IGNORED

Can we communicate with the dead?

Guest leejosepho

Guest GloryaRose

Yes we can sometimes sense what is going on in the spiritual realm. I only know from my experience with grandparents who passed away that it I did sense them. This was briefly and since I did not communicate with them in turn I dont know if I could have done so.....

I do know there are other decieveing spirits out there who will imitate deceased loved ones as well. The Psychics who posess real power (not just stupid entertainment "psychic hot line" phonies)..........have learned to tap into what these decieveing spirits are saying. I think that sometimes a psychic knows the spirit is a lying spirit and other times they may not....but the person who yields to a lying spirit or any other evil spirit...allows themself to become influenced, enchanted, opressed, and possibly even posessed by that spirit.

This is why we are not to believe every spirit...but to test the spirits to see if they are of God. This, in addition to the fact that participation in such things usurps the role of the LORD in our lives...is why the occult is condemned in scripture.

The Holy Spirit is the only comforter guide teacher and helper we need. He leads us into truth. We can trust him...but not any other spirit of man or of Satan's minions.

AS for the gift of discernment of spirits...I do believe it exists and does operate as the Lord wills. It is not a gift that a person should claim to own, and like prophesy is only given when the Lord chooses to reveal the spiritual realm to a person. If a person claims to own the gift of discernment they are approaching error and deception far too similar to that of a practicing psychic....

This is different than the sensitivity to spiritual things that I described...it is a more dramatic more vivid look into the spiritual realm.

The fact that the young woman felt the evil spirit....is an example of the sensitivity.  The fact that she could hear the spirit...may have been an example of the gift of discerment in operation. Sometimes it takes on a visual form and the Lord allows us to see things visually as well. Then ther is Satan who sometimes reveals himself, or speaks to us  to intimidate..or to decieve us.

We need to constantly be in the Word and in Prayer to learn to distinguish the difference...and trust only in what the Lord chooses to reveal to us...not looking to any other source but HIM, for wisdom and knowledge and Revelation.

Love In Christ

GloryaRose

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest leejosepho

GloryaRose:

Well said (in my opinion)!

In my daughter's case, that spirit was an evil one attempting to intimidiate.

Blessings to you!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/13/1973

"If a person claims to own the gift of discernment they are approaching error and deception far too similar to that of a practicing psychic...."

GloryaRose, I am with you up until this point.  If I understand you correctly, you are trying to say that if someone claims that they have the gift of discernment of their own power, then they are deceiving themselves.  I hope you do not mean that anyone who says that they have the gift of discernment at all is deceiving themselves.  Please clarify for me.  :???:

"The fact that the young woman felt the evil spirit....is an example of the sensitivity.  The fact that she could hear the spirit...may have been an example of the gift of discerment in operation. Sometimes it takes on a visual form and the Lord allows us to see things visually as well. Then ther is Satan who sometimes reveals himself, or speaks to us  to intimidate..or to decieve us."  

This is the stuff I'm talking about.  Except for hearing a ghost thump on the inside of a wall, I have never heard a ghost speak.  But, then they have rarely had to to make their intentions clear to me.  And, yes, on occaision I have seen them.  Mostly, I have felt them.  And, this is not even bringing up the subject of demonic harassment.  Demons tend to be far more intrusive.  Now, that I am confident in my safety and ability to overcome in Jesus, I don't fear ghosts anymore.  Demons, likewise, have already been defeated.  

As for being able to actively communicate or converse with them, I have heard of cases, though I have never done it myself except to order them away.  Sometimes they listen to that and other times I have to get tough and call on the Name of the Lord.  Then they have to leave.  There was only one time when that did not work, and I think that was because I had fear in my heart.  He was quite intimidating.  I know better now how to handle his ilk.

Guest leejosepho

Agreed ... and although I make no claim as to having "the gift of discernment", I am at least aware of my ability to discern and to consciously/conscientiously practice that gift -- with the issues there being those of purpose, whether as to claim or actual practice.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

But Jesus came back from death, and although he did eat after he came back, he also passed through walls?  Didn't he?

Isn't it thought in the Jewish faith, I think, that the soul stays with the dead for 3 days after death? I really think it's how you receive the "ghost"

If it brings peace over you, think it's not evil?  Because God gave us those feelings, but if it scares you, then it's a demon, because God didn't give us fear.  I don't know.  I'm open to new things, and if anyone has the right to spring something new on us, it'd be God.  :rofl:

Love you all

Ashley :rofl:

Guest GloryaRose

To answer the question as to what I meant when I said that a person claiming to own a spiritual gift of discernment comes dangerously close to the deception that a psychic operates in...I will use myself as an example...and I will use both real and hypothetical situations in this example to better illustrate my point:

I was with my husband and two psychics, one who merely dabbled with Taroh and crystals, the other professional psychic consultant to police departments.  The first one is my mother-in-law, the other is a good friend of hers.  We were at her friend's house, and just sat down to watch a movie when a feeling of deep dispair over having just lost someone to death came over me.  I tried hard to fight back the tears because I noticed everyone else was fine and having a good time.  I tried desperately to think who might have died, but all I knew was tremendous grief.  After a short time, it left.  I was quieter than usual but otherwise fine.  My husband called me at work the next day to tell me his mom had found his brother dead from suicide in her bed.  So much for psychics.  The only Christian in the room that night was the only one that "knew".

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  109
  • Birthday:  09/13/1973

GloryaRose, that is what I thought you meant.  No problem.  You seem very adamant on the subject.  It must be something close to your heart.

Xan, He uses us to be a light to the nations.  I bet there was an excellent reason that you were the only one to feel that grief.  Have you told your husband what happened that night?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  62

Speaking of praying to the dead,here is a big one.