• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

I listen to NPR, Rush, Hannity, and even the clowns on Air America.

That is why my favorite network is ESPN :rolleyes:

No doubt about it...they are all trying to be clones of Rush's success. He brought AM radio back from the grave singlehandedly.

He's not as good as he was when he was the only one doing national talk radio but his worst day is still better than Franken's best year.

:rolleyes:

But Hannity is getting up there too. You notice Colmes isn't going anywhere. Mark Levin is good, too. Another rising star.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

What's NPR?

National Public Radio.

Is that like our CBC?

Sort of. However, NPR has more News and Discussion Programming, while it seems like CBC radio is almost more arts than news. However, they are very similar. NPR goes to almost absurd lengths to give both sides during interview and discussion segments equal time. NPR also seems to avoid reporting on the scandal and hype of the day like most news sources do these days.

I listen to NPR, Rush, Hannity, and even the clowns on Air America.

That is why my favorite network is ESPN :rolleyes:

No doubt about it...they are all trying to be clones of Rush's success. He brought AM radio back from the grave singlehandedly.

He's not as good as he was when he was the only one doing national talk radio but his worst day is still better than Franken's best year.

:rolleyes:

But Hannity is getting up there too. You notice Colmes isn't going anywhere. Mark Levin is good, too. Another rising star.

Which is kind of a pattern. The meaner and more hateful the commentator is, the more apt right wingers are going to listen to them. Mark Levin is as hateful as Savage is. Thats why decent and classy conservatives like George Will don't have a radio show.

]

Haha, study after study has found that NPR listeners are by far the most well informed and intelligent demographic out there. :rolleyes:

NPR has some good programming...but the most well informed listen to all spectrums of ideas (including NPR & Rush) to get all perspectives before making their own decisions.

NPR tries to be fair and objective, Rush and Air America don't. Take an NPR Show like Diane Rheem. I think its obvious that Diane Rheem is a liberal. However, on her show, discussing any issue, she will have a liberal, a conservative, and a moderate. The conversations are alway civil and everyone has ample opportunity to convey their side and their ideas.

You don't find that on talk radio. Talk radio is primarily just a bunch of blowhards who shout down anyone who disagrees with them, and who spread what ever half truth bolsters their side that day. It is not news, it is simply entertainment. Limbaugh is no more of a source of news than the Daily Show is.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,234
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/10/1987

I love NPR.

And also, I think the Daily Show may be better about news than Rush is...at least as far as I'm concerned. Regardless, the peace prize? Ha.

PS: Forrest, I LOVE that John Muir quote. He was the man.

NPR tries to be fair and objective, Rush and Air America don't.

NPR is government funded and therefore is bound by law to be impartial politically. That doesn't really work out like it's supposed to because you end up with pro-government types deciding which people will get air time.

The biggest difference between the ones you just named is that Rush is the only one who is honest about being biased. He makes no apologies for being biased either.

Take an NPR Show like Diane Rheem. I think its obvious that Diane Rheem is a liberal. However, on her show, discussing any issue, she will have a liberal, a conservative, and a moderate. The conversations are alway civil and everyone has ample opportunity to convey their side and their ideas.

The people they choose for "conservatives" aren't even decent moderates usually. So, their "fairness" is one-sided at least 80% of the time.

I have heard some good programs though or I wouldn't listen at all...

But "All Sides Considered" usually isn't considering all sides fairly.

You don't find that on talk radio. Talk radio is primarily just a bunch of blowhards who shout down anyone who disagrees with them, and who spread what ever half truth bolsters their side that day. It is not news, it is simply entertainment. Limbaugh is no more of a source of news than the Daily Show is.

How would you know?

I've heard more news on Rush that wasn't being reported than any place else before DrudgeReport. I love the daily show and have no complaints...

But Keith Olberman? He's gonna sink MSNBC before it's over with his guile....even though I think he's pretty funny

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

It could be worse, lol! They could've nominated Jerry Springer! :P

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,227
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  08/19/1964

It could be worse, lol! They could've nominated Jerry Springer! :P

or Yasser Arafat

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

"As I said earlier, he can't even keep a wife. "

I can over look the hatemonger etc comments but this is just too much.

So every man that has gotten a divorce "CANT keep a wife"?

This is a comment in very poor taste.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

That's not true on Hannity and Colmes. In fact, most programs, even liberal ones (like on CNN and MSNBC), have someone from both sides, but the liberals either dance around the questions, or shout down the ones they don't agree with. I've seen this time and again.