

All three of them make up one God.  God has one Spirit, one Soul, and one Body.  God does not have 3 persons or 3 souls or 3 bodys or 3 spirits.  The bible says the Fullness of the God dwells in Jesus.  Meaning:  All three parts of God are in Jesus.  Just as our Spirt and Soul lives in our Body.

The doctrine that God is three persons is a doctrine of men made up by the RCC and is no where in the bible. 

Man is a Spirit with a Soul that has  a Body this makes me one whole human being.

God is a Spirit with a Soul that has a Body this makes God one whole God.

We are created in the likeness and image of God.

Thanks,

:wub: Now that makes sense!

Maybe we are getting somewhere. I think! :blink:

Precisely Godrulz, which is why I believe Bunky has been evasive of my question for someone who has nothing to hide.

You see, when I was a Moderator on this Board I dealt with quite a few "Bunkys'", who always asked the SAME type of question(s) with the full intent of disproving the teaching concerning the Trinity/Triune GOD.

The question was always presented the same way stating a reason of trying to "find out the truth", when in fact the questioner already had a hidden agenda to debate against the doctrine of the Triune GOD. Several times this would be also done by the SAME poster under multiple identities in times past on this Board.

Granted, there are those Believers who pose the question seriously because they honestly want to learn the truth. I am not including them here. However, if one was to read this entire thread it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what is being said, IF one is sincerely seeking the truth. Our FATHER is not the AUTHOR of confusion.

Precisely Godrulz, which is why I believe Bunky has been evasive of my question for someone who has nothing to hide.

You see, when I was a Moderator on this Board I dealt with quite a few "Bunkys'", who always asked the SAME type of question(s) with the full intent of disproving the teaching concerning the Trinity/Triune GOD.

The question was always presented the same way stating a reason of trying to "find out the truth", when in fact the questioner already had a hidden agenda to debate against the doctrine of the Triune GOD.  Several times this would be also done by the SAME poster under multiple identities in times past on this Board.

Granted, there are those Believers who pose the question seriously because they honestly want to learn the truth.  I am not including them here.  However, if one was to read this entire thread it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what is being said,  IF one is sincerely seeking the truth.  Our FATHER is not the AUTHOR of confusion.

--Wisdom, I'm not hiding anything. I was asked what I believed and I responded. No, I don't believe in the Trinity because I don't understand its doctrine. That is what I'm trying to learn from some of the posters.

When you were a moderator, you may have dealt with what you call a few "Bunkys," as you call me, but don't classify me as such.

How could I disprove the Trinity when I don't understand its doctrine? Evidently neither do any of you. Remember, I was told that you all accept that doctrine by faith and can't explain it.

My intent wasn't to find out the truth, I already know the truth! It wouldn't have been any different if it had been a question about what JW's believe. I'm just trying to understand "Trinitarianism."

As far as me ever have been on the board before, under another name, forget it. This is my first time. :P

Our FATHER is not the AUTHOR of confusion? That's right....and I don't believe I'm the one that's confused. Did that ring a bell?

I've really tried to be nice, on this board, but one can just take so much. Maybe some Catholic could answer my question. At least I do know where the doctrine of the Trinity originated from...I just can't explain something that I don't understand.

Thanks to all that tried and some that were very polite.

Bunky

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  885
  • Birthday:  02/19/1960

I think we do understand the Trinity and have attempted to explain it. We are not just saying it is a mystery one must accept by faith with no evidence.

There are good theological books that will lay out the Scriptural basis and doctrinal development of this revelation of God.

We would have to interpret these verses in context:

i) show there is only one God

ii) show that the Father is called this one God

iii) show that the Son is called God (Deity)

iv) show that the Spirit is personal and also Divine

v) show that there is a distinction and relationship between the Father, Son, Spirit.

The Trinity is the only way to reconcile all of the relevant verses. To say it is a Catholic doctrine is a red herring that does not square with reality.

Bunky...what church, denomination, cult do you identify with?

Jesus Only oneness Pentecostals?

Mormons?

JWs?

Apostolic?

Christadelphian?

I am evangelical, Pentecostal Christian. Your label would help us understand your background and influences. You would have integrity to be open about this.

BUNKY:

IF you are sincere, and was not able to understand the pizza theory that was given, or how the Word was the expressed thought of the Father (from the beginning) and was made manifest in the flesh by his holy Spirit, then perhaps some basics must be covered.

God is the Cause of all causes. That is what god means. Nothing exists that is not in him. Nothing! Before anything was, God was. Now you have to believe that before you can ever understand the trinity. If you cannot accept that then no matter what anyone says it will be in vain.

However, if you can understand that he is the cause of all creation -- spiritually, materially or what else you may imagine.... If you are able to understand that everything was in God, visible and invisible, before it became a reality, then why would it be difficult accept the notion that he is able to come out of himself and yet still remain in himself. When he does this in the flesh it is called incarnation. When it is done in the Spirit it is called a plenary expansion.

If you didn't understand the simple pizza story, perhaps you can better understand this explanation.

Shaman

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,692
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  12/31/1952

Is there anyone who could explain to me how there are three persons in the Godhead.

I've tried, on other board, and no one can explain the Trinity.

Completely lost for the lack of understanding the Trinity, :blink:

Bunky :t2:

Correction Bunky.....I don't see where anyone asked you the question here. I see YOU doing the asking. Throughout the thread you have been given MORE than sufficient/ample information in response to YOUR question.

After reading the entire thread I asked you some simple questions and YOU blew up. Contrary to what you said in your last post to me, you ARE being evasive. Why? Only YOU know. You do the math! Your statement concerning Catholics was completely unnecessary(???). I don't know why you threw it in, but I will apologize to any brothers/sisters it impacted here and now.

A word of advice....if you're going to present a perceived controversial topic for discussion, don't get upset when someone questions your reasoning behind doing so.

For the record....I'm a Non-Denominational Christian (26 yrs) with nothing to hide. :o

Bunky I would suggest that you go somewhere else for help than here. It is obvious that if you do not agree with everyones way of thinking on this board that you are labeled as being part of an occult

Bunky...what church, denomination, cult do you identify with?

I saw where one person tried to explain the trinity with the (AHEM) Britannica Encyclopedia :blink: That is sad. You will never see the words trinity or triune in the Bible used to refer to God but you will see Hear oh Israel the Lord our God is one Lord. It is also amazing how many of these same people will put down the Catholic church yet their own beleifs are derived from Catholocism hence the Protestant Reformation. They took what they thought was right but never looked into the whole matter. At least the Catholics are willing to admit that the early church baptized in the name of Jesus Christ not in the titles Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

Good luck to you.