IGNORED

just a couple of questions

Guest GodsLittleSoldier

praying "for" the dead is NOT the same as praying "to" the dead.

no, i have not read macabees. i'm still trying to figure out why the catholics are the ones who determine what is or is not to be canonized. what i DO know is that God's word was HIS word, transcribed by humans as if in dictation.... it was God-breathed, no room for error. i don't know that macabees fits that criteria, and i don't know that Jesus used macabees in his "version" of the bible. to my knowledge, Jesus used the TORAH. i'm sure you can point out some article written by a catholic to prove that Jesus read macabees, though.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

praying to someone other than god is forbidden, this is true. we ask people on earth to pray for us and catholics ask the dead alive in christ to pray for us, to join their prayers with ours. i would never ever pray to mary or any saint like i pray to jesus, and this is not what is taught. having mary pray for us isn't even required to be a catholic.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  250
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Lady C,

Christ read from the septugiant. Macabees is present in this book. The reason the catholics are the ones that decided what books were in the bible because they were the only christian world for 1500 yrs. BTW, catholics did not decide what was in the old testament, it was already there. It was ok for Christ so it was ok for christians. Jews removed it in the year 90 to diferentiate between them and the Christians. Then Luther removed it to support his movement on solo fide and solo scriptura.

Thanks

Nicholas

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

What good does it do to pray for the "DEAD" ??? THEIR FATE/FUTURE IS ALREADY SEALED......

Guest shadow2b
-The New Testament scriptures are referred as part of the word of God even though Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Peter, James or Paul wrote them. Only once does Paul say in 1 Cor. 7: 12

Lady C,

Christ read from the septugiant. Macabees is present in this book. The reason the catholics are the ones that decided what books were in the bible because they were the only christian world for 1500 yrs. BTW, catholics did not decide what was in the old testament, it was already there. It was ok for Christ so it was ok for christians. Jews removed it in the year 90 to diferentiate between them and the Christians. Then Luther removed it to support his movement on solo fide and solo scriptura.

Thanks

Nicholas

no, nicholas, the first Christians were JEWS. judaism is the foundation of Christianity, not catholicism. and i find it very interesting that while i've known an awful lot of jews, i've never known a single one who said the macabees is part of holy writ.

nowhere in scripture does God take the scriptures, and their keeping of them, away from jews and turn them over to the RCC.

i'm very sorry you are so decieved by a doctrine that is not biblically sound. i can not make eyes see that are firmly shut, nor can i open the ears of someone who has closed them off. all i can do is offer to pray that God will reveal HIS truth to you.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  250
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

i did read your post. both your logic, and your "history", lack Biblical foundation. and your arrogance towards anyone who is not Catholic (as evidenced by implication in this thread, and by outright verbal criticisim in another), astounds me.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  12/19/1974

In reponse to this entire thread, I was raised in the Catholic faith, I have learned about the faith on my own as an adult and disagree with MANY MANY things that they believe versus the actual scripture. What most of it boils down to is this in MY OPINION Catholicism is sooooo complexed and can be twisted in many ways to fit ones need. It shouldn't be argued upon, its just too confusing and I will say I have had many different Priests interpret things to suit their own styles and needs. :t:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  527
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

-The New Testament scriptures are referred as part of the word of God even though Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Peter, James or Paul wrote them. Only once does Paul say in 1 Cor. 7: 12